How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2008
front row

I know too a lot of people who had problems with their macbook... me too I had a problem not in the system but a part of the computer was broken, because of to close it... but some of my friends had problems with tradpad and "the clic" which doesn't work.

But except that I really really loooove my macbook white (but i have to clean it every day...). I saw the macbook air and i have to sa that it's not really interesting for a computer to doesn't have CD/DVD player or anything else...

26-02-2008
trendsetter

Ugh I have a few bright white 'stuck' pixels on my MBP screen. Its mildly annoying. I don't think the hardware from Apple is that great but its worth it for the superiority of the Mac OS.

I'm debating on whether or not to drop in to Apple store to exchange the screen but otherwise I really really like mine Esp. the backlit keyboard.

26-02-2008
trendsetter

Forgot to add that the Macbook Pro has been updated, 250 gb, Penryn, multitouch.

And they dropped prices on refurbs to 35%; I decided not to go thro the hassle of returning and reordering so I took a price match

26-02-2008
V.I.P.

I have had my MacBook for a few months know or since Christmas. I use it everyday for school assignments and tFS, and I have had no problems so far. I got a plastic cover for the keyboard so it doesn't get dirty and I got a blue leather case to go around it so it doesn't get dirty.

26-02-2008
fashion insider

I've had a Macbook for almost 2 years, and as of late it seems to crash a lot. Never happened as frequently before. In fact, I had problem starting it earlier today. But still, I love my Macbook, I'm not really comfortable using Windows or something else now.

About it getting dirty, I've developed a habit where I'll wash it if it looks dirty. I love keeping it clean.

Meg
inspired contemplation

for those who talked about the chipping, my best friend just took hers into the local dealer and they fixed it for free so....

06-03-2008
rising star

I love my MacBook, it looks awesome and I'm sitting in a lecture on French Avandt Gardes art but scanning the posts on tfs, what a great way to live!

08-03-2008
front row

haha @ ollie i do exactly the same thing

macbook air has no dvd drive which for me is a big no no and no i wont be going to itunes mr jobs to buy a movie from you instead, a macbook is allot better!

14-03-2008
backstage pass

Can somebody explain a bit more about this case chipping? Is it down the side of the mac book? or next to they keyboard? because one day i picked mine up by its side white it was open and the side went totally into the casing i thought for a min it was cracked but didn't.

Stitch:the Hand

yeah if you get the apple care,you can take it and get any kinks fixed for free. you can even do it if you're abroad,from what i was reading.

i'm getting another mac soon. decided on just the simple white macbook which really has everything i need. i thought about the air but i too don't think it's worth it without the drives.....while the idea of total wirelessness seems brilliant,i do find it ultimately incredibly pretentious and almost silly even. i still like to utilise my cd collections and i am not paying extra for the superdrive when i can have it installed already on the other models. and i dare not work with this pc again after i switch back again. i don't even want to bother.

btw,can somebody please explain from experience how the wireless feature works exactly? i am using a wireless network pc card already on my pc notebook and i was just wondering will and how i can use it on the macbooks? or do i even need to use my network at all? just a bit confused about that.

Last edited by Scott; 15-03-2008 at 10:01 PM.
17-03-2008
backstage pass

Scott if you buy a macbook or macbook pro or even air for that matter you will not need the wireless card to access your wireless network. Macs have them built in and apple call it 'airport'. So if you look at the specs on there website you should notice airport mentioned somewhere thats the wireless network card. Hope this helps.

Stitch:the Hand

okay. so all i do is put in my network info on the hub or does apple have its own network? that's really the aspect that confused me most.

30-03-2008
trendsetter

^ ? Apple doesn't have its own network. You should be apple to open the new Macbook and it should automatically detect whatever wireless network is in the vicinity. You just choose your network and it should be connected. If you have a secure network with a password, you will be prompted to type in the password and that's it.

And the MBA does come in a model with a hard drive (although its not that much space and defeats the "coolness" and purpose of a MBA). There is an external drive for it too, so its not really wireless just that the MBA with solid state drive has no moving parts and its very thin.

My adapter/battery is acting funny on my MBP, sigh. I had a brown out in the neighborhood because of the high winds and ever since the battery has been slowly draining and failing to charge, even though the battery is 99% charged and connected to AC. I think I will have to let a Genius tinker with it.

Last edited by lollicandy; 30-03-2008 at 07:00 PM.
12-05-2008
backstage pass

Amazing to find a macbook-thread in the accessories-section :p
I don't remember what got me to switch to mac but I never regreted it. I used to have an aliminium powerbook but I'm now sitting on a MacBook. I think maybe I'd do better with a MBP since I'm running some heavy programs, but I'm too comfortable now with my 13-inch screen, for me 15 is too large. But yeah, as a photographer-slash-designer I cannot live without my mac. We run PCs at school and I can't stand it anymore, it's a pain :p

18-05-2008
backstage pass

Oh man, my mom just bought a pc laptop and i was installing everything for her and i nearly threw up at how confusing and challenging it is to use a P.C.

its like all those popups are in code and you are supposed to decipher it..wtf hahaha

anyways.

love my macbook.

a warning to everyone though: macbook airs are b.s.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
macbook