How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2007
V.I.P.

There's only two auction up on ebay now, it seems.. One for the silkversion and one for the cashmere with a buy it now (1,300 $) and make offer-function, if anyone's interested. Both are the red/black ones.

21-01-2007
backstage pass

I know that British celebs like Kate Moss and Sienna were wearing these scarves, but what about American celebs? I've never seen a trash-magazine publishing pictures of American celebs wearing them and I'm pretty suprised by that, since a lot of them seem to copy Kate Moss. So I am asking the question, if American celebrities haven't already jumped on this bandwagon, what do you think is going to happen when they try, and all the scarves are gone? Do you think it will just bypass American pop-culture? I have to say I kind of hope it does.

trendsetter

^come to think of it, i haven't seen any pics of american celebs wearing them. i've seen only pics of kate, sienna, keira, and thandie- all brits.

trendsetter

Well, kisa maybe they have tried and can't get hold of them? How funny to think about! Louis Vuitton has already gotten the publicity they need as the scarfes are now worldwide sold out!

They don't need celebs like Nicole R. wearing them and more people asking about them as they are now interested in selling their spring stuff and this scarf is fall and long gone !

21-01-2007
backstage pass

Now that I think about it, maybe it's because they mostly live in LA. But not even an Olsen twin? They're from NYC aren't they? Just found this snippet of an article from The Observer I think is funny.

ETA: just_me yeah that's true! I guess fall is over, but winter pretty much just started here. Fashion seasons are so easy to forget about.

Sunday October 8, 2006
The Observer

The look? Leopard print
Who's pushing it?
Louis Vuitton, where the silk-cashmere Leopard scarf, originally designed in 2000 by artist Stephen Sprouse, is the dynamite buy of the season. As Marc Jacobs himself put it, 'The moment we pulled out the leopard-print scarf, all we could see was the perfection.'
Who's nailed it?
Sienna Miller (she's wearing it as a head scarf); Kate Moss (she's wearing it as a coat). Why wear it? Get it right and the effect is mildly punk, suitably urban and very cool. Just think: one little itty-bitty scarf and the season is yours!
The trick
Tame it. Too loud and this look will bite back.
The risk
Do not accessorise with a generous chest, too much scarlet lippy, earrings which jangle or brassy blonde hair. Splash it all over and you'll look cheap as chips - remember, discretion is the better part of glamour.
Where to get it at a snip
Leopard mini-dress, 55, at Warehouse; animal-print scarves at Accessorise; M&S leopard faux-fur jacket, 99.
Where to wear it
While leopard prints demand to be whisked out for Drambuie cocktails in the company of a push-up bra and a tight leather skirt, this would be both foolhardy and fickle. Instead, wear your fabulously feline scarf for more pedestrian purposes. To buy stamps at the Post Office, perhaps.

(http://observer.guardian.co.uk)

Last edited by kisa; 21-01-2007 at 03:18 PM.
21-01-2007
trendsetter

It's weird the scarfes haven't been featured in that many articles, if you search the web it does not come up that much.. but still it just seem to appeal to everyone?

21-01-2007
rising star

I think they just captured a fashion moment...the heritage of Sprouse and the Vuitton name, the trend for animal prints, and it being winter the cashmere goes down pretty well too... I'm surprised too that it didn't catch on in the US.

secret garden

^I'm glad they didn't catch on in the US. We don't want another McQueen scarf situation...

That said if they aren't as popular here why are they all sold out

21-01-2007
trendsetter

not sure how many were actually made... but they were very limited. not like the mcqueens which were everywhere!

rising star

I haven't seen any mere mortals wearing them at all actually!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv Liv
I haven't seen any mere mortals wearing them at all actually!
I think you have to be a god to wear one in reality. I'm terrified of ruining mine so I don't really wear it. If I wore it to someone's house I would have to take it off, and a cat could it get or anything really! It's scary!

& b

i need a fake, I dont care.

even so, there's none on ebay

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro
i need a fake, I dont care.

even so, there's none on ebay
I saw one leopard print pashmina on ebay, but it was like leopard colours, and probably two weeks ago. That's the only thing I've seen. You could search completed items and then contact the seller, if you were interested.

Frozen irony.

I still love mine so much.

23-01-2007
V.I.P.

me too pucci

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lv, scarves, sprouse, stephen