How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged66 View Post
What do you guys think of this enamel bracelet? I was thinking of getting it for myself. Although is it too feminine for a guy? Also is the quality worth the price?

Picture Source: Hermes.com
Hmm...

I was just wondering if I could pull of a clic clac. Ok, for the clic clac to work on a man you have to have a certain swagger...a certain sex appeal. If not you'll look like a big fag. I saw an asian gentlemen w/ a sleeve of tattoo's w/ a black/silver clic clac on, it was so sexy on him. Wear it w/ a black tee, black shorts and black vans, that would be cute. you gotta make it look like you're not trying to be expensive/flashy, you gotta make it look like you're going for that sexy femininity.

04-06-2007
backstage pass

Besides Hermes, what other more affordable lovely silk scarves are out there? I found the downloadable Hermes scarf guide and can't wait to wear them, but my scarves are too small (28' x 28') to tie like the guide suggests. So I'm in the market for new scarves. Any suggestions?

05-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling View Post
Hmm...

I was just wondering if I could pull of a clic clac. Ok, for the clic clac to work on a man you have to have a certain swagger...a certain sex appeal. If not you'll look like a big fag. I saw an asian gentlemen w/ a sleeve of tattoo's w/ a black/silver clic clac on, it was so sexy on him. Wear it w/ a black tee, black shorts and black vans, that would be cute. you gotta make it look like you're not trying to be expensive/flashy, you gotta make it look like you're going for that sexy femininity.
I know what you mean. But it's not b/c it will fit them right, that's because they are good-looking enough to make you more forgiving. I mean: Boyd Holbrook - - would be hot, even wearing the most terrible trash (ie surfer clothes)
On the other hand, some men look wrong, even if they are pulling an entire Hermès runway outfit (I have one in my school, wearing Lanvin from HEAD to TOE - including the satin sneakers. And he looks like a whore. If he were naturally sexy, Lanvin would have made him looking even sexier)
Sick sad world

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrancofille View Post
Besides Hermes, what other more affordable lovely silk scarves are out there? I found the downloadable Hermes scarf guide and can't wait to wear them, but my scarves are too small (28' x 28') to tie like the guide suggests. So I'm in the market for new scarves. Any suggestions?

Gucci (if you like flowers are equus frenos). Bottega, if you like a more "worn" look. But if you like a durable and heavy silk, Hermès is still the best, albeit being a it more expensive. One Hermès scarf is better than two Gucci's after all.

windowshopping

I have to agree, Hermes are considered the creme de la creme of scarfs. some become collectors items.

05-06-2007
backstage pass

Thanks Diorling, Belletrist, Beautiful Stranger for your opinions. I'm still not sure what I've decided. I think I'll stop by Hermes and actually try it on and see how it fits. Thanks.

06-06-2007
backstage pass

I'm so

This fradulent seller on ebay almost had me. What makes me mad is the seller says everything right to make you think it's authentic. She shows lots of pics EXCEPT of the Hermes in upper left corner of the scarf and not of the care tag on the back. Hmmm. What really made me pause was the Hermes-Paris with the copywright c next to it. The c should only be with the Hermes stamp on the upper left corner!

Here's the item number: 300118256076

You know, I'm just going to save myself a lot of heartache and get it directly from the boutique in Paris.

Last edited by saann; 07-06-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: no ebay links
07-06-2007
backstage pass

OK, I've decided that I'm going to treat myself to an hermes scarf when I go to Paris. I called Hermes for the catalog. Any advice? This will be my first time at Hermes and I don't want to make a fool of myself.

07-06-2007
trendsetter

Do you usually shop at luxury boutiques? Just act confident.. just don't go around screaming when you see the bags and you'll be fine.

08-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrancofille View Post
OK, I've decided that I'm going to treat myself to an hermes scarf when I go to Paris. I called Hermes for the catalog. Any advice? This will be my first time at Hermes and I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Be aware that a couple of woman in the 24 Faubourg shop are renowned for their over-the-top snobiness. Some are really nice, but I suggest you ask for help to a man (very nice men here). And if you can, go to the George V boutique, it's smaller, much nicer, and you will be able to take your time, because at the 24 FBR, it's really a supermarket of asian/saudi ladies buying birkins
If you go there, ask/search for Uma ("ouma", not "iouma"), she's a german lady, I don't know if she's still here though, but if so, she's wonderfully nice. Oh and take your time to admire the new boutique, everything is truly made to make you feel at home

Last edited by belletrist; 08-06-2007 at 03:45 AM.
08-06-2007
backstage pass

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I got the catalogue yesterday so I am down to a few choices.

09-06-2007
windowshopping

H-bracelet
I'm looking at getting the wide H-bracelet, but there are two wrist sizes - small and large. does anyone have any suggestions? i got the larger size and think that it's too big...

27-06-2007
tfs star

I just purchased the collier de chien from the online store!! I guess I should have asked first...but how does it fasten on? Is it like a cuff, or is there a clasp type thing? I hope that it fits my wrist!

backstage pass

^^^
The CDC is adjustable. You have a couple of options, so it will probably fit. What color/metal combo did you get? I have a black and palladium one - love it!

03-07-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by belletrist View Post
Just me: It does look logo whore on a girl, but in a good way, just like the belt... I mean, that's "I wear understated luxury, but eh, I don't want you to think I bought it at Zara". Bracelets are fun, and so are the bolduc scarves. As long as it's not an "Hermès" t-shirt (by the way, almost everyone in my school still asks me why the hell am I wearing an "H" belt because neither my first name, nor my surname starts with an "H". I guess it's not that visible after all )
your schoolmates are so funny and cute.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accessories, hermès