How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2012
fashion insider

I don't think it's much of an upgrade from the 4S at all. And in terms of appearance, it looks like a Kindle, no?

14-09-2012
trendsetter

Not too excited for the iPhone 5 either, mainly because there isn't much of an impactful upgrade from the 4S. But I'll have to get it anyway, since I'm due for an upgrade and my current 4 has been through hell and back with shattered screen and non-working home button. I'm going to cry if they come out with a 5S or something next year.

14-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_attak View Post
I'm going to cry if they come out with a 5S or something next year.
they will, as it is updated regularly every year since the first was launched

14-09-2012
backstage pass

Seriously, I'd rather buy a Samsung Note 2, not a fan of the new iPhone, I've waited for the 5th iPhone ever since 4S was lunched and it turned such a disappointment.

Last edited by Niusity; 14-09-2012 at 08:45 AM.
15-09-2012
fashion icon

Exterior-wise, I think the Samsung Galaxy phones are very sleek and sophisticated-looking.
But graphics-wise or user interface-wise, I will probably be a diehard Apple fan.
My dad got me my 1st iPhone in 2009, and since then, I've never gotten a different brand. Even though the improvements with each new version can be disappointing at times, I just find that there is no experience quite like using the iPhone.

V.I.P.

I'm not excited about the new Iphone AT ALL...it's just a bigger 4s if you ask me...yeah ok it's slightly faster and have a slighty better camera but there's no big improvment

fashion insider

My friend says she's going to buy the 4S, lol. She was waiting for the 5 but the 4S looks nicer and the 5 doesn't have any real upgrades.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicandcool View Post
But graphics-wise or user interface-wise, I will probably be a diehard Apple fan.
With different system updates (and there are quite a lot tbh) which includes new icons and more, Samsung's graphic is much better and more modern, iPhone never updates it. At first I liked it, but now it looks like a toy to me.

And I am a big Apple fan but iPhone just doesn't attracts me.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 15-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.
15-09-2012
Riot Bug

might be the only one excited 'bout the iphone 5 here?
I do see interesting changes myself! & I'm not such fan of smart phones I was either to get a dumb phone or an iphone now... might be more attractive the prize of the 4S but I got pretty excited to check the 5 out and make my own impression of it...

backstage pass

i will probably take the 5 too, even if the 4S i have is doing the job very well.
The 5 seems really more powerfull which can be good, and also the fact is so thin seems cool too.

Also, everytime i had to use an android phone, i truly thought the OS was less good than Ios, so even if one day samsung makes a phone which would look good to me, the fact it runs Android will make that i think i will still stay far from it.

16-09-2012
V.I.P.

I'm forgetting about the iOS 6 software update. On one hand, I'm excited to have the new software downloaded onto my iPhone 4. But then again, the update makes the phone just like the iPhone 5. So when it comes to actually getting the new phone (which I'll be asking for come November), I won't notice that much of a change. Aside from the obvious scale of the phone and camera etc. The camera has been advanced, right?

fashion icon

I get an upgrade on Saturday and def want an iPhone...do I get the 4 or the 5?

09-12-2012
V.I.P.

The 5, the 5 ! My parents got me a one for my birthday last week and I just love it. I had the iPhone 4 and to be honest I feel like iPhone 5 is a total new phone. I have read numerous reviews that state they're similar. But I have found the complete opposite. It's so thin and lightweight to hold. It has a definite recommendation from me.

fashion icon

^Thank you lovely. My boyfriend has a 4 and he absolutely loves it. I have held a 5 (lost property at work) and remember it being very very thin,especially in comparison to the 4. I am a little scared that I will break it!

09-12-2012
V.I.P.

You're most welcome. I loved the iPhone 4 also, I still do, but I just wanted a nice new phone and the 5 was that. There's quite a difference between the 4 and 5. I remember reading a comparison online between the 4, 4S and 5, I was surprised at the difference.

I'm always scared to hold a new iPhone, but that's nothing a good screen protector and case won't solve. My 4 had a life of protection and doesn't have one single scratch or scruff, it has been dropped a fair few times. I have a case and screen protector on the 5 now and still feels lightweight. I'm typing this comment on it now and it's just so nice to hold too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
iphone