How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-04-2005
front row

I like them too... they look funky and fun!

18-04-2005
windowshopping

My dad had a pair very similar to those. I used to steal it from him all the time!

20-04-2005
front row

I like them but what I don't like from them is the center part. Good thing you can get this for $5 or so :p

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

Try them on?

21-04-2005
windowshopping

They are cute I love aviators

21-04-2005
fashion elite

im with pucci, I dont like them either... sorry...

front row

I don't like the upper bar. But aside of that, they are great. I love Aviator style sunglasses. but unfortunatly, they arent doing well on me

21-04-2005
backstage pass

Depends on what you wear them with. I think they are funky

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
21-04-2005
front row

I agree it depends how u were them, cos u can be getting a funky/pimp look or a super cool chic look.

26-05-2005
front row

How to pick out sunglasses?
I LOVE the sunglasses thread. I have a great pair of huge pink Gucci sunglasses with gold bits on the side that I love. Sometimes I'm afraid their a bit too overpowering for my face, but the sales associate assured me that they are hot! Hopefully she's right!

But what are the general guidelines for picking out sunglasses? How do you decide on color, shape, style, ect? I'm buying a pair for my friends birthday, but I'm nervous that she won't like them or they won't suit her! They are a pair of black Gucci's with a square looking metal G on the side. They are featured in an ad, wich I just saw but can't find for the life of me!

Also, saw a pair of fab Dior ones I wanted for myself, but they seemed way too trendy. I couldn't imagine wearing them for too long.

26-05-2005
fashion elite

Something I have learned in the past week is that you gotta inspect sunglasses carefully and try to see the potential damage that may occur. I have these Dior's ,clear plastic shade with the metal harnesses thru them, D on the side- Miss Diorella something or other.
Around the metal parts the plastic (actually shades) are cracking, I never thought this would be possible. But it is! I am so mad!
On a similar note, my mother bought these same type of glasses (green clear shades with metal- no actual frame) Versace's from Saks and hers craked in half a few weeks ago!
I also have these other black Dior (Latina) sunglasses and those actually dismantled while in my glove compartment. The latter pair I bought at Nordstrom and though its been a year later, I am taking those back...

Now I am sure that this doesnt happen to everyone so it may not help you much. But something I would like to advise is that you dont buy like the 'hottest' or most trendiest style- because you dont wanna spend $500 on some huge frames or what ever that will be out like in 3 months!

front row

buy the shades if u like them
You can fit your makeup and hairstyle to make it suit ur face

27-05-2005
blue

i dont think its such a good idea for you to buy sunglasses for your friend.
unless she tried them on before and you know that she loved it.

front row

That's what I'm afraid of. But she really really wants a pair.

I picked out these, from a botique a few blocks from my house. I saw them in an ad, but can't find it now. Does anyone know where I could find an image online?

If she doesn't like them we can go and exchange them for something else. I'm actually thinking of getting something a bit bigger.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6770963891

27-05-2005
V.I.P.

the best way to pick out sunglasses is really to try each pair on... it's so difficult to tell just by looking online because sometimes the smallest difference in the size or shape or angle could make it look ridiculous on someone. something that helps is knowing how high the cheekbones are and the bridge of the nose... if you have a very low bridge and high cheekbones some styles may not be suitabe for you, such as chanel's big 5066? aviators or the larger 5065s because they won't sit on your face properly. also the wideness of their face... if someone's got a very narrow face, don't get something too wide that'll completely go over the sides of the face (unless they're a celebrity then perhaps you'd wanna do something like that?)...and if someone's got a very wide face, then don't choose something too narrow, esp with that style of gucci there. good luck!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, picking, post, read, rules, sunglasses, yay