How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2008
V.I.P.

Subversive For Target
from the press release...

MINNEAPOLIS (March 2008) — Target is partnering with renowned jewelry designer Justin Giunta to launch a limited-edition accessories collection, Subversive® for Target®. This collection is the second jewelry launch in a series of limited-time-only accessories designers at Target. The Subversive for Target collection will be available at select Target stores nationwide and at Target.com March 23 through July 20, 2008.

The Subversive for Target collection plays on the idea that more is more, and each piece is designed with a concept behind it, so it is both visual and thoughtful. This collection includes an eclectic mix of charm bracelets, delicate drop earrings and bold multi-color block necklaces. Key pieces include the jeweled locket fringe necklace, the tri-strand faux pearl necklace and the red butterfly brooch cuff bracelet. The exclusive Subversive for Target collection ranges in price from $14.99 to $59.99.

Justin Giunta designs each unique piece of Subversive jewelry and has worked in different mediums over the past five years, ranging from painting, fashion, industrial design and jewelry, to create work that sits on the continuum of fine art and commercial design. Most recently, Giunta was honored as a CFDA/Vogue fashion fund finalist and was awarded the inaugural accessories prize from the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation.

26-02-2008
V.I.P.

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/...m.aspx?id=7275

10 images here...

i've never heard of this designer...has anyone else?

26-02-2008
The future is stupid

Hi Lucy...sure! we have a thread on Justin here
I don't shop Target but I'll def go have a look when the collection comes out

thanks for the info

26-02-2008
V.I.P.

yay! i just checked that thread and i love his work!

i think the target collaboration will number about 50 pieces!! (that was around the size of the dominique cohen collaboration)

i love the bee and bug references....

i love the gold toned layer cluster necklace...

26-02-2008
Stitch:the Hand

oh that's brilliant stuff! i am all for his pieces being a bit more accessible(always wanted something but never can afford it)even though i am not for selling out but i think the aforementioned is his intention. i might buy the whole collection actually....give a few pieces to my sister and keep a couple of those neckpieces especially look 2 and 7....probably the more unisex of the lot. his stuff being there is probably the only line i'm actually,genuinely excited about.

26-02-2008
Stitch:the Hand

and i'm happy he hasn't lost his spirit or toned his aesthetics down in doing this endeavour. everything looks as close to what he's doing in his main collections.

thanks lucy!

26-02-2008
V.I.P.

i agree, this collection is not as subdued as the dominique cohen collection was. i think it takes more risks...

these layered necklaces are going to look terrific over black sheath dresses. i cant wait...

26-02-2008
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I'm excited for this. Subversive makes some of the most interesting jewelry I have seen and have seen used on shoots. There is always so much work and time put into the pieces...

26-02-2008
front row

i love this and am so excited! justin giunta's jewelry is wonderful and this has kept the same spirit of his main line. plus, the designer target jewelry collabos seem to be of better quality than the clothing and accessories ones...dominique cohen was not really my taste, but i found that the materials and quality for her work were really quite decent. so i have high hopes for this.

26-02-2008
backstage pass

OH WOOOOOOOOOW.

Way to go, Target!!!!

26-02-2008
tfs star

I LOVE THIS!!!! the first two necklaces are especially great

Of too many minds

Thanks for the info, Lucy!
I am excited about this, I love Subversive jewelery and this collection definitely has some good pieces from the pictures.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
27-02-2008
backstage pass

This looks lovely

28-02-2008
trendsetter

I was sooo excited to hear about this. Being someone who designs jewelry - it is always nice to see hot collaborations =)

I think it is fitting for Justin - because while I love the design behind his main line (original, gothic and beautiful) - I do not see the point in paying $1000 for one of his necklaces when its all costume (meaning brass, nickel, plastic, etc).

This is a perfect venture for him - because it combines his design with his true media

29-02-2008
scenester

One store in my area has the Subversive stuff already. I bought the post earrings with the birds and bees. Cute stuff!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
subversive, target