How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2009
doldrums

I have a Lenovo s10e netbook. The battery life isn't that great. It's decent I don't do much besides surfing the net, watching videos and every now and then download music. Netbooks are for basic computering needs. It also has a built in webcam it's not great the quality is mediocre.

29-06-2009
in the mood for love

I'm very happy with my toshiba... Had it for 3 years and only now it's starting to show it's age... but it works fine for now... time to start saving up for a new laptop!

doldrums

My Lenovo is 16 bit which isn't compatible with some software such zen media explorer.

11-07-2009
tfs star

I have an HP tablet and for the most part I love it, though it is not without problems. Mostly inefficient battery and vista (I absolutely hate vista). But the one thing I hate about PCs in general is that there are so many viruses and trojans, etc. I am writing this post from my bbery as I suspect that my laptop has acquired a virus. It won't boot up or go into safe mode, just a black screen and giant cursor. I've been on the fence about switching to a macbook, but my boyfriend and I are such PC loyalists, not to mention that I don't have the funds for a new laptop. Sigh, guess I'll have to restore the settings on my laptop. RIP med school notes. At least I backed up a majority of them.

12-07-2009
trendsetter

I just bought the MacBook Pro aluminum :p and i love it.
Yesterday, I didnt want to go out because of my Mac!

Its super fast. I installed MS Office for Mac on it - as I used this alot as a PC user.
I also installed VLC player which allows you to play a wider range of movie formats.
Apartt from that everything else is taken care of.

I love the fact that it has a webcam - decent one at that - and i can change the texture of photos etc

fashion icon

I have had my Dell Inspiron 1420 for three years now. It's really sturdy and reliable. And although I love it, I really want to get a Macbook aluminum.

12-07-2009
front row

I changed from the Dell that I'd had for a few years to an aluminum MacBook and I love it. My dell was getting pretty dodgy. I went back onto it recently to get some files and wow it was so slow and hard to use by comparison.

16-07-2009
windowshopping

I have a macbook. I love it so much. I've had a dell before which was so slow. I got annoyed everytime I used it. The macbook is worth every penny!

21-07-2009
fashion elite

i have a sony s series which is like 4 years old now and falling apart but i love it soo much! i am slowly starting to save up for a toshiba though i think..or at least thinking about starting to save up for one..or a macbook..or ummm oh who knows i might just end up buying shoes with my laptop money lol!

21-07-2009
V.I.P.

I've had my Sony for less than two years and had no real complains about it until about a month ago when it just stopped working. Seems the situation is hopeless too as I guess it's something wrong with the system itself and I doubt I'll be able to get it fixed. Ugh. I'm so mad. Last time I got anything Sony. So now I need to get a new laptop for school and I have no money. I think I'm gonna go with Mac this time around though even though I've been a loyal PC customer all these years.

windowshopping

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 in pink that I got last year. I'm shallow in that I got really excited that I could pick a color! I really like it, though. It's does what it needs to do. I might get an Apple one at some point, but for the past four years I've used Dell. And I like the price tag. I got all kinds of extras and it wasn't even close to $1000.

rising star

Dell makes great laptops. Great choice girls!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I've had my Sony for less than two years and had no real complains about it until about a month ago when it just stopped working. Seems the situation is hopeless too as I guess it's something wrong with the system itself and I doubt I'll be able to get it fixed. Ugh. I'm so mad. Last time I got anything Sony. So now I need to get a new laptop for school and I have no money. I think I'm gonna go with Mac this time around though even though I've been a loyal PC customer all these years.
oh that sucks...I remember when mine stopped working, i sent to their headquarters in Brussels..apparently they cant fix it here in the UK they need it sent there...and it took over A MONTH!! and i was at uni during then and lived in halls, where my laptop wasmy main form ofentertainment if i was in..had to rent one ...which ended up not even able to play dvds etc!!!probably one of the saddest months of my lifelol

22-07-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionableheart View Post
I'm shallow in that I got really excited that I could pick a color!
Me too! I got mine in white, so that it could have sort of a semblance to a Mac. Haha

25-07-2009
tfs star

since christmas i have a Dell Inspiron 1525. it has a beautiful design, and i hasnt bring me any problems atm, and my mum is a computing engeneer and she says Dell computers are the best, and as good as they are, they arent really expensive.

home.mchsi.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
laptop, netbook, thread