How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-02-2009
Stitch:the Hand

believe me it's hard making that transition to pc. but i am so satisfied to back on one again. it's been pure heaven the last months,indefinitely.

anybody else love the energy features? my screen goes bright in the sun or a bright light(s) or dark when lights are dimmer. it really assists in keeping the battery and energy taken from a powersource,sustainable. no wastes.

06-02-2009
rising star

i think mac's are a must have after sex and the city
the illusion on one sitting in a coffee house writing about men is one which most of us aim for
unlucky for me i'm still waiting for a mac to come my way

07-02-2009
windowshopping

i'm happy i made the decision on buying a macbookpro! it will be 3 years in april and Zero problems! ;p

11-02-2009
trendsetter

Ok I got a macbook like 1 week ago. & I WANT WANT WANT to love it and rave about it but tbh...I find things kinda backwards on it. Ok, so WHY is there no right button? You have to hit "ctrl" and mouse if you want to create a new document, or open a new tab. There is no 'print screen' button.....you have to hit 'ctrl', 'shft', and '3' or '4' to copy the screen.

There is no hash '#' button...you have to hit 'alt' and '3'...but it doesnt say that anywhere I had to search on google just to find it out?!?!

I was trying to fill in a form recently....and in the date section, my mac only gave me anough space to put ONE number per box. So usually its like say my bday is 22/07/82. but I could only put 2/7/8---which isnt even a birthday!? It wasnt my form cos my home PC showed it fine. SO my dad suggested downloading a Java update...but unlike a normal PC it doesnt have like a 'my computer' so we couldnt find the specs anywhere. We just got lead around all these internal documents like a bleeding maze!!!!

I dont get it, everyone raves about macs, but so far (im hoping my opinion changes cos mines only 1 week old) they dont even do BASIC functions easily.

GRRRRR

Has anyone else had the same experience?? Will it get better?

front row

I recently got a macbook air..i love it.
Its as light as a feather and u can stuff it in ur bag

11-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionturnip View Post
Ok I got a macbook like 1 week ago. & I WANT WANT WANT to love it and rave about it but tbh...I find things kinda backwards on it. Ok, so WHY is there no right button? You have to hit "ctrl" and mouse if you want to create a new document, or open a new tab. There is no 'print screen' button.....you have to hit 'ctrl', 'shft', and '3' or '4' to copy the screen.
I'm not shure this is on my default, but it's much more efficient to do the "two-finger-tap". More easier than two different buttons, at least when you get the hang of it

Quote:
I was trying to fill in a form recently....and in the date section, my mac only gave me anough space to put ONE number per box. So usually its like say my bday is 22/07/82. but I could only put 2/7/8---which isnt even a birthday!? It wasnt my form cos my home PC showed it fine. SO my dad suggested downloading a Java update...but unlike a normal PC it doesnt have like a 'my computer' so we couldnt find the specs anywhere. We just got lead around all these internal documents like a bleeding maze!!!!
This is wierd, might be a browser-issue. What browser where you running?

Quote:
I dont get it, everyone raves about macs, but so far (im hoping my opinion changes cos mines only 1 week old) they dont even do BASIC functions easily.

GRRRRR

Has anyone else had the same experience?? Will it get better?

Macs are much easier to do basic functions, they just don't do it the same way as in Windows, so since it's new, it seems more complicated. Just wait until you get the hang of it and you'll love it ;D

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

^I got mine in december and was experiencing some of fashionturnip's frustration but the more I use it, the more I get the hang of it and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. it's another dimension.. of love.
double-clicking and scrolling up and down was what I dreaded the most and it's now my favorite part. and screenprinting is fantastic too, it's definitely not a one-key-only procedure as with microsoft but it does help you avoid the paste in [insert program where you paste captured images] and save as steps and it only gets better when you use command + shift + 4 as you crop exactly the part you want to capture and it's automatically saved.

I'm also very satisfied with iWORK, my cousin kept telling me to get office for mac but I bought iWORK and it's beautiful.. the design, features, easiness..
do I sound like an ad?.

backstage pass

I can't afford it lol. I would need at least 1300 dollars for the cheapest laptop.

19-02-2009
windowshopping

I want a Macbook SOO badly! As soon as I get a job, my first two pay checks will be going to a macbook!

20-02-2009
scenester

fashionturnip
Same feelings I had when I got my black one in May 2007. We're ok now In the almost 2 years that I've had it, it only crashed twice (I mean I had to reboot it twice) Hope it will "last" at least 2 more years! (esp. since you cannot buy black ones nowadays)

Meg
inspired contemplation

Just bought my first macbook! I'm super excited to receive it! It's a grad gift from my parents (well, my mum especially) and my PC is slowly crashing. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use for word processing software yet and for note taking so we'll have to see. I got the new macbook but the upgraded one with 2.4GHz processor and more hard drive and the illuminated keyboard! huzzah! I'm really excited to get it and have a beautiful laptop that works easily! I'm concerned about the frustration in the transition but hopefully it'll go smoothly!

04-03-2009
V.I.P.

Macbooks come with this program especially modified for note-taking.

I see my classmates use it all the time and I'm quite jealous of them. It's wayyy better than Word Doc for taking notes.

But satisfaction brought it back
04-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Just bought my first macbook! I'm super excited to receive it! It's a grad gift from my parents (well, my mum especially) and my PC is slowly crashing. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use for word processing software yet and for note taking so we'll have to see. I got the new macbook but the upgraded one with 2.4GHz processor and more hard drive and the illuminated keyboard! huzzah! I'm really excited to get it and have a beautiful laptop that works easily! I'm concerned about the frustration in the transition but hopefully it'll go smoothly!
And if anything comes up you got us to ask

04-03-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm considering taking the plunge and crossing over to the mac side of life this year... As much as the guys who I work with insist on it, I think I'll have a hard time adjusting to the different keys etc. because I've always been a PC girl... Maybe I need to try one out for a while before I make my purchase

Meg
inspired contemplation

well I was using OneNote to do my note taking, but I think there is a program that is similar that i can download for free that will work with a mac.

B - i think it's the kind of thing that you get used to after a week :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook