How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-11-2008
Lea
fashion insider

Kyoko Hashimoto Jewellery

Quote:
The Japanese-born/Australian raised jeweller is never short of varied inspiration and her latest collection is no exception; Taking influences from the shapes and colours of Art Deco, Victorian lace, 1920s Bakelite jewellery and toy model making kits through to imagery as delicate as the condensation of water droplets. Fans of irresistibly playful and feminine jewellery will fall instantly in love with the kawaii and mangaesque aesthetics in Kyoko’s jewellery which, combined with organic natural motifs, reflect the juxtaposition of a childhood spent in both Japan and the Australian outback. Crafted from hand-dyed acrylic, sterling silver, brass and wood, all of her pieces are hand finished and assembled in her studio in The Netherlands. Graduating from Sydney’s College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales in 2002, Kyoko has gone on to acquire a cult following amongst jewellery aficionados from Sydney to Shibuya to Soho, as well as a devoted worldwide fan base who regularly keep up with her latest creations on her highly popular blog. Having recently relocated from Tokyo to The Netherlands, Kyoko is once again taking influence from her immediate surroundings with her latest collection, drawing particular inspiration from the lace making traditions of the region.

modamuse

tokyobunnie

iheartluxe

beyondthevalley

Updates on her blog: http://kyokohashimoto.blogspot.com/

12-11-2008
The future is stupid

I love the playful feeling I get from this... I'm off to read her blog.

Thank you for the thread Lea

15-11-2008
tfs star

Its cute, but I always think it costs so much for plastic! And its not really that different form tatty devine et al.....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hashimoto, jewellery, kyoko