How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2005
tfs star

Today I'm wearing a silk scarf from the late 60's as a headband, and I loves it much. I became obsessed with wearing them about 2 months ago, and everyone's started copying me! I'm not just being vain here... a few months ago they were s0ooo0o0o0o0o0 uncool, and then I started wearing them every day because I saw cute ones on the runway. Everyone kept coming up to me and asking where I got them, and the same people were wearing them a week later. Grrrr for my unfashionable school.

-G.

12-12-2005
etre soi-meme

well, YOU made it fashionable stargirl, feel proud

Quote:
VINTAGE PRINCESS:

All the celebs look great apart from Sienna!
hehehe, correct..
love hairbands and barrettes (they look like hairbands), they are so classic and they go beyond seasons and trends..
i have the basic elastic ones in medium width, in black, brown and navy
scarves as hairbands are also cool but i usually wear them during summer.. now i'm getting ideas of trying them for winter, why not..

12-12-2005
rising star

I wish I could wear headbands, but they just make me look really odd. I dont have the head to pull it off
Its a shame, because Topshop has some gorgeous ones right now

12-12-2005
tfs star

I'm so glad I found this thread..
I just got the worst haircut in the history of my life.. I love hairbands right now!

I have a little 'dip' like a cupids bow in my hairline (like fran drescher?), do you think pulled up bangs in a hairband look ok like that?

12-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
I'm so glad I found this thread..
I just got the worst haircut in the history of my life.. I love hairbands right now!

I have a little 'dip' like a cupids bow in my hairline (like fran drescher?), do you think pulled up bangs in a hairband look ok like that?
I think that looks really cute!

13-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestar07
Only 2 freaks here so far???

Sylphide, thanks for the suggestion but it's really hot where I am and tying scarves on my head make me even hotter. I like hair bands 'cos it pushes hair out of my face.
i'm a freak too.

13-12-2005
backstage pass

iirc the "dip" is called a widow's peak. i'd love to have one but sadly i don't

anyhow i absolutely love black hairbands on blondes or on very light hair

i don't really do this because i have a high forehead and black hairhands on dark hair doesn't show up

Last edited by loves; 13-12-2005 at 11:29 PM.
13-12-2005
windowshopping

Will Handband be a hot topic next Spr & Sum??

14-12-2005
etre soi-meme

it seems it will just continue.. oldfashioned scarves are supposed to be huge next soring summer , check style.com they have a whole little thing on scarves right now

14-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by versace_goddess
online shops with beautiful headbands?

i really want a silver or gold headband... anyone know where to look? xoxox
yeah...i would love to have a golden one...I have brown hair so you wouldn't really notice a black one on my head.

I always wear them when my hair isnt exactly perfect.

15-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrio
yeah...i would love to have a golden one...
they have a golden hairband in HM that is cute. I got one and a lady actually stopped me on the street and complimented me on it and went on and on about it's "beautiful and so delicate colour" . It is cute though

15-12-2005
fashion icon

I love head bands, they sorta remind me of being a little kid and I think they look especially cute with bangs !! I've got a thin pink leather one with a bow, a thin black velvet one and a thick black plastic vintage one. I'd love to get more though!! I red one would be lovely (especially since my hair is black) or perhaps electric blue or purple!! I really liked a bluey-purple Miu Miu one but they sold out so quickly!! Head scarves are nice too!! Luckily, not that many people wear it around here but I'm hoping in the future it doesn't turn into too-too much of a trend...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therese
they have a golden hairband in HM that is cute. I got one and a lady actually stopped me on the street and complimented me on it and went on and on about it's "beautiful and so delicate colour" . It is cute though
Really? Im so going to get one. Thank you!

And I agree...it's very cute.

16-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Does anyone know how to make one's hair have volume behind the band? I tried by flipping my head up side down and then slidding on the band but it uh.....didn't last. Any idea what product to usee or how you'd apply them? Please help me out b/c i'm useless with hair. Thanks much!
flip your head/hair upside down, and use any old hair spray. then what you're missing is to BLOW DRY. flip back and you're done!

anyway, i've been rocking a headband a lot lately. i was cutting the sleaves off one of my shirts and thought they'd make great headbands, and they did. i wear them when i feel like looking 80's, or just to pull my hair back, instead of my typical bobby-pinning.

i've even gotten my boyfriend to wear one of the headbands and it looks super-cute, if you're in to having your men look queer/80's, which i certainly am.

16-12-2005
Day Dreaming

absolutely adore this look! I love headbands!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hairbands, headbands