How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleybean View Post
Like, thanks pinkdolphin. You are such an enabler. Now I have to go look at watches. Like I don't have enough stuff to drool over already! Now I'm gonna have to create a separate page on my spreadsheet for watches. Geesh! I know you mentioned the site you bought your watch from, but is there a name associated with it? It's not Josh I presume. If that tt88 guy is Andrew, I don't think his stuff is very expensive at all. Well, I have only looked at two brands so far. I guess it really depends on whether or not you get the Japanese or Swiss movement. I don't really understand the difference except that judging by the price difference, the Swiss must be far better. Even still, at $298 it is expensive, but that's what a decent Seiko costs. Much like our beloved bags, if you're going to get lots of wear out of it and it lasts you for several years, it's not really that bad.
I will say that I have have been as satisfied with Japanese movement as Swiss movement and it's a much better price. However, now that I'm much more interested in wearing watches for men, the prices has gone up quite a bit. I have purchased a few watches with 21J movement and depending on the model of the watch, it's just as good for a much better price. I really need to get a new white Chanel....must go look at the other forum now.....

19-07-2009
front row

Geez, I just don't think I have the patience for the watch thing...
I got my watch but they sent me the wrong size so I had to send it back.
I'm terrified it's not going to get there and I'll lose money. Handbags is a breeze compared to watches...cs from Catty or T&D is on a completely different level from the watch sellers.
It seems to be more down to luck than anything with the movements.
Quartz seems to be ultra reliable but is not really spoken of much on the forums.
Even though the cheap 21J automatic movement is often quick to die, it seems you can be lucky and get one that will run for years (from what I've read). The asian eta clone movement is much more expensive but seems to be a better bet for longevity, but not always....arhhhh!!!
I agree with the cost thing - ladies' reps are so much cheaper than the mens, but I'm liking the mens more too!!!
I've heard good things about Ruby - her prices are very reasonable but I've also heard that she can take ages to reply to emails.

19-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdolphin View Post
Geez, I just don't think I have the patience for the watch thing...
I got my watch but they sent me the wrong size so I had to send it back.
I'm terrified it's not going to get there and I'll lose money. Handbags is a breeze compared to watches...cs from Catty or T&D is on a completely different level from the watch sellers.
It seems to be more down to luck than anything with the movements.
Quartz seems to be ultra reliable but is not really spoken of much on the forums.
Even though the cheap 21J automatic movement is often quick to die, it seems you can be lucky and get one that will run for years (from what I've read). The asian eta clone movement is much more expensive but seems to be a better bet for longevity, but not always....arhhhh!!!
I agree with the cost thing - ladies' reps are so much cheaper than the mens, but I'm liking the mens more too!!!
I've heard good things about Ruby - her prices are very reasonable but I've also heard that she can take ages to reply to emails.
You are exactly right. I started over in the watch forums before coming here. Dealing with the dealers talked about here is soooo much easier. For the watches it's generally at your own risk. I've had movement die very quickly and others last forever. My eta clone died within days of receiving it from Andrew. I guess the key is to be prepared and to have a good watch repairman on standby. And since I only wear the mens watches now, the pieces are more accurate to the gen, but so much more expensive!
I do like Ruby, but yes, you have to be so patient. T&D at least reply to the emails quickly even if they take forever to send. King is another good dealer (other than the big guys) but her English is so terrible and I think she uses a computer translator that makes communication tough. But there's a relatively new dealer that I like that's actually located in Singapore or Thailand or somewhere not China, I think, and their prices are good and communication decent. I ordered one time from them and very happy with the watch and the mail time. Next order I will try them again. PM if you're interested in their name.

22-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsnow View Post
Anyway, these are the other three accesories

1) Juicy bracelet. It's very plasticky, and the charms are not well engraved. Definitely don't recommend it.

2) Long pearl strand chanel necklace with just the black CCs
Looks good, although the pearls are far too shiny. But as a whole, not too bad

3) Double layer chanel necklace with multiple charms
The pearls are off white. But the charms look rather fake.. much like the bracelet. So I don't recommend this either.

Stick to her shoes! Oh have you seen her new things? She has the bow miu miu flats, and the new LV flats too. Anyone thinking of getting them??? I need reviews before my next shipment

pics by me
I know this was posted a bit back but thanks so much for the info, i was super tempted by those items on cattys page, not so much now!! thanks for the heads up!!

22-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm07 View Post
marya-a, I sent you PM with Chanel seller
Can i be really annoying and ask for that seller too?please! i'm trying to find a pair before i go away on my hols!! Thank you!

22-07-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimear.style View Post
Can i be really annoying and ask for that seller too?please! i'm trying to find a pair before i go away on my hols!! Thank you!
Me too please if you don't mind.

Many TIA

27-07-2009
tfs star

pinkdolphin: Sorry for the late response!! I have the men's J12. I'm more into men's watches as I hate the way delicate watches look. I want mine to be a statement piece. I just had the extra links taken out at a little watch repair at Sears! $10 and it's perfect! I got mine from Josh and he's fantastic. Also, Ruby had been ill and I think that was the reason when she wasn't responding. She has lower prices than Josh but you don't get the box. And she has a "super" J12 that's $500 but supposedly it's perfection. I'd prob get it someday...but I'm really happy with Josh's for now! I no longer have Josh's info though so sorry, I'm no help with that.

27-07-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsnow View Post
alright ladies. after the fabulous experience with the chanel flats, i'm seriously hankering after more shoes! why are there so few rep women's shoes available? besides catty and jacky and a few other sites recommended from the repgeek site (mostly men's stuff), are there any more???

Anyway, since the ferragamo is a no no (thanks again valkyrie you've definitely saved me heartache ), what do you ladies think of these these two guccis?

pics from catty

hunnie I have the auth for the gucci flats and that color is a bit off. lu****bgcn has the correct rep IMO

28-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimear.style View Post
I know this was posted a bit back but thanks so much for the info, i was super tempted by those items on cattys page, not so much now!! thanks for the heads up!!
no probs, oh but her ceramic stuff isn't bad.

and socaligurl what would i do without you babe? yet another thing to add to my list

12-08-2009
front row

anyone for the hermes collier de chien or the clic clac?

i know someone said in the other thread that her clic clac isn't bad but i'm wondering whether either of these will pass for gen cos they're gorgeous!!!!!!!

16-08-2009
front row

bump bump bump

anyone bought any chanel ultra jewelry before? you know the white or black ceramic stuff that looks like the j12? any recommendations pretty pls???

16-08-2009
front row

I'm looking for good reps of the YSL Y Mail wallets, anyone know of any??

16-08-2009
front row

Quote:
Anyway, since the ferragamo is a no no (thanks again valkyrie you've definitely saved me heartache ), what do you ladies think of these these two guccis?
the one at catty?? why is it no?? i was planning on getting a pair from her but after i read that now i'm having a second thought.....
has anyone got the ferragamo flats ?

16-08-2009
backstage pass

devon - I have not seen a rep of this anywhere.
totah - I think there was some talk that the size of the metal piece where the bow attaches on the top of the shoe was too big. Not sure if Catty has had new Ferragamos since then or changed them. (I want them too)

front row

u know i'll try 2 ask her about that and i'll let u know
and thanx for ur reply sweeti

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accessories, ioffer, lushfashionscom