How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2003
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed+Dec 7th, 2003 - 5:23 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Dec 7th, 2003 - 5:23 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Dec 7th, 2003 - 6:07 pm
OK, I got it earlier, no need to bring up my watch again, this is with you two now!
Haha! I'm sorry, Alejandro! [/b][/quote]
@ Chick

07-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Dec 4th, 2003 - 11:49 am
this is the men's model, even photos of these watches come rare ..

anyway, its all hype mehg
to come back to your words LENa

its all HYPe; just like the VUITTON when it came out, the JACOB AND CO, etc. its all in the same range. and the target customers are pretty much the same too

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
07-12-2003
Heated

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna@Dec 7th, 2003 - 6:27 pm
However that particular watch looks like it's from the late 60's and unless you had an eye for expen$ive things, you'd assume it was a cheapo watch. That's innately snobby.
That's the beauty of Hermes. It's like a club. To get it you literally have to know. Most people would pass over a Kelly bag and not think twice. But for those in the know, it sends a very clear message--like a knowing smirk.

11-12-2003
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed+Dec 7th, 2003 - 7:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Dec 7th, 2003 - 7:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lorna@Dec 7th, 2003 - 6:27 pm
However that particular watch looks like it's from the late 60's and unless you had an eye for expen$ive things, you'd assume it was a cheapo watch. That's innately snobby.
That's the beauty of Hermes. It's like a club. To get it you literally have to know. Most people would pass over a Kelly bag and not think twice. But for those in the know, it sends a very clear message--like a knowing smirk. [/b][/quote]
i completely agree...it's the whole balenciaga-doesn't-have-a-street-sign chic.

it's not a watch someone would want to steal. it's not bling, it's not an obvious name. it's well-made and understated. because when you have that much money you stop wanting to get the newest, biggest thing, you start wanting to get the best in life...the assumption with this watch (and i must say i am biased as i own the cape cod double strapped number) is that you have other watches. just like the bags...it is not your only bag, it is your BEST bag. same with the the scarves, you, of course, have other scarves, but hermes will be your best. if you have a birkin it's assumed you have every other bag already. it's about status, not about fashion.

backstage pass

Hermes is the very antithesis of trashy. Versace can be trashy, and certainly Roberto Cavalli. Dior to an extent but certainly not Hermes.

Gucci isn't trashy either but it has that decadent sex appeal.

That watch is okay, and is very much in signature Hermes style. However I find that Hermes' things are fairly boring most of the time. Of course being designed by Margiela doesn't help the label become dramatic.

Personally I like Roger Dubuis' watches, and vintage Pateks.

Charles Baudelaire
30-12-2003
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Dec 4th, 2003 - 5:40 am
best dressed in the party, Arden Hess

What a beautiful woman! Please pass that along

30-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

I like some of Ventura's watches...the antithesis of Hermes.

windowshopping

oh god.. no watch is worth that much!!!!

01-01-2004
front row

For that amount of money I would rather buy a Patek Philippe or a Franck Muller watch. The Hermes watch looks very subtle and classic, more something my dad would like to wear.

13-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:54 pm
...walk into DIOr and you will feel trashy (no offense to anyone, but you see the difference)...
*giggles*

I agree, however I'm not too sure how Christian himself would feel about what John's "done" to the label. I love it, though, and even though some of it is definitely trashy, it is still gorgeous (to me anyway), and John always seems to redeem himself with something classy, elegant and gorgeous to offset the trash. Just look at the new "classier" Spring collection pieces coming out! Gorgeous evening gowns and handbags and such... as apposed to the BDSM wear from last season (even though it was great! ;D)

14-01-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

John has done more than anyone to revive couture techniques of tailoring and dressmaking and bring them into non-couture collections...how many of the supposedly 'classy' designers have done anything for actual tailoring and dressmaking techniques...

gromosexual

for that price, I'd rather buy a Roger Dubuis

21-01-2004
V.I.P.

Or even better, a small car

21-01-2004
backstage pass

i'd still rather bid for a nice antique cushion cut diamond ring on Sotheby's for that price tag. I may not get a big diamond ring for the price, but im sure the diamond ring won't break like a watch would-- Hermes or not!

trendsetter

Hermes Watches
I was reading in Town and Country that Hermes is re-releasing its Arceau watch. I can imagine wearing it alongside or over a twilly scarf. Its really quite simple, but I feel it has a certain je ne sais quoi. Im quite tempted to get it actually.. I would be really interested in hearing some opinions....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hermès, watches