How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2005
scenester

Hermes Belts
Where can I get a Hermes "H" buckle belt???

I looked on the website, and didn't see any.

Are they only made to order??

Thanks!!

10-02-2005
rising star

These belts are only available at the original Hermés boutiques. But usually sold out so u have to putyour name on a waitlist. But honestly i absolutely do not like the classic H belt its so wannabe. But it is just my opinion cause i hate logoed things

flaunt the imperfection

i used to want that belt soooo badly...
i got over it....
my friend has it ...and she wears it really well...but she does it in an ironic way because her name starts with an H...LOL...

10-02-2005
& b

I want one also...im not paying that amount of money for an Hermes belt...fcuk that

blue

my sister has the H belt.... i borrow hers alot...

11-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i used to want that belt soooo badly...
i got over it....
2nd!

There are a ton of them on Ebay, but of course noone can guarantee their authenticity.

P.S. I wonder how much Hermes paid Will Smith to wear it in "Hitch"

11-02-2005
backstage pass

A friend of mine bought one in the Hermes boutique for 370 euros. The belt comes 2-colored, the buckle is versatile and you can switch it (e.g. brown/black, red/white ..).

11-02-2005
fashion elite

I have a few, all bought from the Hermes boutique in New York. Most of the time there will be some in stock, but colors like gold, black, blue jean, and orange are normally waitlisted. The retail starts somewhere between $430-500 and can go up depending on leather type, etc. You can get them in almost any leather Hermes makes I believe, including all the exotics.

trendsetter

I have a few also, my favorite being orange/dark brown...... but honestly, the waitlists are bogus... they never call you. Also finding the right size shouldnt be much of an issue... they will cut the belt for you in store if it is not your size...

13-02-2005
V.I.P.

^ so true about the waitlists

06-07-2005
windowshopping

MJCouture is right, the best bet is to go to the store in NYC. They are well stocked. I got my H buckle belt in polished silver, with black/camel in the store on Madison. The belt is truly a classic and an enduring symbol of style and elegance. You can dress it up or dress it down. Will Smith did a good job of dressing it down. I want to go back and get the new H belt. The buckle is more minimalistic.

06-07-2005
tfs star

I got 3. I had to wait 1 year for my H belt in croco but i now i love him so much

blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcj
I have a few also, my favorite being orange/dark brown...... but honestly, the waitlists are bogus... they never call you. Also finding the right size shouldnt be much of an issue... they will cut the belt for you in store if it is not your size...

they CUT it?
you mean.. they cut it and then they send it back to the factory to re do the stitching right? not a "here i cut it now it fits you and you can take it home" thing...
it would be insane to cut the hermes belts..

mmmmmm...fashion....

the H belts are the most financially accessible pieces at hermes (bar the scarves and ties of course) and are usually only 25% more than a belt at prada or ysl. but walking down the street you every second person seems to have one- generally on over 40's and the young and trashy. the stores always seem to have piles of them so once again hermes is using the idea of waitlists to drive up sales (cynical marketing tool)- i doubt they actually exist(!)

06-07-2005
space-force garçons

I don't know about hermes belts but for adjusting reversible belts, it's usually just a matter of unlocking the buckle, taking out the leather strap, cutting the buckle end of the strap to the suitable length and stuffing it back into the buckle

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
belts, hermès