How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
15-10-2008
  151
VSFS 2009!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 16,534
I love the design but it looks like a normal laptop now I liked the signature white Macbook!

__________________
Stam Sasha Behati Lily Siri Georgia Kim
Karlie
Morgane Coco Julia D.






  Reply With Quote
 
15-10-2008
  152
fashion insider
 
Les_Sucettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,356
They are still selling the white but do not know if it's to stay in production together with this ones or it's just stock they have, maybe they will continue and it will become something like the Ipod classic.

Well the inside to me also looks like a normal laptop but the computer in itself it's VERY Apple.

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  153
Meg
inspired contemplation
 
Meg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: London by way of North America
Gender: femme
Posts: 17,064
I think if you saw these in person, they would definitely not look like other laptops (in terms of the mousepad and such) and what sets them apart as well, is their lightness. That's what I'm most excited about. I travel a lot and take my laptop everywhere and so the ability to lug it around is essential

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  154
backstage pass
 
lesypersound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Gender: femme
Posts: 548
still overpriced...

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  155
tfs star
 
Melisande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Paris/Tokyo
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,619
I also prefer my white one, yay!

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  156
backstage pass
 
ElectricAlyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Norway
Gender: homme
Posts: 745
I think the new macbook is kind of like a designer garment - you can buy a cheap substitute, but the beauty lies in the quality, materials and most important: the details.

__________________
POUT! IT'S THE APOCALYPSE
fashionartmusicsexphotographyinspirirationyummie-tumblr
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  157
Stitch:the Hand
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Among the trees
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,978
i agree meg. perhaps because of the glossy black bit surrounding the screen it may lead one to deem it similar but i still see many attributes that are very distinguishing compared with others. most importantly,like all of their macs have been,this one is still very simple,light and unfussy in design.

i also like the fact that unlike many computers on the market these ones are made from recycled materials such as the aluminum and the glass for the trackpad. completely innovative for technology.

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  158
backstage pass
 
lesypersound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Gender: femme
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAlyce View Post
I think the new macbook is kind of like a designer garment - you can buy a cheap substitute, but the beauty lies in the quality, materials and most important: the details.
Not really. Apples are for snobs and ppl who like things that look pretty, are extraordinarily easy to use, and like to pay ppl to fix things for them (most consumers willing to spend the money). And i'm not slamming anyone--because i like things that look pretty, are streamlined, and lightweight which is why i like the 13'' macbooks...but when it comes to specs you overpay with Apple.


Last edited by lesypersound; 15-10-2008 at 04:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  159
fashion insider
 
Les_Sucettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesypersound View Post
Not really. Apples are for snobs and ppl who like things that look pretty, are extraordinarily easy to use, and like to pay ppl to fix things for them (most consumers willing to spend the money). And i'm not slamming anyone--because i like things that look pretty, are streamlined, and lightweight which is why i like the 13'' macbooks...but when it comes to specs you overpay with Apple.
That's so not true...

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  160
backstage pass
 
ElectricAlyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Norway
Gender: homme
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesypersound View Post
Not really. Apples are for snobs and ppl who like things that look pretty, are extraordinarily easy to use, and like to pay ppl to fix things for them (most consumers willing to spend the money). And i'm not slamming anyone--because i like things that look pretty, are streamlined, and lightweight which is why i like the 13'' macbooks...but when it comes to quality you overpay with Apple.
ok.
Snobs? If that means people who are willing to pay for design, quality and usability then yes...
People who like things that are pretty? Yes, both the streamlined industrial design and the streamline of OSX is a factor.
Extraordinarily easy to use? Yes please, time is money and the less time I have to spend fixing problems then that is great
Pay ppl to fix things for them? Doesn't really get that one, except hardware-issues mac issues are pretty easy to fix and you'll get great (free) help from the apple-community (hehe).

__________________
POUT! IT'S THE APOCALYPSE
fashionartmusicsexphotographyinspirirationyummie-tumblr
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  161
fashion insider
 
Les_Sucettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAlyce View Post
ok.
Snobs? If that means people who are willing to pay for design, quality and usability then yes...
People who like things that are pretty? Yes, both the streamlined industrial design and the streamline of OSX is a factor.
Extraordinarily easy to use? Yes please, time is money and the less time I have to spend fixing problems then that is great
Pay ppl to fix things for them? Doesn't really get that one, except hardware-issues mac issues are pretty easy to fix and you'll get great (free) help from the apple-community (hehe).
I agree and I actually think it's he first time in my life that someone gives as a negative reason for not buying a computer being "extraordinarily easy to use" , I also do not understand that one about fixing things, Apple computers are Known for their reliability, I still have in Working order a 10 year old Mac and I never needed to take it To the Apple Store. I guess that was one of the main reasons people give for buying a Mac.

Yes you pay for an Apple but they also do not devalued, they work with the best system in the world and as a bonus they are absolutely beautiful, I just love my computers, expensive yes, overpriced no.

And since I do not play any sort of computer games, to me they are almost flawless. I'm a total Mac evangelist.

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  162
Stitch:the Hand
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Among the trees
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,978
snob?? not really,deary. i used a pc for years,bought a ibook in 2002,modem and processer were screwed up because my phone wire was fried during a lightening storm and had to go back to a pc. i have had nothing BUT stress in the years since. can't download anything without bluescreens,crashes,stalling etc.etc. and yes,its hideous.

never in the four years i used my mac did i have any of such problems till nature decided it would take it away. okay,i'm such a snob. so what i like aesthetically pleasing objects....these things are part of our enviroments....our personalities...just the same as anything else we use on a daily basis.

also,some of us deal with stress and fuss in our other areas of life,heaven knows,we don't need it from a notebook computer.

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  163
front row
 
Miuccia79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seoul/Montreal
Gender: femme
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
snob?? not really,deary. i used a pc for years,bought a ibook in 2002,modem and processer were screwed up because my phone wire was fried during a lightening storm and had to go back to a pc. i have had nothing BUT stress in the years since. can't download anything without bluescreens,crashes,stalling etc.etc. and yes,its hideous.

never in the four years i used my mac did i have any of such problems till nature decided it would take it away. okay,i'm such a snob. so what i like aesthetically pleasing objects....these things are part of our enviroments....our personalities...just the same as anything else we use on a daily basis.

also,some of us deal with stress and fuss in our other areas of life,heaven knows,we don't need it from a notebook computer.

i agree 100%!!!!!

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  164
backstage pass
 
lesypersound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Gender: femme
Posts: 548
apparently my post wasn't as easy to understand as i expected. if you read the whole post you'd've seen that i'll probably be buying a macbook for the reasons i gave (easy of use, customer service, sleek design).
BUT really there's quite a number of ppl into mac at the moment who are trendwhores. they buy macbook pro for no reason other than it looks nice and cool (valid reasons), but a lot of those ppl also use their macs as a status symbols and love the exclusivity of 1000$+ computers and love the insinuate all sorts of things about ppl who buy pc laptops. that's what i meant by snobs (ppl who don't give a damn about specs yet preach about how cheap/tacky PC users are)--and the post above the one y'all are flaming hints at this superiority complex some mac users have which i find, frankly, really annoying.

  Reply With Quote
15-10-2008
  165
Meg
inspired contemplation
 
Meg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: London by way of North America
Gender: femme
Posts: 17,064
I agree with what you say, it has become a label, though I would argue that it's incredibly unique in that it is viewed as a status symbol and yet incredibly accessible to a wide variety of income levels (I'm not saying they are cheap, quite the opposite but rather that people from across a wide variety of income levels own at least one product) but this wide access does not diminish the way the "exclusivity" of the product. Like one poster said in this thread, that it was no longer exclusive and thus they weren't interested, I would say that's an anomaly.

That said, I don't think those who disagreed with what you said had any sort of "complex", it was just a miscommunication.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.