How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2007
trendsetter

Gloves + Rings, Out or Under?
Do you ever wear a ring over slim fitting gloves? Or uncomfortably squeeze it in?

07-05-2007
dsq
backstage pass

i don't do it myself because i never wear gloves when i'm indoors (aside from the quick pop into the store to grab a drink or magazine). so it's a hassle to take the ring off each time.

07-05-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

are you talking about winter gloves or gloves to wear to some sort of fancy dress or evening affair?

If your talking about the former, under and it's not a big deal. If you're talking about the latter, i hate when people where rings at all with gloves.

07-05-2007
rock-chic

Depends on the rings and the gloves. I always wear my wedding ring under all gloves, but I have some 'fancy' evening gloves and wear dress rings over if it suits my particular outfit.

V.I.P.

I love jewellery over evening gloves

08-05-2007
I don't know

I don't really like it when people wear rings over gloves.. It reminds me of the Sienna wearing that shoe string (what to call it) over the jeans

22-05-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
I don't really like it when people wear rings over gloves.. It reminds me of the Sienna wearing that shoe string (what to call it) over the jeans
Actually, to me it reminds me of that Eddie Murphy comedy movie/video from the 1980s (please don't make me describe how hideous it was if you haven't seen it lol). I do think bracelets look good over longer ones, especially for more formal occasions. I think rings could work over them in such circumstances, but would be a pain if you had to remove them.

Saying that, gloves like the Thakoon for Nine West last year that were longer and fingerless would work great with rings.

23-05-2007
V.I.P.

Unless you're Karl it's a no.

I can make an exception for a cocktail ring worn w/ opera length gloves and therefore a gorgeous dress, but for daywear, no.

26-05-2007
V.I.P.

It really depends on the amount or type of bling. I'd say under at all times except for a few circumstances, but I love bracelets over opera gloves. That looks incredibly elegant.

05-06-2007
windowshopping

I dont do it myself, all rings under the gloves, I have visions of white gloves with massive gemset stones. Some people can pull it off, me - No.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gloves, rings