How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2007
Of too many minds

^I think where you live definitely makes a difference on your cell phone reception.
I'm with Cingular and reception is go where I live. But once I drive up to the mountains or certain "blind spots" in my area, I do lose reception and get no service at all.

Anyway, I was just thinking if the iPhone came in colours(much like the iPod nano) - it'll be great!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

12-01-2007
V.I.P.

watch this... all the models will be sporting the iPhone backstage for the spring collection (fashion show)

12-01-2007
backstage pass

Oh god! It's amazing!

12-01-2007
V.I.P.

I like the look of it, but it seems too complicated for a phone. There might be a lot of problems you don't have to worry about on a normal cell phone: only 4 gigabytes of storage for music and videos, slow loading time, shortened battery life, large monthly charges for all of its features, and so on.

Though it is pretty to look at, I'd much prefer a simpler phone from Apple.

12-01-2007
backstage pass

Another Lawsuit for Apple?

Compare the samsung LG phone (which was a prototype for the PRADA phone) to the apple iphone. The samsung phone on the right already won the "International forum design Award for 2007" in 2006.

engadget.com

Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphone-vs-ke850-wm.jpg (69.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg iphone-vs-ke850-2-wm.jpg (69.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 12.20.06---prada-phone.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Allius; 12-01-2007 at 11:32 PM.
13-01-2007
trendsetter

Umm, so it's bad that it's only coming to Asia in 2008.

Still, I can't help but think ... the phones in Asia are 'power-packed'! Can iphone compete? I so want this phone badly because I'm a huge Apple fan. And I'm willing to wait but err... did I miss it or does this phone not have 3G capabilities? Where most Asian phones are going 3G, iphone seems like a step back in technology.

Of too many minds

^This version of the iPhone does not have 3G capabilities, but in his keynotes Steve Jobs did mention coming up with a 3G iPhone for future releases.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
13-01-2007
V.I.P.

whats 3g?

13-01-2007
princely

3G from Wikipedia

Quote:
3G (or 3-G) is short for third-generation technology. It is used in the context of mobile phone standards. The services associated with 3G provide the ability to transfer simultaneously both voice data (a telephone call) and non-voice data (such as downloading information, exchanging email, and instant messaging). In marketing 3G services, video telephony has often been used as the killer application for 3G.

The most significant features offered by third generation (3G) mobile technologies are the momentous capacity and broadband capabilities to support greater numbers of voice and data customers - especially in urban centres - plus higher data rates at lower incremental cost than 2G.

13-01-2007
V.I.P.

does any one know when it comes out in Australia?

13-01-2007
trendsetter

my bf told me about iphone a few days ago. it's a must-have for us. it think it's perfect since my contract is ending in june. it should be out by then right? i hope so ..

13-01-2007
front row

Haha it seems really nice. But I'm not spending $500 on a new phone... LMAO. I love my phoneee already anyways. <3

14-01-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

I use Cingular. It's the best service around here. I get service everywhere! I have a RAZR right now and by the time the iPhone comes out, my phone will probably be dying, so I'm going to get me one of these! They look amazing.

14-01-2007
front row

Hah, yaa and I heard that the iPhone only works with Cingular at this moment. I have verizon though, lol.

15-01-2007
backstage pass

i've been meaning to get a new ipod and a new phone, and this just happens to solve both my needs. if you haven't seen the video of the presentation, i recommend watching it to see what the phone can do.
i like it when steve jobs states

"We have invented a new technology called multi-tuch. It works like magic, you don't need a stylus, far more accurate than any interface ever shipped, it ignores touches, mutli-finger gestures, and BOY have we patented it! . . . We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them!"

no phone out there comes even close.

$499 for 4 gig
$599 for 8 gig

see you guys/gals in june

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
iphone