How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2008
V.I.P.

So exciting! Love the earrings; I never have enough earrings because I can never find many I like = problem solved

18-03-2008
V.I.P.

Im going to Target tomorrow. I hope they have them out early.

21-03-2008
V.I.P.

Its out now! What does everyone think? I like a couple of the necklaces but they didnt seem worth the price since I wouldnt wear them that much so I might pick up one or two on clearance. Im pretty sure I will be getting the bird locket dangle earrings. Im going to treat myself after my haircut (getting about 5 inches cut off).

21-03-2008
barcode

I went last night to check out the pieces.

I've gotta say, I was a little disappointed by a lot of it. It looked like stuff you could find in Urban Outfitters, really. I think without the big, almost ridiculous objects he uses in his collection, this stuff kind of loses it's edge.

Side note though, the watch fob necklace looks much bigger in person than in pictures, and was actually pretty cool looking.

21-03-2008
V.I.P.

Yeah... I agree. I was just telling a friend he shouldnt have toned it down so much because the people that know his stuff are expecting something outrageous & it is a bit of a let down because of that. Thats why I thought alot of the prices were to high. If it would have been more over the top it would have been worth the $60.00 for a couple of the necklaces. Oh & that watch necklace was pretty cool! Dont remember the price on that one but it was one of the few that actually looked cooler in person! I also kind of liked the pink pearl rhinestone necklace... I probably wont but it though because Im not really a pink girl but I love the look of the rhinestone necklace wrapped around the pearls.

Last edited by Tiffany7; 21-03-2008 at 04:24 PM.
23-03-2008
Stitch:the Hand

they still seem rather distinct for the platform he's designing for. you certainly wouldn't see that work,normally,in such mass market place as target.

that fob neck piece is just lovely. it has a nice balance too. just enough romance to satisy me,yet not so feminine that it makes it look overly girly. i'm going tomorrow to check out the line in person and i hope i am still impressed. i might get that fob piece too.

23-03-2008
scenester

I sort of like the lucite cuffs, and they are much more affordable than most of the necklaces! $60 for some seems a little high, but I'll have to visit a store to see what the quality is like. The most appealing pieces from subversive are the GIANT ones, and this target collection doesnt seem to have any of those. has anyone picked up any pieces?

23-03-2008

i think what you're paying for is the amount of intricate details. possibly a certain level of quality compared with the others if that makes sense as one never equates such a thing. but knowing justin,and the level of integrity in his works,i'm certain that was a goal in his agreement to do this collection.

23-03-2008
front row

i reallyyyy like the first two necklaces. i'd pair them with a worn out vintage tee to balance out the flashiness, definitely would like to check these out.

24-03-2008

egads,the pieces are enormous! sort of overwhelming for me. i don't think i could carry off such chunky pieces round my neck. and the pendants on the cluster and fob neckpieces were too heavy. i wish he had included some brooches or corsage pieces because i'm not really a necklace person.

24-03-2008
V.I.P.

the ads for the line are in the new april issues of domino and elle. they use the double strand shell ring necklace...

24-03-2008
Of too many minds

I ordered some of the pieces but I didn't have a chance to check them out IRL yet.
Will post my reviews and pics once I get them!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
25-03-2008
tfs star

went to my Target today and I am totally in love with a couple of the necklaces, but I am going to wait until either they are on sale or I get my tax refund I did buy the locket earrings with the birds and chain, they reminded me of Amy Adams's Oscar purse for some reason, but I am very happy with them. I didn't realize how huge the necklaces were, but that made me love them even more I wasn't very impressed with the plastic bead stuff though or the bug cuffs. I was reading a review on Target.com that a woman said she bought the bug cuff twice and had stones fall off both times!

V.I.P.

The item I thought I liked least... the huge chunky bead necklace are starting to make me think hmmmmm. I have so much black & Im thinking maybe the white/yellow/grey necklace might be nice with a black dress to add color.

27-03-2008
tfs star

I did get those bird/locket earrings home and while I do love them and will keep them, the earrings themselves are gold tones, but the french hooks that go into the ear are silver! I can change them out, but still, I wonder what the reasoning behind that was. I did go back and buy a necklace today, we shall see if I end up keeping it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
subversive, target