How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2010
fashion insider

^ yes.

I'm a complete convert. I've always used a pc before, and when my new employer gave me a macbook I hated it at first having to get used to how different it was. But I went away on business for six weeks and only had the mac, I came back home, switched on my pc laptop, used it for five minutes and realised how much better the mac was to use and switched over to my work laptop instead.

They're so expensive but so worth it, I'll definitely be replacing my personal one with a macbook.

21-10-2010
V.I.P.

when u do an update do you have to use the Leopard cd?
or when u format it??

thanx guys

21-10-2010
fashion insider

My macbook came with leopard OS. I bought the CD for like $20 for Snow Leopard and updated it in minutes. I love my macbook. Will never use a PC again (except at work where we have to UGH).

22-10-2010
fashion elite

I recently got a macbook and I seriously love it. I'll just alternate between it and PC's when I'm forced to.

26-10-2010
rising star

I own 2 and will never go back to a PC! The simplicity and reliability are the main reasons.

28-10-2010
V.I.P.

ok so i got the macbook but it s far from being simple
i added chrome but am having trouble with msn as my contacts get a notice saying i have the old version thus i can t send them pictures
also how to i copy paste pictures from other sites to lets say TFS??

it s soo complicated??
and is there another program to view pictures other than iphoto??
thank youuu

28-10-2010
lady of the flowers

don't know about msn, do you use the latest version?

just use firefox to you copy/past/save pictures.

photos i just view in the finder, in the left hand corner you can choose how you want them to view.

28-10-2010
backstage pass

Since there are so many mac owners here I was just wondering if any of you could answer my question about warranty? I know most computers you get a one year warranty and then you can buy additional warranty for it, with mac do you get that one year free or do you have to buy the ridiculously expensive Apple Care?

28-10-2010
backstage pass

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1343

most of the keyboard shortcuts to help you with your new mac.

stuff like command (apple) Z = Undo

really not that hard. might take you a week or two to get used to it, believe me, you will be a pro in no time. if my 4 year old niece can open gmail to video chat with me, send e-mails with attachments, you should have no problem.

you get 1 year warranty, and then the apple care, if you choose to buy it, carries on the 2nd, third year, etc., depending for how long you purchase it.

29-10-2010
V.I.P.

thanx guys for the help

overall i think i got it
it s just those couple things am stuck on

29-10-2010
front row

i hate the combination msn + mac. it never works. i cant even have a display picture. any tips?

29-10-2010
backstage pass

i use adium messenger! it works for msn accounts, icq, yahoo, aim, ... i like it

30-10-2010
fashion insider

I'm thinking of buying my own macbook - I have a work macbook pro I use but I want one for my very own

But now this macbook air is out... I like how thin it is - easier for carrying around and I don't need the disc drive but the macbook pro is more powerful, although you can upgrade the air right? I don't know what one to pick! Opinions?

backstage pass

I considered the new Air too, they only come in 11'' and 13'' versions, but I like the weight and the lack of a hard drive - means it's faster at accessing data, doesn't have to search on HDD anymore, everything is in flash chips. Display is upgraded too, has higher resolution. Way cool! On bad points: the processor is weaker than the current Macbook line, max 256 GB storage, max 4 GB (with upgrade) and that's it. No LAN port, I don't recall if the old one had it tho tbh and I don't use it anyway (but 13'' version has a SD cards reader, but I don't care for those either, all my devices utilize Memory Sticks). And the battery life is short, they say 7 h for 13'' so it translates to about 4 h in real life. And worst thing: no more pretty backlit keyboard for Air. For me, Air would be a downgrade from my current Mac in every way, except for display and weight, and I'd have to get the external CD/DVD reader. So no Air for me, I'm still waiting for next gen iPads, so that will probably be my lightweight portable device.

30-10-2010
fashion insider

That was helpful rayoflight

I hate choosing a new laptop, it's such a difficult decision! And I can never understand half of specs! The limited battery life would be the main issue for me. I use external harddrives for storage mostly, and I wouldn't use the LAN port, or the cd drive as I mentioned. Hmm, maybe just go with a macbook pro as that's what I'm used to...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook