How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2006
V.I.P.

I want gloves too, a driving glove maybe. I dont know, I want something clean, simple, classic and fresh. I haven't look at Hermes gloves although I KNOW Ill love them.

15-10-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I want gloves too, a driving glove maybe. I dont know, I want something clean, simple, classic and fresh. I haven't look at Hermes gloves although I KNOW Ill love them.
Hahaha you and Hermes.

15-10-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmelots1983
Gosh, I wish I could actually afford these gloves! They're gorgeous, especially the Miu Mius, but they're ridiculously expensive, I'm sure!
I just noticed these fingerless leather gloves @ urban outiftters that are pretty similiar to the Juicy one's I posted above. They have the cute bow & keyhole wrist cut-out + their only $28! I might have to get a pair.

-

they also come in pink to.

16-10-2006
front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss
I just noticed these fingerless leather gloves @ urban outiftters that are pretty similiar to the Juicy one's I posted above. They have the cute bow & keyhole wrist cut-out + their only $28! I might have to get a pair.

-

Oh, MissBliss, you're a complete genius! I love them, they're adorable. I might go check out the store- thanks for the tips!

MissBliss, what are your ideas on wearing this style? I had a pair of leather cutout gloves with rhinestones on them, which I wore for Halloween, when I was a biker girl. Other than that, I'm not sure how I'd put an outfit together with the gloves, without looking too biker/rock star chic.

17-10-2006
backstage pass

haha, thanks! It's definitely what you choose to pair the gloves with that'll determine if your gonna look like a biker or w/e. I think their pretty "bad ***" in my opinion though. You have to have guts to wear them & confidence to carry them off. I think the black fingerless gloves would look cute paired with a short sleeved white top & maybe a black skirt with opaque tights & maybe some boots...that would be very hot actually. I think the white ones or even the pink if you'd really like to stand out would like great with a black suit or all black ensemble. Their a great way to instantly dress up any outfit. Also if you have a jacket or cardigan that's too short it'd be cute to wear that with gloves as well (see Lindsay pic below). You can also see Lindsay wearing long knit ones that are cute with more casual outfits.

lindsaylohan.name.com

17-10-2006
front row

Quote:
haha, thanks! It's definitely what you choose to pair the gloves with that'll determine if your gonna look like a biker or w/e. I think their pretty "bad ***" in my opinion though. You have to have guts to wear them & confidence to carry them off. I think the black fingerless gloves would look cute paired with a short sleeved white top & maybe a black skirt with opaque tights & maybe some boots...that would be very hot actually. I think the white ones or even the pink if you'd really like to stand out would like great with a black suit or all black ensemble. Their a great way to instantly dress up any outfit. Also if you have a jacket or cardigan that's too short it'd be cute to wear that with gloves as well (see Lindsay pic below). You can also see Lindsay wearing long knit ones that are cute with more casual outfits.

lindsaylohan.name.com
Oooooh, I love,love, LOVE the first outfit you mentioned! The white shirt, black skirt, tights.... ohh la la!

And now that you've given me ideas using gloves of both colors, I might have to get them in black AND white You said Urban Outfitters, right?

Last edited by Estella*; 18-10-2006 at 02:04 PM.
17-10-2006
backstage pass

Yup, their @ Urban Outiftters.

18-10-2006
backstage pass

I used to have a pair of vintage red leather driving gloves, loved them! Unfortunately they were lost at some party, somewhere....

I just got a pair of long ruched black velvet gloves. I'm looking for a black leather pair to wear with my 3/4 sleeve coats and another pair of driving gloves.

Last edited by salomelovesjohn; 18-10-2006 at 02:01 PM.
20-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomelovesjohn
I used to have a pair of vintage red leather driving gloves, loved them! Unfortunately they were lost at some party, somewhere....

I just got a pair of long ruched black velvet gloves. I'm looking for a black leather pair to wear with my 3/4 sleeve coats and another pair of driving gloves.
the black velvet gloves sound hot.

21-10-2006
V.I.P.

I saw a gorgeous pair of gloves at Dior, black w/ white leather and they button up, they also had a metallic pair of asymmetrical zips on it...I didnt really care for either too much, they were cute but not $700 cute. I did see a gorgeous pair of bone lambskin w/ purple suede lining from YSL, they were cheap too! Only $295, I didnt get them because the color is so light and Ill get them so dirty.

Im holding out for Hermes.

18-11-2006
windowshopping

Topshop, H&M to name a few have some real nice long (elbow) leather gloves in at present. I think Wallis and Dorothy Perkins may have as well.

H&M apparently have been selling out real well, not sure about Topshop but they are a plain black leather (unlined) that reach to the elbow.

I bought a pair for my wife the other day.

Cheers.

19-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I saw a gorgeous pair of gloves at Dior, black w/ white leather and they button up, they also had a metallic pair of asymmetrical zips on it...I didnt really care for either too much, they were cute but not $700 cute. I did see a gorgeous pair of bone lambskin w/ purple suede lining from YSL, they were cheap too! Only $295, I didnt get them because the color is so light and Ill get them so dirty.

Im holding out for Hermes.
YSL gloves are surprisingly cheap. I just bought a pair for my father and it was ongly a little bit more than 150 (eur)
Hermes gloves are heaven but you shouldn't be afraid of 700 ^^ because they can charge wayy more for that
The cheaper they sell (the ones I have haha) are 435 EUR. They are simple, silk-lined, with the "clou de selle" (stud with "hermes-paris" slickly engraved on it). Women's gloves are less thin so they are cheaper (aroung 350 but even with a big size it would be hard to put your hads on it) for the same design.
After, if you want suede, cut-out gloves, long gloves with zip, then the sky is your limit in term of prices.I've tried a nice 650 EUR gloves yesterday haha.

+ If you allow me do give you some advices, the Lanvin gloves are heaven. The leather is washed, and they go in a lot of colors. Heaven I tell you!

backstage pass

Quote:

-

I just ordered these in black. They are on sale for 19.99 but with shipping and tax, it comes to just under $28. The black leather doesn look that great in the picture, but I like the style so I hope they look nice in person. The gloves are punky chic and can be dressed up.

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belletrist
YSL gloves are surprisingly cheap. I just bought a pair for my father and it was ongly a little bit more than 150 (eur)
Hermes gloves are heaven but you shouldn't be afraid of 700 ^^ because they can charge wayy more for that
The cheaper they sell (the ones I have haha) are 435 EUR. They are simple, silk-lined, with the "clou de selle" (stud with "hermes-paris" slickly engraved on it). Women's gloves are less thin so they are cheaper (aroung 350 but even with a big size it would be hard to put your hads on it) for the same design.
After, if you want suede, cut-out gloves, long gloves with zip, then the sky is your limit in term of prices.I've tried a nice 650 EUR gloves yesterday haha.

+ If you allow me do give you some advices, the Lanvin gloves are heaven. The leather is washed, and they go in a lot of colors. Heaven I telll you!
I got a pair of Lanvin gloves, Im loving them.

27-06-2007
windowshopping

does anyone know where to buy fingerless black leather gloves for guys cheap?

there's some an hot topic but they have this weird metallic thing on them.

does anyone know any stores/department stores/etc. which could have them, not online cause I can't really order right now.

or would my best bet be at a biker shop?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gloves