How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2006
Storm & Sommer

As You Like It is a member >> http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...like%2Bit.html her contact info is on the page of the link I posted

06-01-2006
Storm & Sommer

This thread might interest you - http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ead-24851.html

09-04-2006
windowshopping

Straw Fedora Hat
Last Friday, Guess released for the very first time a fragrance for men. I personally like it. It smells a bit strong at first, but then comes off very light.

Anyways, the reson I am posting this, is because I am on a mission. If you guys see below, one of the ads for the fragrance campaign. My mission is to find that exact same hat that the model is using. All I know its a straw fedora stingy brim hat. I was wondering could anybody help me find this hat??

I called Guess, and they said its not an Guess item, that it was just something that the photographer put on the model. This is my very first post, I was wondering if maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time

12-04-2006
tfs star

that EXACT hat? that i dont know..

but you can actually find fedoras anywhere...H&M, FrenchConnection...or Neimans or Saks...hell, even Wal-Mart might carry them..i dont know where you live, so i cant point you in the exact direction..

or you can try any hatshop..its a staple in mens' millinery, so any of them should carry it (and if you get it at a hatshop, then the less likely a lot of other people will have it, versus getting it @ H&M or whatever other chain store is in your area..)

Hope this helps...and welcome to TFS..

12-04-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyBrown
that EXACT hat? that i dont know..

but you can actually find fedoras anywhere...H&M, FrenchConnection...or Neimans or Saks...hell, even Wal-Mart might carry them..i dont know where you live, so i cant point you in the exact direction..

or you can try any hatshop..its a staple in mens' millinery, so any of them should carry it (and if you get it at a hatshop, then the less likely a lot of other people will have it, versus getting it @ H&M or whatever other chain store is in your area..)

Hope this helps...and welcome to TFS..
Hey thanks, for the reply, I appreciate it. I guess I don't need the exact hat, but I woudl ike that very much. Right now to me its like a car, that I want really really bad, and it has to be the same car, same color. lol

I just saw that you are in boston, so am I? Is the hatshop located here? Let me know, thanks again!!!

13-04-2006
tfs star

there's one on Newbury, called Toppers..they're selection of fedoras isnt that great, but ive always found somethng there..it's mostly womens hats, but they have mens hats in the back..actually, thats where i get all my hats..sometimes, if you act really really interested in hats, the owner might give you a discount..

and since you're in Boston too, im sure you know the H&M/FC/Neimans/Saks locations i mentioned..

best of luck!

13-04-2006
tfs star

there's one on Newbury, called Toppers..they're selection of fedoras isnt that great, but ive always found somethng there..it's mostly womens hats, but they have mens hats in the back..actually, thats where i get all my hats..sometimes, if you act really really interested in hats, the owner might give you a discount..

and since you're in Boston too, im sure you know the H&M/FC/Neimans/Saks locations i mentioned..

best of luck!

17-04-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyBrown

best of luck!
Yes I do. Thanks for all the info!!

04-05-2006
windowshopping

What kind of hat is this?
Hello,

I've been looking all over for a hat like this, and I can't find anything like it, anywhere! Not online, and not around my city.. So I wondering, if anyone knows, could they tell me what the name of the style of the hat is... And possibly, somewhere to buy it online or something?

it's all good.

But, anyways. Thanks for your help.

-BF

04-05-2006
tfs star

I cant tell by the angle, but they look like bucket-hats..A lot of your high-end designers have their version, and your local hat-shop should carry them as well...I recently saw some at UrbanOutfitters..

Hope this helps..

04-05-2006
front row

^ I agree. I think it's just a typical bucket/fisherman hat only with, possibly, a wider brim, so that's why it's more 'floppy?'

04-05-2006
windowshopping

Awesome.

Thanks for your help you guys, I really do appreciate it..

I'll put that information to good use.. I need a nice hat....

07-05-2006
Your pm box is full buggy

It resembles a cloche.

07-05-2006
V.I.P.

That hat...is not cute. I think the technical term is floppy fedora, Coach has a few, and they're godawful.

08-05-2006
fashion elite

It looks like a felt bucket hat.

Similar to that huge one J-LO wore at some point.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hat, thread