How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-12-2004
windowshopping

Louis Vuitton Wallets
Okay...so I read up on how to spot a fake LV handbag...but what about wallets?

Does anyone know what kind of dust bag and box should come with an authentic LV?

17-12-2004
windowshopping

Here are the items in question:

Last edited by Hipkitten; 05-12-2005 at 05:17 PM.
17-12-2004
fashion icon

Sorry if it's a stupid question, i know ebay system, but...isn't it too cheap to a real LV?

17-12-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori
Sorry if it's a stupid question, i know ebay system, but...isn't it too cheap to a real LV?
that's kind of what I figured....but, coming with a box AND Papers, made me wonder if it could in fact be authentic....that would be the smaller wallet for $50. I think I've made up my mind that the other wallet for $40 is most likely a fake.

19-12-2004
windowshopping

just a thought...
I'm not really sure of any die-hard ways to be sure if a wallet is real, I think you could use similar techniques:

1. Notice the stitching (if you can see it), etc. It should all be very neat and the monogram should line up perfectly. Check eluxury if you want a REALLY quick idea of how the monogram should fit.

2. Try to go to an LV and look at the wallets, then ask the seller (if getting off ebay) to show you more specific pictures if they can (i.e. inside the pockets to see what they are lined with).

Also, http://www.mypoupette.com/ <-- this lady (ladies?) is very good with authenticating LV's. They have some pages that show what wallets should and should not look like. Check the site out, I've found it really useful.

- Midori

20-12-2004
rising star

The lady on MyPoupette.com - you can email her the photo and she'll tell you if they are fake or not. But if it seems cheap, it's undoubtedly fake. I wouldn't buy on Ebay for an LV unless its a MyPoupette.com registered seller.

Last edited by DenimBlog; 20-12-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
louis, vuitton, wallets