How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2004
rising star

i think they're classic. they're also my birthstone so i'm a bit biased, but i espeically love Tahitian black pearls.

04-12-2004
scenester

i bought some about a year ago ever since they have been my favorite neclace. cant go wrong with pearls

04-12-2004
scenester

I love my pearls. They beautiful and classy - and the best thing is the more you wear them the better they look!

HOWEVER, I've always been told that wearing pearls before 6pm is a huge no-no! Like wearing brown shoes after the same time. I must admit sometimes wear them discreetly earlier in the day just because I love them so much! (And sometimes I wear brown shoes in the evening too...)

05-12-2004
backstage pass

I adore pearls. But are you guys talking about freshwater, cultured, or both? I like freshwater, personally, especially in all of the different colors and shapes.

I really love this necklace. It's waaay prettier in real life and looks very delicate while also funky...I think you could wear it either way. I want it!

[attachmentid=33637]
3 strands of 6mm-7mm abstract pearls in an iridescent peacock color. Sterling silver clasp. Size: Adjusts from to 17"-18" with a twist Price: $ 160
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pearls1.jpg (54.3 KB, 93 views)

08-12-2004
Seductress in Eden

Does anyone have any beautiful black peals?

09-12-2004
front row

i love pearls. well, i started to like it when i saw this audrey hepburn movie (breakfast at tiffany). its so elegant.

pearls are so versatile.. i mean when i wear a little black dress, i usually use a string of pearls as a belt. it adds up to the glam factor

14-12-2004
urd
tfs star

i usually go for this look. not granny

17-12-2004
windowshopping

Non-traditional Pearls!!
Pearls are so versatile. With all the new colors that the freshwater pearls are available in, you can have pearls to match any mood or outfit. In my designs, I have pearls combined with red and blue coral, leather,, other semi-precious (colorful) stones...and unique shapes as well. I've got pearls in just about all colors - the dark peacock, black sea shell pearls, silver, teal, purple, zebra striped blue, bronze....and that old rule about not wearing pearls before 6pm is OUT!

http://www.viragocreations.com

17-12-2004
front row

Here's a cool watch i just found.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pearls.jpg (8.3 KB, 16 views)

19-12-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by HepburnDivine
I love my pearls. They beautiful and classy - and the best thing is the more you wear them the better they look!

HOWEVER, I've always been told that wearing pearls before 6pm is a huge no-no! Like wearing brown shoes after the same time. I must admit sometimes wear them discreetly earlier in the day just because I love them so much! (And sometimes I wear brown shoes in the evening too...)
What???I can't believe my mother never told me this! She is totally 'the rules' bitch...(she still wont hear of pink and red going together, and I've been doing that since I was like 4) and I have very often worn pearls before 6pm, and I'm pretty sure she has too, but she doesn't often wear pearls so I can't be sure..
I think pearls are perfect for daytime, and I think they look better in the day than in the evening! I think for evening/night I would be more likely to go for diamonds, maybe saphires or rubys.

V.I.P.

I am doing my own as well, well actually I am gonna start making them. :p

I'll go to this awesome store called "Bidz", they sell all sorts of beads at amazingly low prices. I want to do 3 necklaces to layer on over the other : 1 long, 2 medium lenght in long opaque and slightly shiney long beads.

23-12-2004
windowshopping

I love pearls and wear them with everything. (A simple string of pearls or some pearl studs usually do.) Even the fake ones can be fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E0425106229181_78b51.jpg (24.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg jewlery (braclet) - pearl.jpg (67.6 KB, 308 views)

24-12-2004
front row

That's a great bracelet Eloise

Seductress in Eden

anyone own black pearls

24-12-2004
Cinematic Vision

I think you have inspired me to buy some pearls guys!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pearls