How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch View Post
My life line! Always said I've never used a PC by choice. I've been a long supporter of the Mac, everything just works. Best defined as reclined computing if there is such a thing? Beware by owning a Mac you also join the Cult of Mac, like the mob once your in there's no getting out. You'll probably question why you waited so long?

thats the exact thing that everyone of my friends who own a mac tell me!
besides its features, it looks so damn beautiful.. i want one

06-06-2007
Stitch:the Hand

i am getting me a macbook when i get the money. i'd get a pro but i don't think i'll have enough to do that since i'm going to europe at the end of the summer. but

i think we as customers should really be supportive of apple products, besides the mere design features,but apple in general is 'greener' when it comes to mercury and such inside the computer itself,than any brand out there. and after using an ibook for quite a long time and having to alternate to a PC Dell notebook(not mine,so thankfully i didn't have to shell out the money for it)after it got hit by a lightening. i truly miss the formatting of the mac......so utterly easy to navigate through!!!

09-06-2007
backstage pass

I switched to Mac last year after being an Ubuntu-Linux user and I must say I couldn't expect more from my Macbook. I own a white one.

At first I liked the design, but after seeing how my boyfriend's one worked and all its applications, I decided to buy my own one. And I'll never regret leaving pcs behind.

09-06-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i think we as customers should really be supportive of apple products, besides the mere design features,but apple in general is 'greener' ...
That's not really true, Apple is the worst company when it comes to the environment as far as their manufacturing process. Although they've promised to go green, they current have the worst reputation in the industry for their factory processes.

I own a black macbook. It's very light, the screen is beautifully sharp although the colours aren't particularly great (it's a laptop, what do you expect). The battery life is phenomenal, if you're only running safari and msn then you can expect 4-5 hours of use with optimized battery settings. I find the laptop is very fast and no annoying disc tray which is usually very flimsy. I run Final Cut Pro, Motion (yes, motion) and Cinema 4D with ease, Final Cut Pro is especially fast.

The main downside is that the MacBook has an integrated Graphics Card so some programs don't work, you have to check with each manufacturer before you buy software. Also it gets dirty very very easily so I'd suggest buying some cleaning materials and a keyboard protector as well as a dust case for storage. The inbuilt speakers are practically useless so you'll need some headphones.

Hmm what else...not much else to report. I can't wait for Leopard, although I love OSX right now it's too basic. Not that I want bloat but there are some key features missing.

09-06-2007
Diamond

^^ At least Apple is trying to go green: http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/

They have also just introduced the mercury free LED display: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/V...-Tune-Up.xhtml

I think Apple should be commended for its efforts. Did I mention I was a Mac zealot?

~Madeleine Albright
09-06-2007
windowshopping

i adore my macbook pro! and it's definitely a fashion accessory, mine's all pimped out i have the picture in my avatar going across about half the back of my screen, airport staff always comment on it for some reason

09-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
I own a black macbook. It's very light, the screen is beautifully sharp although the colours aren't particularly great (it's a laptop, what do you expect). The battery life is phenomenal, if you're only running safari and msn then you can expect 4-5 hours of use with optimized battery settings. I find the laptop is very fast and no annoying disc tray which is usually very flimsy. I run Final Cut Pro, Motion (yes, motion) and Cinema 4D with ease, Final Cut Pro is especially fast.
I've been wondering all this time whether a Macbook was enough to handle Final Cut Pro. Sounds good. Thanks

19-06-2007
tfs star

I'm buying a laptop soon (I have a desktop at the moment) because I'll be going to college, can't decide whether to buy a vaio or a macbook though....i LOVE the design of them but the only thing that worries me is what the software is like on the mac - is it easy to work with? I already use iTunes and photoshop and love them both!

Press escape to continue.

I love my MacBook - I got it for a New Year's present this year, from me to myself for having had a very good year! It's quiet, easy to add components, light, crisp screen... most of all, it's a Mac so I know I will never have to deal with a virus. It was inexpensive, and the support I get from Apple is top notch.

At work, I have a desktop PC on a huge network and it's fine for what I need to do there. But when it came to buying something for home, the Mac just made sense for me. It connects to my music and everything else that I do at home that requires a computer.

Good luck!

backstage pass

Doesn't Macbook have the ability to run windows XP now?

backstage pass

Yes, it does, with Boot Camp.

I would recommend a Mac, because now you can install any operative system there. Although you'll love Mac OS X, it's extremely easy to use, very intuitive. And it's great.

19-06-2007
tfs star

Does a macbook run the latest MSN messenger or does it have its own of some kind that lets you talk to people using MSN?

backstage pass

I use Adium, but I think there's a version of MSN for Mac. At least there is one for Linux, aMSN.

19-06-2007
fashion insider

There is a version of msn for mac. The current msn is a bit buggy - it lags so often your message will be truncated at the start unless you wait a second or two before typing each new message. There are also no voice or video functions. I like how msn mac is very simple but this version is the worst yet.

22-06-2007
scenester

I had a Sony Vaio which I adored and still adore. The motherboard broke 5 weeks ago and I didnt get it repaired (would have cost mit €600) I decided to buy a new notebook. I so loved my Vaio, but since it broke down after only 2,5 weeks and it was impossible to repair it myself I decided to turn my back on Sony.
I bought a black MacBook. It is ok, has nice features, but it isnt as good as my Vaio was. It is a good notebook, but I still think Sony got better ones. Plus after nearly 10 years working with Microsoft I find it rather hard to get along with OS X. I am copying though.. Also, the MacBook gets sooo warm I can hardly balance it on my knees for more than 1 hour. It can be noisy, too. One good thing is its battery power - lasts up to 4 hours.
I like that the harddisc can be reached very easily.
Hopefully this black MacBook will stay for me for a looong time so I do not have to keep thinking I shoulda've bought a Vaio instead. *sigh*

Last edited by she_said; 22-06-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook