How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2010
V.I.P.

Well I'm not into gadgets, nor do I read that site, ever. So I haven't got any clue about how 'reliable' he is.

Anyway.. the design seems nice.

21-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien View Post
Vouge28: did you expect some sort of Mission Impossible scenario where someone breaks into the Apple labs to nab the next gen iphone.
i could just pictures steve jobs as some sort of Evil genius trying to stop the thieves.

the follow up, how it was lost : http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple...he-next-iphone

it's a prototype. someone lost it, ended up in the black market, later giz got their greedy nerdy hands on it. wonder how much they payed for it.
it's a phone like any other (apart from it not being available to the market) and it's bound to be misplaced eventually. i've never lost my iPhone, but i have some friends that go through 2 or 3 a year!

Jaydotcee: yes june. i wonder how fast it will take them to jailbreak it this time.
Gizmodo paid $5k and now Apple getting the phone back.

The only thing that is stopping be from getting an iPhone, that it is not factory unlocked. I don't feel like spending $1100 to get one from an online phone store.

25-04-2010
V.I.P.

Seems that Gray Powell took one German beer too much, didn't he?

26-04-2010
backstage pass

Hmm. My previous post apparently got moved to the iPad thread, even though I thought most of it really had to do more with the iPhone than the iPad. So anyway, I'll just reiterate my purely iPhone-related question here as it's something I'm not likely to get an answer to in the iPad thread.

So does anyone know if the upcoming iPhone OS 4 will finally(!) allow changing the ringtone and text message alert more freely than atm? I've been able to make and use my own, custom ringtones via a workaround, but e.g. changing the SMS alert to a custom-made sound isn't at all possible atm without jailbreaking the phone, while using iTunes to convert purchased music to ringtones hasn't at all worked for me here in Finland.

I'd love to have those features, but at the same time I'd really rather not jailbreak my phone. It's too technical and is only begging for trouble when your phone craps up. Which it is likely to.

26-04-2010
backstage pass

update on the whole next gen iPhone fiasco.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201004...s/ynews_ts1791

wow. don't feck with apple.

Thecheekycritic: that's wasn't mentioned on the list of updates.
i honestly wouldn't bet on it. i don't think you will need to jailbrake your phone though, there should be an app for that...

my current SMS, a Final Fantasy Battle theme (Jenova)
and the ringtone is the Victory Fanfare Tune from FF VII

i'm such a geek.

27-04-2010
trendsetter

I don't feel sorry for him. I hated him anyway. Kind of an annoying person.

fashion insider

I really hope the new iPhone will be available for T-Mobile.. otherwise I'm finally switching to ATT!

06-05-2010
backstage pass

Steve Jobs, MY iPHONE NEEDS JAVA. I'm just sayin'.

On another note, I find it incredibly annoying that some of the new OS 4 features won't work on my iPhone 3G, only the newer 3GS models. New stuff such as multitasking, a pure software solution, have been deliberately limited to only work in 3GS. Stuff like this really makes me feel as if I was kinda cheated into having bought the phone in the first place.

Last edited by TheCheekyCritic; 06-05-2010 at 09:21 AM.
08-05-2010
V.I.P.

I've been thinking about getting an IPhone and was wondering about the quality of their network? Do they get good service?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheekyCritic View Post

On another note, I find it incredibly annoying that some of the new OS 4 features won't work on my iPhone 3G, only the newer 3GS models. New stuff such as multitasking, a pure software solution, have been deliberately limited to only work in 3GS. Stuff like this really makes me feel as if I was kinda cheated into having bought the phone in the first place.
EXACTLY!! It kinda makes me think i should've stayed in the blackberry family . I still like my iphone, but there's times when i think that.

08-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheekyCritic View Post

yes it is for sure a pure software solution.
But personaly (and i m a simple G3 owner...) i think it is probably justified.
the multistask will need much more processor performance to work well, and if you use apps which needs power, and if you have exeprerinced them on a 3G and a 3GS, there is really a big gap in performance which might make the multitasking not very effectiv on the 3G.

But, it will probably be possible to swicth for a S for cheap as soon as the 4G will be out.
it seems it will be some plan to put the s at 99$ at that moment.

08-05-2010
backstage pass

^ Surely, there is likely a difference in performance between 3G and 3GS (I haven't tried the latter, so I don't know), but I do find it extremely suspect that 3G users are not allowed to come to the same conclusion on their own, and on the basis of that go ahead and upgrade to 3GS. In this respect, I feel like this is a rather shameless, if regrettably common way to exclude users with older models, and a trend they're likely to keep up with. Next us 3G users will probably be excluded from further OS updates altogether, in the vein of Microsoft as they gradually stop updating their older OS's with each new release.

And why this makes me even more angry is that e.g. here in Finland the iPhone is bound to a compulsory and expensive two-year mobile carrier deal with Sonera, which I can't wriggle out of for another 8 months. And when I finally can, if I want to upgrade to a newer phone I'm likely to have to make that same, expensive-as-feck two-year contract again. I can imagine the situation is the same in many other a country as well.

Ka-ching!

13-05-2010
rising star

I wish the IPhone was available for verizon customers. AT&T and T Mobile all have the best looking phones and Verizons are just mediocre..it certainly would make me beyond happy if IPhone somehow decided to stick with both AT&T and Verizon.

07-06-2010
catch me if you can

Ok so preorders for iphone 4 start on June 15 and the phone is released on the 24th of June. The 32G is $299. A massive drop in price compared to previous releases.

More info here from today's conference:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/s...west&refresh=0

front row

At least its coming to Canada at the end of July. Gives me enough time to put money together.

I can't wait for the factory unlocked version to be on Pure Mobile

This should be my new phone for the next 6 months or so.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
iphone