How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
I have a cheapo set of suitcase ... i think the biggest one was only £150. They are plastic so they dontget banged about too much. They have cowprint on them. They are cute and stand out at the airport.
But dont attract to much attention to say " look at me im an expensive designer suitcase, with expensive things inside please steal me !!" this has happned to me
..what did you have stolen

27-07-2005
V.I.P.

I had a set of 4 suitcases 2 big ones a medium one and a holdall weekender type bag ... as a well as my vanity case. the medium suitcase got stolen luckily though i had the otehrs and id packed things across the suitcases so all my case had some clothes underwear sleepwear etc. so if something did go awol then id still have the others.
There were about 10 tops, 5 pairs of pants, 5 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of pj's and a bikini were stolen as well as the case, which was a expensive one of a kind case i got made for me in a soft leather with my initials on it.

27-07-2005
Frozen irony.

I actually like the gold Prada one, it seems to have a 'matte' gold finish which i like, but there is no way i am buying a suitcase that screams 'steal me!'

I am always really scared that my suitcase will get stolen at airports, so i try to have a suitcase which is as low-key as possible.

Samsonite is good.

27-07-2005
front row

My parents have had Hartmann luggage for over 20 years and I guess this classic style grew on me!

I have a tweed carry-on rolling bag like this:

28-07-2005
tfs star

I was recentely at the air port in DC and all I saw was black rectangle ones like the one aboove and I realized, if I need to get something then it has to not be black..and by reading your posts it has to not show wealth..how about a tumi?

V.I.P.

tumi is a good investment... they're durable, very practical. i like to have something more fun as my carryon though...

28-07-2005
front row

i just have to second the llbean toiletry case. they may not be the sexiest things around, but they are very very functional and come in lots of sizes. i have two.

regarding luggage, i would not pay crazy $ for a name brand, personally. my primary suitcase is really fabulous quality (i travel a lot and have had it for 5-6 years) and i think i paid $150 for it and a carry-on to match (which my husband uses). it's heavy-duty nylon with great wheels.

as a carry-on, i usually use a big custom-made fabric tote. it's light, and i can throw it in the washing machine when i get home. it's all about function when i travel...

but if i had a private jet and someone to carry my bags, well... :p

28-07-2005
backstage pass

I like to carry a seperate toiletry case what used to be known as a dressing case.

Charles Baudelaire
29-07-2005
front row

i'm also looking for a cute carry-on trolly bag, light and cute (stands out)
any suggestions?

For weekends, I saw a pic once of Gwen Stefani with these real nice looking red bags (they were roundish)...not sure if they were LV's.....ahem sorry I cant find a pic...anyone have any idea what Im talking about?

30-10-2005
rising star

I travel a *lot*. I've always had cheap suitcases -the most expensive would be a Samsonite. so far, knock on wood - nothing stolen. then again I carry on anything expensive. if I didn't travel so much I could have a red crocodile Hermes Birkin bag by now - and that's just from the past two years of vacations - I think I'm glad I chose the vacations!

agreed - LV and the like are for private jets. you really don't want to know what the crew or Homeland Security may do with checked bags.

30-10-2005
backstage pass

Well this thread is great for me because I live out of my luggage (literally). MY luggage is like my closet/dresser. I have 2 navy rolling suitcases, a rolling duffel and a mini duffel. And they are what I keep all my clothes, shoes, bags/purses, makeup, toiletries, and hair stuff in. And they go with me evrywhere so they are very important. When I bought my luggage set, at first i wanted something really fun and cute but then my friend who had really gorgeous luggage got hers stolen so I settled for something more average. However my creative side got the best of me and I bought a silver permanent marker and decorated the luggage. I wrote little poems and drew drawings that reflected my travels and my life. I was afraid it would all come out looking cheap/cheesy but it actually came out looking quite artsy and it reflected me fabulously.

16-01-2006
tfs star

its ALL about the LV luggage

V.I.P.

Coach has luggage and Im gonna get the wheeled trolley. In the black Minisignature, Im hoping noone will steal it. Also we have duffles and stuff, I cant justify all that but I do want it.

We also had a Jumbo signature wheeled trolley with a foot long python stripe down the front pocket with paprika suede on either side, part of our Exotic Stripe collection, it cost $1,200. Only 500 were made. It sold out in a matter of days. Python on luggage!?! That's a little over the top.

Last edited by Diorling; 17-01-2006 at 12:46 AM.
17-01-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

buy fake lv and let the baggage handlers rip them to shreds....

12-06-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8 View Post
buy fake lv and let the baggage handlers rip them to shreds....

I know this is an old thread but once i read this, i couldnt stop laughing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suitcases