Socks... - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-04-2006
front row

Socks...
I was curious what do you all think about socks. What colour socks should you wear? Should you matc them with your pants(YUCK)? Should you match them with your shoes? Or can you always wear black "dress" socks with anything (except for gym shoes when you are going to the gym)? (I mostly mean mens sock but women can answer to)

I only have black "dress" socks those are the only ones that I wear. It is easy and for me it allways goes with anything and they are sutle and nobody notices them. Some people try to match them with their pants but it is never the right colour and it gets my distracted... I'm just curious of everybodys likes and disslikes.

16-04-2006
front row

i don't tend to wear socks at all, unless i'm wearing boots, work out shoes (i.e. sneakers), or uggs (because i think wearing them without socks is ). and the only socks i wear are the short little white peds, because they're the closest i can get to not wearing socks in situations where i have to, if that makes any sense.

17-04-2006
Of too many minds

I wear socks when I'm wearing my exercise shoes or boots.
I buy my socks based on how cute their design is and trust me, most of the time they do no match my outfit at all.
But my shoes cover everything so that's not a problem at all

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
17-04-2006
front row

i love fun socks. i order a lot from www.sock-dreams.com

17-04-2006
V.I.P.

the "rule" is to match socks to your pants...

i love wearing funky socks, even if no one sees them, it feels good.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
17-04-2006
front row

To me matching the socks to your pants is so ridiclous because it never really matches and it almost always looks kind of mitch matched.... Well rules are made to be broken..

17-04-2006
fashion insider

I only wear socks when I'm wearing boots (and sneakers but I hardly ever wear those) so I don't really care what they look like. But sometimes I still buy socks with cute prints just because I like them.

18-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessImp.
I wear socks when I'm wearing my exercise shoes or boots.
I buy my socks based on how cute their design is and trust me, most of the time they do no match my outfit at all.
But my shoes cover everything so that's not a problem at all
I do the same exact thing. I rarley wear socks, only when I wear gym shoes (which is basically never) and with boots (but not uggs). I have bunny and frog socks and basically anything cute , no one sees them

19-04-2006
|/mirror queen\|

This reminds me of my high school teacher of french that allways matched his socks with the t-shirt or pullover he was wearing! ...green t-shirt meant green socks, etc

...and also a music teacher that wore pink fluffy socks with classic menīs shoes! hehehehhe

I like fun socks! Even if they are not seen, like someone mentioned
...itīs a bit like wearing nice knickers

windowshopping

To Sock Or Not To Sock
QUOTE SENNA: I only wear socks when I'm wearing boots (and sneakers but I hardly ever wear those) so I don't really care what they look like. But sometimes I still buy socks with cute prints just because I like them.

Reply from John Balone: Men and Women attack scoks differently. Men should wear black socks with blue or black trousers. Men should wear brown socks and shoes with brown trousers. White socks are for athletic wear...or if you are trying to make some sort of strange statement. (Even in my cowboy boots I wear black socks.)
Ladies...you have the field. I have seen knee socks worn with dresses. I'm not sure what the new fashion etiquette dictates. Colours are in great vogue but pleeze try to coordinate your socks with the rest of your ensamble. I hate it when the socks vary so much from the rest of the ensamble. (It looks like your socks were found on the floor of your closet!)
Dress up is exactly that...DRESS UP. Bare legs can be beautiful when worn with Sigerson-Morrison but pantyhose and stockings do exist. If your dress is longer wear real stockings...it drives real men nuts. If your dress is above the knee then pantyhose is in order. Ahhh but who am I.

01-12-2006
tfs star

I totally need new socks! My feet are cold. I want some fuzzy ones. Which brand is the best?

Push it to pop it!

Most of the time i just wear generic socks because nobody can see them, but i show these off sometimes

style.com

01-12-2006
tfs star

How about super warm fuzzy ski socks..ohh my cold feet are so happy

V.I.P.

I mainly wear grey or black woolsocks, but planning to buy woolsocks by Acne and wear over skinnyjeans, pic from acnjeans:

02-12-2006
backstage pass

I only wear thin socks, preferably knee-high. I hate anything really thick or padded. My toes get claustrophobic. :|
Usually in black....although with tennis shoes I wear white ankle socks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
socks