How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2011
backstage pass

^ Yea, and they have been promising skin support for OSX since Tiger at least...

Allegedly there are options, but I never tried any of those: The VideoLAN Forums - Skins on Mac?

21-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestmagique View Post
no kidding... I love my Macbook, but it's a computer, not some kind of holy vessel. I swear some people just about brand themselves with the Apple logo. I wouldn't put stickers on mine though, it bugs me even having them on my car... :p

by the way, having VLC is the BEST. I love making screencaps from DVDs, like of certain scenery, outfits, etc., and it's so easy with VLC as opposed to the standard Mac DVD player.
if my macbook was some kind of holy vessel I certainly would not put stickers on it :p well, everyone to his taste

20-07-2011
backstage pass

the new macbook Air is finally out,

i'm still trying to decide on which one to pick
11 or 13

prices, prices

21-07-2011
fashion icon

^ They brought back the backlit keyboard in the new MacBook Air.
Now I'm like, eyeing my 2nd gen Air like it's not worthy anymore. haha
Seriously though, even I try to justify it by saying I don't need it cause I can touch type in the dark, backlit keypads are just so cool.

trendsetter

I currently have a macbook pro (and a macbook that needs screen repair). I am hooked for life. Never will buy another non-mac.

28-07-2011
tfs star

Is there a key equivalent to the "supr" one; (I don´t know if they call it that in english keyoards) I mean the one that allows you to erase forwards.

I just bought a MacBook and I cannot perform that action. If I want to erase a word I need to move the cursor to the end of the word and then use the reverse arrow.

Can anyone tell me how to do that, or do I have to just adapt?

28-07-2011
fashion elite

Press FN + delete and it should work

29-07-2011
tfs star

^^I don´t have a delete key on my keydoard
At least none of them has that written on them...

Bear in mind that this keyboard is for spanish....maybe that is what makes it different....

If you can give me another hint maybe I can figure it out

Thanks a lot for the tip anyways, karma

Last edited by newprincesita; 29-07-2011 at 08:52 AM.
29-07-2011
fashion elite

The delete key is the key you use to erase backwards. In the US, it's the backspace key but I'm not sure what it is in Spanish keyboards. Do you have the actual Mac keyboard or an alternate one?

29-07-2011
fashion elite

I don't have a Spanish keyboard. But by the sounds of it yours apparently looks different to the Spanish keyboard on this gif where you'd press 'fn' (on the far left bottom corner) and the key just below eject.
bindapple

Last edited by purplethistle; 29-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.
30-07-2011
tfs star

I´m trying as I type an it works! Yeeeeeesss! it´s fn + the backwards arrow. It doesn´t have a "delete" sign, just an arrow.

Thanks a lot for the instructions Ochi and purplethistle!

Love thistles by the way!

14-08-2011
fashion elite

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about purchasing a new laptop for September.Since I'll be going back to university.I'm thinking about getting a Mac,but I don't know which one I should go for.So my question is : Macbook Air or Macbook Pro ?

I'll be using it as my school computer as well as my "home" computer since I'll be away from home studying in the UK.So I NEED HELP GUYS !

14-08-2011
you set the scene

^It just depends on your needs. The Pros are great but pretty unnecessary for most people; I use my computer ALL the time for school and for personal use and even though it's a standard first-gen Macbook, it has never been incapable of doing something that I needed it to. So unless you have a specific reason why you might need the bells and whistles of the Macbook Pro, I would go for the Air if I were you. And trust me, the lightness of the Airs may seem insignificant at first, but it makes a big difference if you're going to be running around all day carrying it with you. That's the only thing that annoys me about having this Macbook, and it's not like it's insanely heavy! :p

*btw I have a rather boring question to ask you guys... in Microsoft Word, how can you get text to line up evenly on both sides of the page like the text in books/newspapers typically is? (where it automatically adds extra spacing to each line so that the lines are even at the edges of the left and right margins?)

14-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestmagique View Post
*btw I have a rather boring question to ask you guys... in Microsoft Word, how can you get text to line up evenly on both sides of the page like the text in books/newspapers typically is? (where it automatically adds extra spacing to each line so that the lines are even at the edges of the left and right margins?)
It's called justified text - the button should be with the left, right and centre alignment buttons in the toolbar. If not you need to get the formatting toolbar up, I think that's on the view menu. The button looks like this:

microsoft

On topic: So sad they got rid of the white macbooks! I've had mine nearly 4 years and I was hoping to replace it next year. Looks like I'll have to get a pro.

you set the scene

How on earth did I not notice a fourth option thanks *k.a.t.e*

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook