Hiring! If you or someone you know is in the NYC area and have experience with Jewelry Production, this is not one to miss.
Jewelry brand Pamela Love is looking for a technical designer.
- Create Design Calendar and schedule meetings with Head Designer accordingly
- Develop designs based on direction from Head Designer
- Create technical spec sheets for use in modelmaking and production
- Coordinate with Modelmaker to create waxes and metal models for new collections
- Source new materials and establish vendor relationships
- Negotiate pricing with vendors
- Update master cost list each season, communicate with Operations Manager regarding metal price fluctuations
- Supervise and allocate tasks to Production Interns
- Coordinate with Production Manager to allocate bench workers for development tasks
- Coordinate with Head Designer regarding design and development of special projects and collaborations
- Hire interns and production employees
- Contract freelance agents as necessary to supplement modelmaking and production
- Coordinate with Press Manager regarding delivery of press samples at beginning of seasonal development
- Coordinate with Production Manager regarding production issues and problem solving