How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2008
trendsetter

My friend once went to true religion factory and saw how those jeans were made. Their cost is about $70 (considering labor is expensive).. you can always get them for really cheap at smartbargains.com and babybluestar got a pair of R&R and she said it does seem to be a bit tight.

10-07-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavHasitAll! View Post
For anyone who has purchased any jeans from any supplier (ie. TRuE RELIGION, R&R etc.)

I have been considering them. DO they run true to size????? Anybody's experiences will do.
I have gotten Ed Hardy & True Religion -- the Ed Hardy seemed more true to fit than the TR but sizes are inconsistent so who knows.

FWIW, I ordered from C and I asked her to measure the waistband to get some sense.

My advice for jeans is the same as for shoes -- if you are pretty easy to fit, it should be no problem. If you have to try on lots of different jeans (or shoes), then probably no.

On the other hand, they are relatively cheap so if something didn't work out, maybe you have a friend or a housekeeper? Also, a jean that is a little big in the waistband can be taken in.

10-07-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulabee View Post
I have gotten Ed Hardy & True Religion -- the Ed Hardy seemed more true to fit than the TR but sizes are inconsistent so who knows.

FWIW, I ordered from C and I asked her to measure the waistband to get some sense.

My advice for jeans is the same as for shoes -- if you are pretty easy to fit, it should be no problem. If you have to try on lots of different jeans (or shoes), then probably no.

On the other hand, they are relatively cheap so if something didn't work out, maybe you have a friend or a housekeeper? Also, a jean that is a little big in the waistband can be taken in.

Great..

See, I am usually a 26, sometimes 27. I have never purchased any rep jeans. I am generally into Paige, Habitual and People's Liberation of which I have never seen reps.

Now, I am starting to want a pair of TR's, but I am so not sure about fit. Some say they run big while others have said they run small.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaligurl80 View Post
My friend once went to true religion factory and saw how those jeans were made. Their cost is about $70 (considering labor is expensive).. you can always get them for really cheap at smartbargains.com and babybluestar got a pair of R&R and she said it does seem to be a bit tight.

Now for me, the tighter the better. LOL.

No, but I do like a snug jean that fits. Also, one where I have length options. All of my denim is generally taken to tailor because they are always too long in the premiums.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavHasitAll! View Post
Great..

See, I am usually a 26, sometimes 27. I have never purchased any rep jeans. I am generally into Paige, Habitual and People's Liberation of which I have never seen reps.

Now, I am starting to want a pair of TR's, but I am so not sure about fit. Some say they run big while others have said they run small.
I'm always a 27 on TR and I go easy on the fit. I could probably fit on a 26 -and once fit in a 25 TR I had to return a week later because the stitching on the A$$ fell off while i was on a trip in PARIS!! can you believe that??? it wasn't even tight!!!- but would have to wear it for weeks till i felt comfortable wearing tight jeans. I wear a 28 on paige petite (which by the way, are a great fit and my favorite, and great for not tailoring.. I always tailor mine too) petite's are always a bit smaller, and this one fits snug, but not tight, and I don't think I can go a size lower on that.conclusion, a 27 should be fine. (since I think we're about the same size lol)btw, how much do these go for? I might want to try a pair as well.. I spent too much on jeans already!!!but this is all on the "auth" jeans.. you should go for a 27 and try them..

10-07-2008
front row

Quote:
I'm always a 27 on TR and I go easy on the fit. I could probably fit on a 26 -and once fit in a 25 TR I had to return a week later because the stitching on the A$$ fell off while i was on a trip in PARIS!! can you believe that??? it wasn't even tight!!!- but would have to wear it for weeks till i felt comfortable wearing tight jeans. I wear a 28 on paige petite (which by the way, are a great fit and my favorite, and great for not tailoring.. I always tailor mine too) petite's are always a bit smaller, and this one fits snug, but not tight, and I don't think I can go a size lower on that.conclusion, a 27 should be fine. (since I think we're about the same size lol)btw, how much do these go for? I might want to try a pair as well.. I spent too much on jeans already!!!but this is all on the "auth" jeans.. you should go for a 27 and try them..

We do seem to be the same size. I like the curvy look. (Must be the mixed heritage in me. LOL!!!)

But, Habitual's run retail $200. I love Habitual. It's so exclusive and unheard of almost everywhere.

I will try a 27 in the replica TR's. I was going to get mine from Eddy (onlyzilla.)

trendsetter

btw, who sells them?

10-07-2008
front row

Quote:
btw, who sells them?

I can get my Habitual's here in OH at Nordstrom, now. Also, we have a store in my family, Style Lounge (If you live in the NE Ohio Area, check it out. All premium denim and we serve wine. Where the catwalk meets the sidewalk. ---- I know, so shameless.)

I believe Saks sells them, too. Bloomingdales did. So did Bergdorf.

trendsetter

thanks!! I'm checking it out.. might try one too and let u know how it compares to all of my other TRs!! (I'm a huge fan of people's liberation too.. my favorite miniskirt is from them but I dun seem to be able to find anything else I like) and as for habitual.. tried them but didnt like how my butt looked in them lol.

10-07-2008
trendsetter

sorry sorry.. i mean who sells the reps lol our conversation got mixed up somehow

10-07-2008
trendsetter

ok now i can't believe i'm thinking of ordering A&F reps too.. gosh, I'm officially 100% rep girl now lol

10-07-2008
front row

Quote:
sorry sorry.. i mean who sells the reps lol our conversation got mixed up somehow

LOL.

I am thinking of using Eddy. (Onlyzilla)

I have never tried him but he takes paypal, too.

backstage pass

javck on ioffer has some tr skinny jeans ive been considering with several different styles and some boot cut tr. i just ordered some a tiffany heart necklace and mesh ring from him. so if they seem ok i think im going to order the jeans. i already own auth. tr so im dying to see how they compare

10-07-2008
backstage pass

just placed an order with eddy on onlyzilla- he seems nice

11-07-2008
trendsetter

I didn't get a response from him and now I desperately feel the NEED to get a pair of sunglasses!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accessories, ioffer, lushfashionscom