How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-08-2004
rising star

Do you wear rings on your left hand ring finger? If so, what kind? I'd like to get myself a nice and special ring and I am so tired of leaving that finger open for men to notice I am not married....... but is that silly?

What kind of ring would you suggest? I do love gemstones, but don't want to go through the "no, i'm not married, oh, I bought it for myself" thing.......

Or am I just being bitter/negative and giving up a bit of hope that "true love" and "Mr. Right" are out there? and maybe the ring is a "to hell with you" gesture towards the "should get married" idea?

thoughts?

25-08-2004
scenester

I wear a jeweled ring on my thumb and then i wear i white gold band with with a gold heart on it from tiffanys on my ring my finger. try to wear someting simple on your ring finger and if you want some jewels either do your other hand or a different finger.

26-08-2004
V.I.P.

I love the idea of left hand rings... but I only wear them occasionally.

26-08-2004
front row

I wear a Tiffany "Wave" ring on my right hand and a diamond solitaire on my left hand middle finger, which is sometimes too big for the ring, then I swap it to the ring finger. I guess it depends on whether you mind people asking. (I did notice my parents kept looking at the ring on the left hand ring finger suspiciously, I like to keep people guessing haha especially parents )

This is a (little) bit unrelated, but I have seen posters here of a ring design that shows that you are unattached, ie. up for grabs!! The website is COID

I don't like the design (I'm not single anyway) but it's not such a bad idea, it just might seem a little desperate, or take the fun out of chatting someone up (I mean, if there's no challenge???...)

front row

I always wear my favourite ring on my ring finger - it fits better than on my right hand "ring" finger. I so don't care - it's a mother of pearl ring and very big so doesn't look engagementy at all. I didn't even think about it being my ring finger until a friend pointed it out to me one day!

29-08-2004
front row

I wear my diamonds on my right hand, always.

*shrugs*

04-09-2004
backstage pass

I always wore my rings on my left hand. I find that they're less in the way that way.

Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?

04-09-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Yes, it's your ring-hand because you wouldn't want to put your wedding ring on your right hand considering where it might've been...

Storm & Sommer

"Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?"
end of quote.

According to a friend of mine there is a symbolic meaning to wearing your wedding ring on either your left or right hand.
If you wear it on your left hand it's supposed to mean it's a marriage of love
(left being the side of your body where your heart is located),
and thus making a wedding ring worn on your right hand symbolic of a marriage of sensibility.
In other words Heart vs Mind.

I wish she hadn't told me cos I wear my wedding ring on my right hand.

pinterest : hanneonpin
04-09-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanne@Sep 4 2004, 03:42 PM
"Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?"
end of quote.

According to a friend of mine there is a symbolic meaning to wearing your wedding ring on either your left or right hand.
[snapback]356468[/snapback]
It depends on the religion. However, everyone can have their personal interpretations, of course.
http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabb...weddingring.htm

04-09-2004
ingenue

Quote:
Originally posted by chocsta@Sep 4 2004, 06:47 AM
Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?
[snapback]356180[/snapback]
purple is right, it depends on religion, and of course personal preference too. I believe that many russian orthodox wear it on their right ring finger.

07-09-2004
backstage pass

Thanks for the info Since I don't have a religion, I guess I'll go with personal preference But its still good to know the symbolic meanings behind customs

13-09-2004
backstage pass

I do, but it looks nothing like a wedding or engagement ring, and I wear rings on my other fingers as well.

15-09-2004
windowshopping

There's a trend with single women wearing rings (esp diamond rings) on their right hand. The slogan is "Women of the world, raise your right hand". B/c married and attached women have rings from their beaus and wear them on their left hand, single women should have their own ring and wear it on the right hand. Symbolizes empowerment and independence. Oprah and Star Jones brought the trend to attention with the AH Ring which stands for Available and Happy. And the trend hasn't stopped. A Diamond Is Forever also promotes right-hand rings.

15-09-2004
fashion insider

wear a ring on the left hand when you are married unless you want people to think you are divorced then i wouldn't advice you to wear it on the right hand either. just find another finger

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hand, left, people, rings, single