How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2007
windowshopping

I'm in between getting a vaio or a macbook? Any suggestions ? ( & why)

13-07-2007
fashion icon

^i guess it depends on what you are gonna do with it. if you are going into graphic design or just any art field, mac would be the choice the school wants to buy simply because most the art softwares are better run on mac than pc.

misssakura - i guess it was because i was playing around with the softwares on the computer and that ran down my battery. it does seem like the battery isnt running out as fast now that im only on internet and msn.

want to throw a question out.
im planning on getting a new music player. since i have mac..i am considering ipod nano. but i had bad experience with apple's music players before so im not the keen on the idea. but since i have a mac, im scared the pc type mp3 players wont function well with mac.
so i might as well as some questions about ipod for mac users.
when i load songs from itunes to ipod, does it load EVERY song that is ticked off with autoload or can a pick and choose the songs i want than i either drag them into the folder or load by it self?
and also, if i plug my ipod onto another computer, will the ipod playlist reformat and erase all the songs? or will it take in whatever songs i want to load and keeping the original playlist?

13-07-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU View Post
when i load songs from itunes to ipod, does it load EVERY song that is ticked off with autoload or can a pick and choose the songs i want than i either drag them into the folder or load by it self?
and also, if i plug my ipod onto another computer, will the ipod playlist reformat and erase all the songs? or will it take in whatever songs i want to load and keeping the original playlist?
First you download the songs you want into the iTunes library and from there, you can definitely choose the songs you want by dragging them into your iPod. And from my experience, there won't be any problem regarding playlists if you plug your iPod onto another computer

backstage pass

hola

i bought my Mac Book (black) about a year ago.
(my friend works at Apple so yeah...)

i think OSX can take a bit of getting used to but once you do, you will see how far ahead it is of Windows. i personally will never go back to PC. you can run parallels or boot camp to run any windows app you want. no viruses...! boots up in an instant, runs like a dream if you know what you are doing. did i mention no VIRUSES, i can't emphasize this enough

the issue of it heating up, particularly the black ones...i suggest taking it to the Apple store near you. i'm pretty sure they were having issues with the fans on the Mac Books.

MUXU, i'm pretty sure when you set up your IPOD. it asks you if you want ITUNES to update the ipod automatically each time you sync or if you want the user to do this manually. usually ITUNES will recognize a different IPOD connected to the MAC, the name will appear (MUXU's Ipod) is connected...do you want ITUNES to automatically sync...

the thing i do is transfer my friends music to my MAC, via their network, or d/l it on my own. remember MAC aren't prone to viruses so this is generally safer then on PC. or you can always download via ITUNES.
this will be a M4P file type instead of MP3 which you are used to....so...you burn the files you want onto a cd and then rip it back using ITUNES as an MP3 file. bye bye protected file

you can always just walk into an Apple store and ask them just about anything...just remind them that you don't speak tech lingo, and to explain, explain, explain.

14-07-2007
fashion insider

I have had a Vaio for maybe 2 years now and haven't run into any such problems with it until recently. I think I have a bunch of spyware and viruses, which can obviouslt deter a laptop. I hate how no matter how careful you are with a laptop, you find yourself having way more files saved than you thought you did. My Vaio battery sucks. I have to have it plugged into an outlet. I usually can't have it on for more than 8 hours before it overheats and begins crashing. Then again, this may be due to the fact that it's getting old? It's also really heavy...not something I could see myself lugging around to college, that's for sure. I think mine's the largest screen though!

I may be switching over to a Macbook soon though I was thinking about getting a desktop. A Macbook would be more convenient but at the same time, an Apple desktop would allow me more harddrive space and RAM, and most classrooms at my college are not equipped for laptop use. Maybe I'll hold off until after my first year. Any recommendations?

14-07-2007
fashion icon

thank you keroppi and dorien

uh huh..i see. i have a pretty big music library on my pc already so im probably wont redownload the tracks.
if loading the music onto ipod means as simple as just draging the tracks highlighted than im probably gonna buy an ipod.
M4P oh apple...

14-07-2007
windowshopping

Hmm. thanks MUXU and Frieda... I think I'm leaning towards a macbook.. but I was wondering... how about an imac?

15-07-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU View Post
thank you keroppi and dorien

uh huh..i see. i have a pretty big music library on my pc already so im probably wont redownload the tracks.
if loading the music onto ipod means as simple as just draging the tracks highlighted than im probably gonna buy an ipod.
M4P oh apple...
You're welcome It plays .mp3 audio formats, but not .wma...I have yet to find a good file converter for audio

fashion icon

hehe..i got an ipod yesterday.
my parents have several they are selling in their store so i just took one
it's working much much better than what i experienced before. very easy to use indeed

16-07-2007
rising star

I have a MacBook and LOVE it! I was really scared at first because I was used to a PC but I sort of taught myself on the Mac after just playing on it awhile and would never go back now. They are so user-friendly!

27-08-2007
tfs star

If I buy a macbook would all my 'accessories' I have now that work on windows, such as a camera and scanner, work with the Apple OS? Thanks

fashion icon

i have a question about the webcam on macbookpro. im trying to have a webcam convosation with my parents on skype, but we can't see each other's webcam. is this caused by them using a pc webcam and me using a mac webcam?
this is getting on my nerves

07-09-2007
fashion insider

I've had a PC my whole life but my parents just got me a MacBook two weeks ago and I absolutely love it ! I was afraid it would be hard to get used to it but everything is so simple, so intuitive. I'm in love

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

I have a regular desktop (a Dell) and a MacBook for school. I must be a lone freak but I way prefer a PC. I know maybe because I'm more used to the PC but I've had the MacBook awhile and got used to it and all. I mean, it's cute. LOL!

My MacBook's hard drive died randomly two weeks ago - got that lovely grey screen with the file with the flashing question mark. Not a good sight!

07-09-2007
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by *k.a.t.e* View Post
If I buy a macbook would all my 'accessories' I have now that work on windows, such as a camera and scanner, work with the Apple OS? Thanks

Yes they would, you might have to download a new driver for the scanner but they should work on a Mac as well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook