How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2005
trendsetter

Suitcases
I am in need of new suit cases, carryon bags. Something that will last us for about 5-8 yrs. I was thinking LV, but it seems to be everywhere. please suggest something. thanx

11-02-2005
scenester

You looking for style or function?

check out Tumi.

11-02-2005
trendsetter

I would say both, but I really want style.

12-02-2005
blue

check out some globe trotter luggages

12-02-2005
rising star

I you want style an functionality try rimowa or Goyard. Although i still like the LV series(especially in red epi leather )

wabisabi*

tumi luggages are excellent. i've been using mine to lug things to and from school and abroad for the past 4 years.

12-02-2005
scenester

Brics is great looking good quality luggage at a good price point. I always notice it in movies...T Anthony is preferred by NY socialites. Prada Daino line is great for carry-ons.

12-02-2005
V.I.P.

love t anthony...although my LV has served me well over the years. i would choose tumi for checkin luggage, not carryon..

24-05-2005
front row

From one road warrior....get function over looks.....I find my LV rollaway luggage to be heavy and lacking in storage capacity....I prefer Sharper Image bags....better to be discreet if you are checking in a bag with high end items in it than in an LV which is screaming to be stolen...For a prettier and functional look...I also like Brighton brand luggage...they have more gingerbread than the typical business man's suitcase...much more feminine and fun!!!!

24-05-2005
front row

i like lv, but i wouldn't buy the monogram canvas luggage, the epi is nicer.
it looks fab, but like hermesfreak said, i'd be too afraid that it might get stolen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg luggage.jpg (16.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by *JJ*; 24-05-2005 at 03:25 PM.
24-05-2005
slightly dizzy

When I travel, I want luggage that is anonymous so as not to attract attention. I certainly agree that obviously expensive luggage can be risky...

If I was rich and travelling in a private jet, I wouldn't hesitate to buy some really gorgeous luggage.

24-05-2005
tfs star

I wouldn't want to buy nice LV suitcases because I would be afraid they would get banged up, you know?

front row

I'd never buy expensive luggage, I travel very often and have had mysterious oil stains at the bottom of my suitcases, I guess from unloading them onto dirty tarmac. If you have seen how they treat luggage at airports, you would buy the cheapest and then in black. Attach a colored ribbon for identification.

25-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I'd never buy expensive luggage, I travel very often and have had mysterious oil stains at the bottom of my suitcases, I guess from unloading them onto dirty tarmac. If you have seen how they treat luggage at airports, you would buy the cheapest and then in black. Attach a colored ribbon for identification.
completely agree. the only expensive luggage i'd ever buy would be something i could use as a carry-on.

13-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny5150
You looking for style or function?
check out Tumi.
There is a design flaw with any Tumi luggage case w/ a recessed handle. If the bag is ever so slightly overly packed the spring mechanism isn't able to release the handle - leaving you unable to "cart" it.

I have a feelin that TUMI isn't so thorough with their testing standards (anymore?), and as it is very commercial will just release designs into production..

I'm not certain whether this thread is dicussin suitcases or luggage, but all flight crews seem to swear by TravelPro (http://www.travelpro.com/). Take a look around the airport...every pilot is luggin one around. Nondescript and very functional.

and if ur buyin a monogrammed LV...ur askin to get robbed...hehe

Last edited by unmetro; 13-06-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suitcases