How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2009
front row

who says its hundreds?

21-09-2009
front row

OOOH I am sorry I meant people buying the real deal like chanel jewelry.

25-09-2009
front row

I got some more Hermes scarves from various sources, with varying results. These four are from burning521 on iOffer; they shipped a bit slowly, but were very friendly and prompt to reply and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Springs

This one is very pretty, but the edges are rolled toward the back, which is incorrect. They are well sewn, however. It should have the title and Hermes Paris in the centre but doesn't; however, I believe that other than that the design is correct. It arrived folded incorrectly.

Title unkown - pocket watches

The silk on this one is less nice than my others from this seller, and once again, the edges are rolled toward the back. The design is very pretty and well-printed, but as I can't find a picture of the authentic scarf, I don't know about its accuracy.

Soiree de Gala

A beautiful scarf - it is missing the Hermes Paris which should be printed at the bottom near a corner. Edges rolled to the back. Outstanding fabric and printing - photo-accurate as far as I can tell apart from the lack of "Hermes Paris."

La Promenade de Longchamps

Another really gorgeous scarf. It should have a plaque like the one with the title with "Hermes Paris," but besides that and the edges, it's wonderful.
----------------------------------------------------------
These two are from www.exacthandbag.com. I would not buy from them again; they say that EMS shipping comes free, so their prices are higher than other places, but they shipped mine via First Class mail instead. Communication wasn't great. They do, however, have some hard-to-find designs.

Title unkown - carriages

A very pretty pattern (it makes me think of Cinderella), and I haven't been able to find a photo of the authentic scarf, but it does have some problems. The silk is too silky and slippery (I know that this is frequently a problem with Italian fakes), and it also has a shine that it shouldn't have. The edges are machine-sewn and obviously incorrect.

Fantasies Indiennes

Fabulous, vivid colours and photo-realistic printing with lots of detail. Once again, edges are rolled to the back and are sloppily sewn in places, but I am very happy with this scarf. The silk twill is slightly coarser than some of my others, but not owning an authentic scarf, I can't tell if that's correct or not.
----------------------------------------------------------
And, finally, this one came from fyongvv on iOffer; it was a perfectly smooth transaction.

La Treve de l'Eau

My favourite of this haul by far. I can't even tell you how beautiful this design is (although the artist took some serious license here, since these animals are from all over the world). Printing is absolutely spot-on. The colours are slightly more... garish than the authentic scarf. I think this is only something you'd notice in comparison; you'd never look at this scarf and say, "Wow, those colours are garish." The fabric is excellent and the edges are neat, but rolled to the back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In summation, I believe that the "Chasse en Inde" from Eric is the closest to perfect, but these are all older designs, and I don't think there are multiple versions of scarves, so I think if you want the older designs, you have to deal with imperfect replicas. I suspect that the other 2009 reps that Eric and others carry are just as great as Chasse en Inde, and presumably the 2010 reps will be great too...

26-09-2009
backstage pass

diormouse: Great haul! What do you think of Jacky's hermes scarves?

27-09-2009
front row

diormouse: OMG what a beautiful scarves! <3 I would like to buy one for my mum like xmas present.. are they expensive?

Last edited by giggetta; 27-09-2009 at 01:11 PM.
27-09-2009
front row

mad, Jacky has a very limited selection but I think the designs he has are exactly the same as Eric's (and everyone else's). I don't think that there are multiple versions of the same designs - I think that if one design is done well, it doesn't matter where you get it, it will be the same.

giggetta, most places the scarves are about $30 each.

27-09-2009
front row

OMG I love the tiger one.

those are beautiful

30-09-2009
backstage pass

diormouse; I know you said Eric had the closest to perfect scarves you had seen.... I just wanted to point out that my Hermes Attrape tes Reves scarf from him has the edges rolled towards the front as they should be.

front row

beautiful scarves! looking at these scarves reminds me of the book i recently read, Bringing Home the Birkin by Michael Tonello (you gals probably know all about it)

07-10-2009
windowshopping

Anyone know where I could get a really nice jacket? Like a gucci rep leather jacket? Can you PM me the info? By the way, im new! I love this site!

20-10-2009
front row

Order from Catty
Big Heart Necklace from Elsa Peretti Collection
tiffany cuore.jpg

Apple Necklace + Earring from Elsa Peretti Collection
tiffany mela.jpg tiffany mele.jpg
Present for my friend. I think the necklace isn't spot on.. btw I like it.

Hermes Scarf
hermes.jpg hermes scarf carrozze.jpg
Present for my mum.

Lv scarf
lv scarf viola.jpg
This is a present from Catty as she says on her website: one free gift with any order in october!
I'll give to a friend of mine since I don't really like it and have no idea of how to wear!!

All pics by me

21-10-2009
tfs star

i'm going gaga over eddie borgo accessories, i wonder if there's a replica of them?

23-10-2009
rising star

Can someone pm me the information of Catty, Josh, and Eric.
Thanks so much!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyo View Post
Can someone pm me the information of Catty, Josh, and Eric.
Thanks so much!
Me to please

25-10-2009
tfs star

can anyone kindly PM me Eric's info? TIA!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accessories, ioffer, lushfashionscom