How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO - The teenage hacker who managed to unlock the iPhone so that it can be used with cellular networks other than AT&T will be trading his reworked gadget for a new car.
My friend's kid brother, a 12 year old, did the same thing too... and now he can use the phone any network and around the world.
God he's so smart.

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

Very nice report Ciao Bella

My phone just rings.. but I've been thinking more and more of something that can merge my professional and personal calendars. The feedback is very helpful - thanks to all of you!

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

I'm thinking of getting this when 2nd generation hits.

windowshopping

i love mine xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphonesparklyyy.jpg (96.9 KB, 10 views)

23-10-2007
Livin' & Lovin' in Oz...

Checking back in.. I have had my iPhone for one week and LOVE it! I bought my pretty new pink suede/leather case from apple.com...ring tone is set on 'new shoes' by Paolo Nuttini and I am as happy as a clam

(personal photo)

Last edited by Ciao Bella; 23-10-2007 at 08:53 PM.
24-10-2007
front row

Wow, i'm so jealous of you guys.

I'll wait until we switch to AT&T. Please give more feedbacks, thanks.

leave me with your Borneo

is everyone loving their iPhones? i really want one! i don't talk a lot on my phone (probably less than 100 anytime minutes and around 500-600 night/weekend minutes per month) but i'm moving to Chicago soon and i think a lot of the features (especially turn by turn maps and business location searches) would be nice for someone who doesn't know where anything is in a new city!

i'm not too concerned about the one time cost of the phone itself but more with the monthly cost of the plan and two-year agreement. i could definitely get by with the most minimal plan, since the only difference i can see between the various plans is the number of anytime talk minutes. iPhone owners, what has your experience with this been?

front row

this is what sold me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LSPMigfbZY

Last edited by maiden voyage; 13-11-2007 at 01:30 AM.
25-12-2007
front row

1. Is there any features of an ipod touch the iphone doesnt have?
2. Iphones can't go with Verizon ?!
3. If i don't have an AT&T plan (phone service, internet...), can i still use the other i-phone's features ?!! (Ipod, wireless, camera... )
4. So i've heard the i-phone broke down easily no ?!
5. Ipod touch vs. Iphone. which one you like better?

Last edited by The Joker; 25-12-2007 at 04:29 AM.
25-12-2007
All that Glitters is Gold

I thought the pricing was outrageous so I didn't get one, and didn't expect to get one, but then they just had to knock $200 off of it! I got one and it's my absolute favorite phone... ever. I absolutely hate AT&T (I find myself getting "no service" more than I have on any other phone... ever) but I love the phone so much! It sucks.

To answer some of the above posts questions: I've dropped my phone twice and it has only gotten a few dinks in the aluminum which is, naturally, easy to dink. Other than that it has never broken on me. I'm not sure where you got that idea from. It's actually so sleek I find it sliding everywhere when I drop it instead of hitting, bouncing, and breaking like other phones.

The iPhone is exclusive with AT&T. Apple signed (unfortunately) a 5 year contract with them. I'm hoping they'll branch out in the next few years and pop up with other carriers with slight cosmetic differences (just like BB does).

The iPhone and iPod touch are completely different... one's a phone, one's an iPod. Which do you want? It would be ridiculous to buy a phone if you don't use it as a phone, so if you're looking for an iPod, get the touch. I've played with the iPod Touch and it's exactly like the iPhone only slimmer and lacking the phone features.

If you buy the iPhone and don't set it up for AT&T, I'm fairly certain you can still play with the phone. The only thing that won't work is the browser (you'll have to use it like a wifi browser) and the phone features. Just get an iTouch though. Seriously, it's silly to get an iPhone now if you don't want a phone!

I think the iPhone pretty much has everything the iTouch has. The iTouch may have a few games (I really don't remember and don't feel like going to Apple's website to read) becuase all the iPods had games in them, but that's about it.

Last edited by Gwen; 25-12-2007 at 05:45 PM.
25-12-2007

these sound wonderful but i'm holding out for a 2nd generation iPhone. has anyone heard anything about one coming out anytime soon? although i suppose if that were the case it would be bigbig news.

front row

Thanks Gwen. I'm using Verizon and unlikely to switch to AT&T any time soon. I know a few stores that can unlock your iphone so you can use it under any phone services like verizon, cingular... (Shhh) and it only costs you 30 bucks. But i think i need a double check on this... Anyway, about the ipod touch, they're both $300 and the iphone has everything the ipod touch has (right?) . It's just that the Ipod has a bigger storage but 4GB is enough for me. But hey, iphone doesn't feature any games !?!

V.I.P.

Quote:
The iPhone is exclusive with AT&T. Apple signed (unfortunately) a 5 year contract with them.
Actually if you know enough, I'm told that you can re-program the iPhone yourself and make it fit with any phone company... which was what my uncle did. Or you can take it to a computer hardware store and get it re-programmed there.

I'm thinking of getting one for my mom for her birthday in January.

rising star

i'm hating mine! total waste

26-12-2007

oh no! could you elaborate a bit?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
iphone