How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2007
backstage pass

Mp3's
How come Ipods dominate the world of mp3's? Looking at the bestseller at amazon, I noticed that only two products in the top ten aren't Ipods.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...518548-8692440

I'm guessing that most people here have an Ipod, but those few who hasn't, how come you didn't buy an Ipod, and who those who have an Ipod, how come you didn't buy something else?

Here are a few pictures of non-Ipod mp3's.

The microsoft Zune (which look a lot like the Ipod)

zune.net

The creative zen v. (which also look like the Ipod, although they do have others which doesn't resemble the Ipod that much)

Mp3newswire.com

The sandisk sansa and shaker for kids.

amazon.com

The Bang & Olufsen Beosound 2 (with a very original look and probably very expensive pricetag aswell)

generationmp3.com

06-10-2007
V.I.P.

I have Sony Walkman mp3, its small and fits for me perfectly. I would have bought ipod if I had enough money at the time.

06-10-2007
trendsetter

I dislike iPods because they seem to be littered with problems with battery life and screens cracking, so I'd rather get something more reliable.

I have this Sony one:

06-10-2007
scenester

Something about the design of the others doesn't appeal to me.

Also, I have a Macbook, so the player has to be compatible with that. I'm not sure about Sony and Creative, but I know the Zune only works with Windows.

06-10-2007
scenester

i have a creative zen neeon and i am annoyed that i bought it really... ipod's dominate the market for a reason i think... there's so many accessories that go with them.. you can go to any friends house and get all their songs off itunes.. and they are way user friendly, despite all their battery problems. i love scrolling up and down on them. no other mp3 player seems to provide that sort of fun/excitement/ease with their scrolling. i'm seriously considering one of the new colourful little ipod nano's because i just want in on an ipod.

07-10-2007
front row

the Cassette Tape MP3 Player

'it actually doubles as a cassette tape, meaning besides plugging your earphones in it and use it as a portable MP3 player you can load it with music (via USB, which also charges it) and use it in any ‘ol cassette tape player'

freshpilot.com/the-cassette-tape-mp3-player/

front row

Well I personally own the ZUNE and I love it...I think it is better than the iPod because you can personalize it...too bad I think that it only features the 30 GB capacity unless I am wrong and they updated it...mine is full!

It is also bigger and heavy I like that.

AmpopBoy.

Amour Comme Hiver

I have the Sansa Sandisk, and I love it. I get the radio, which is heaven for me, along with being able to use Rhapsody for just $15/month, so its cheaper than iTunes (though the selection is a bit more limited).

Kudos to the cute nerd at Best Buy who helped me pick it out.

08-10-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leda View Post
the Cassette Tape MP3 Player

'it actually doubles as a cassette tape, meaning besides plugging your earphones in it and use it as a portable MP3 player you can load it with music (via USB, which also charges it) and use it in any ‘ol cassette tape player'
Hey, that's really cute. I might consider buying that.

I have a some no-name usb stick, which works fine, only problem are the batteries which only last about 1-2 hours and it's not very nice looking.

trendsetter

At the 30GB range I believe there were only 3 options around when I bought my iPod- Zen, Zune and iPod. I can't remember exactly why I went with iPod, but it was pretty close. I didn't know if I would like the navigation on the Zen, and the Zune was new and I couldn't find out if it was reliable or not. Plus I got my iPod at a fair price from Amazon.

And the whole iPod-hating bandwagon is a bit ridiculous, so I thought I'd just get one for the heck of it.

08-10-2007
seagreen serenades

I've had an iAudio X5 for about two years now and it's served me very well. Supports all multimedia and requires no computer software. Mine is 30gb but I believe they go up to 60. Only problem is they have no facilities for repairs in Ireland, so you have to send them to Germany if something goes wrong.

advancemp3players.co.uk

14-10-2007
rising star

15-10-2007
rising star

Ah well I have an iPod video, from the last generation. Battery and screen wise it's fine, and I don't really take that great of care of it... Why bother when it will be outdated in a year, which it now is.

BUT I was just going to say that I just bought my boyfriend a Sony PSP, and plays mp3s and mp4s, as well as getting online where WiFi is available and of course plays games. Good option for people are looking for something not made by Apple. Memory depends on what card you put in, but I don't think you can get one higher than 4 or 5 gigs.

18-10-2007
scenester

I have an iPod 30 GB since almost a year. When it came to deciding which player I wanted, I looked at the iPod and the Creative Zen.

What I disliked at first about the iPod was the necessity of using iTunes to be able to use it. The Creative player had better reviews on the internet, so I thought "Ok, I go for this one". I hadn't seen them in reality, only on pictures. But when I saw both players in a shop and touched them, it was as clear as glass that the iPod was the real thing for me. I just looks and feels so good. The Creative player was bulky and ugly, compared to it.

Then I downloaded iTunes to try it out. I was used to just drag and drop mp3's to my old USB-stick player, and I assumed it would be less comfortable to use a program. Wow, was I wrong. Music organisation with iTunes is truly fantastic, the songs and albums are well arranged, you can have (intelligent) playlists, covers, no hassle with folders to organize everything in Windows Explorer etc.

Now I was convinced I wanted the iPod, but only after buying it, I found out how great and easy iPod and iTunes work together. I just plug the player in, and it updates with an exact mirror of the songs, ratings, playlists and so on on iTunes.

I also have an alarm clock I can use my iPod with (yay, no more horrible radio tunes for me in the morning) and an Airport Express, which allows me to listen to my music in iTunes over my stereo speakers of my hifi-system.

I still love it and would never want another player. I have a lot more fun with my music since I have it, and listen to it a lot more.

(No, Apple doesn't pay me, and I do like Windows. )

30-12-2007
trendsetter

Your music player (non-iPod)
What kind do you have?
Do you like it?
Would you recommend it?

I have a Sony mp3 player - it's only 512 mb, but it does it's job and I haven't had any issues.
It looks like this:

parkaveelectronics

I'd recommend it if you want something small and easy to use.. it also comes in a 1GB version.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mp3