How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmetro
and if ur buyin a monogrammed LV...ur askin to get robbed...hehe
It's like writing "please tear me open and help yourself" on your luggage.

My Mom went crazy for the Diane Von Furstenburg luggage, so we have a whole set of black on burgundy leaf jacquard and a set of black ultrasuede, the ultrasuede is mine (I wouldnt be caught dead with the leaves). It's really nice quality, nicely sized, very well thoughtout, oh and it's light but not cheap.

13-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmetro
and if ur buyin a monogrammed LV...ur askin to get robbed...hehe
Definitely. Remember there is no real safeguard against people taking your luggage, and if you're carrying LV monogram luggage, any theif is going to assume that you're carrying something good.

13-06-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

Goyard trunks/suitcases are the best...esp. if you have your own PJ..soo chic! you can also get them monogramed with ur name or anything u want!

13-06-2005
tfs star

I am traveling a lot this summer. First I'm going to Washington DC and then to Europe. For my 22 europe tour they recommend taking this thing called the "travel backpack" It opens like a suitcase and it carries like a backpack

wabisabi*

anyone have a favorite toiletry bag?

13-06-2005
blue

[img]//cdn.llbean.com/images/sorry_prod_horizontal.gif[/img]View larger photo

colors..

llbean?

V.I.P.

I hate the typical LV suitcases its like.. everybody has them and the 50% are fake!! so I'd rather buy some other ones like dior or something because the LV they don't shine the same happend with purses

Adorable illusion

For suitcases, or more weekender bags, I love the vintage gladstone or doctor bags. They are quite large, but more suited for the weekend. They look very classy in my opinion and they are probably where LV got their retro inspiration from for their Suhali range.

14-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
I am traveling a lot this summer. First I'm going to Washington DC and then to Europe. For my 22 europe tour they recommend taking this thing called the "travel backpack" It opens like a suitcase and it carries like a backpack
do you have a link to an example?

As for toiletry kits, I'm currently using the Spacepak:toiletry from Flight001
http://www.flight001.com/trip.htm?vi...mid=673&step=0
its pretty good, except I would prefer the outer shell to be more water resistant (haven't had an issue yet, but I can forsee it as a possibility for trouble).

14-06-2005
tfs star

the thing is I can't find one!

Fierce Flava

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I'd never buy expensive luggage, I travel very often and have had mysterious oil stains at the bottom of my suitcases, I guess from unloading them onto dirty tarmac. If you have seen how they treat luggage at airports, you would buy the cheapest and then in black. Attach a colored ribbon for identification.
Agreed. I just came from a long trek...From Los Angeles to Tokyo I saw my bag being loaded on the plane and just being thrown in when I have a sticker on there saying fragile on my little one which had some delicate goods...(maybe I should have written it on there in Japanese too )

Then when I arrived in Philippines my bigger luggage came back with the handle broken when I put a sticker on there "heavy- avoid carrying from handle" My fault though slightly...your luggage should be only 70lbs....mine was weighing in at 103 (Even more coming back home but they were nice and let me go even though we were waaay over the limit).They were stained on the back and the handles and wheels have odd deep scratches....now they look old when they were brand new before the trek.

14-06-2005
front row

I bought some Samsonite luggage from Sam's Club for traveling on planes... I used it to go to NYC and it got so messed up, but it's black and huge and perfect for trips for car trips I use nice leather weekend bags.

27-07-2005
V.I.P.

I have a Louis Vuitton Keepall Monogram and I use it as a carry on, and to be honest i dont care if people think its a fake because I know it isnt fake and i think thats all that counts...and im sure if someone was intrested in Louis Vuitton they would know if its real or not. Nevertheless this will happen with anything really, i guess that someone out there will always presume its fake

Anyway heres some other suitcases...

All Louis Vuitton Above

and i just had to put this on
what if it had a accident

27-07-2005
front row

I've seen the Dooney and Bourke heart trunks while at the airport... and they are pretty hideous. Especially when you see grown women toting them around

I agree that it isn't wise to use luxury luggage unless it's a carry on where you can keep an eye on it. If I were a theif, I would go straight for the LV cases. I mean, they figure if you have the money for LV luggage, you have the money for many other expensive things within the luggage.

And the bags that Diorling mentioned, the DVF, are a very nice quality, come in nice designs... and I found my carry on at Marshalls for 60 bucks, in black suede. They also had the matching cosmetics/toiletries case (a wonderful size and shape) for 40 dollars.

V.I.P.

I have a cheapo set of suitcase ... i think the biggest one was only £150. They are plastic so they dontget banged about too much. They have cowprint on them. They are cute and stand out at the airport.
But dont attract to much attention to say " look at me im an expensive designer suitcase, with expensive things inside please steal me !!" this has happned to me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suitcases