Socks... - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
03-12-2006
V.I.P.

I love Burlington socks and warm, thick socks with cute prints (Snoopy ) in winter. My feet get cold so easily...

backstage pass

I hate shopping, but socks are one of the few things I don't mind splurging on.

Knee high socks with stripes or argyle patterns the best. It's nice to wear them with flats or something so a peek of colour can match a scarf or a hat and it subtly ties the outfit together without being matchy...

I have a pair of knee high lumberjack socks (heather grey with red toes and heels) that I really love. I roll them over my shorts and wear them with high motorcycle boots and it's a really tough tomboy look

tfs star

Just bought some warm fuzzy nordstrom socks for $8 today. I will post pics later!

backstage pass

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but some friends and I recently got into this discussion via Myspace about socks. I am are real stickler for hating white socks. I don't believe they should be sold...ever.

The only time I will make an exception if with gym clothes but even then I don't like them. I love black socks or socks with cute prints on them (I have them from biege, blue, black, pink anycolour but white). So what is your policy on WHITE socks?

17-02-2007
Unveil Yourself....

They should all be thrown on a big pile and be burned...I don't understand why people wear white socks in the first place...you always hear everybody complaining about it. Especially when worn with sandals...yet there still are people who wear that...to me that is really the most disgusting fashion mistake a man (or woman sometimes) can make

Just, why

www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk

If you want a real laugh (or hurl ) check out this website.

twitter.com/ErikP87

17-02-2007
backstage pass

I am afraid if I click on that link I will die from pure disgust. I really really hate white socks. I have no idea where this hate stems from!

17-02-2007
Bel
front row

My rule is neutral and matching unless you are sure you know what you're doing
Unlike my mother who wears pea green socks to match her pea green polar fleece... with clogs and flood pants.

18-02-2007
trendsetter

haha I don't mind white socks. I wear socks for comfort...and something about wearing black socks in summer just doesn't seem right. Maybe I should just not wear them at all.

18-02-2007
V.I.P.

I prefer to wear either black or grey socks. Do you know any good sock brands which make quality socks? I wouldn't want to break the bank and spend 40 on a pair of socks, so is there a cheaper way to good quality?

As for socks matching... yes, I think they should match. In most cases where you really mark that someone is wearing socks that means they stand out somehow. My preferance is to make the socks part of the outfit, not the statement piece.

trendsetter

Is it odd to wear socks with flats? I've never seen a stylish person wearing them that way. But I do.

18-02-2007
V.I.P.

If they match it's ok I think. They need to be made from a thin quality material. Wearing white tennis socks with flats is awful though

God Save McQueen

i dont know what everyone has against white socks. what does it matter if you are wearing sneakers and jeans. they are comfy and cheap and you cant see them

18-02-2007
Unveil Yourself....

Untill you sit down, your jeans roll up and your white socks are shown...the social horror begins...

Ok, now I am exaggerating, I apologise....

twitter.com/ErikP87
18-02-2007
dsq
backstage pass

i hate white socks as well

18-02-2007
trendsetter

-Wait- To clarify...

Are we talking about just those thick smelly socks like the guy on the page before, or...

Any sock, no matter how thin and girly, that happens to be the color white?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
socks