How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2008
front row

it's the person that makes the piece unique. if we let the fact that others may have the same piece dictate what we wear (or in this case, DON'T wear) we are sacrificing our own style in a way. Limiting ourselves. we can each make a piece, no matter how mass produced, our own. just take a look at some of the street style photos. there are many "favourite" outfits on there that contain "trendy" items, yet on each person it looks individual.

we can make things our own. THAT is the sign of good style, not just having something that no one else does (nothing against your mother) but just in general, in response to your comment.

01-02-2008
trendsetter

Since I started designing jewelery, I've realized that any designer sterling silver jewelry is disgustingly overpriced - beyond that of any fashion designer.

This bracelet for example.

They use this type of chain on everything. $180 for a bracelet, $280 for a necklace. They sell the EXACT same chain in midtown manhattan for $14/foot =(

source: flickr.com

01-02-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesea View Post
it's the person that makes the piece unique. if we let the fact that others may have the same piece dictate what we wear (or in this case, DON'T wear) we are sacrificing our own style in a way. Limiting ourselves. we can each make a piece, no matter how mass produced, our own. just take a look at some of the street style photos. there are many "favourite" outfits on there that contain "trendy" items, yet on each person it looks individual.

we can make things our own. THAT is the sign of good style, not just having something that no one else does (nothing against your mother) but just in general, in response to your comment.

I was specifically referring to jewellery, I don't know why you brought clothing into this. I shop at H&M and am able to make items from there my own.
I just don't see what is so special in having a return to Tiffany bracelet, and 'treasuring' it, even if you don't wear it like everyone else does.. it's so overdone. Jewellery is (in most cases) passed down from generation to generation.. but giving someone an item of jewellery that they can easily attain themselves makes the whole concept less special.
This is just how I view this... if you're interested in mass market (and in this case, low quality) silver, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat, as they say.

02-02-2008
front row

^ hmm, that's a weird limitation you put on jewelry. not everyone is going to invest in jewelry. to many, it's a favourite FASHION piece. i just commented on it because i found you had this logic towards this pariticular piece, yet don't apply the same to other things. but i hope others will not feel like their Tiffany pieces are inferior and "low quality".

V.I.P.

I love that they always have something affordable for any occasion. I have a pearl necklace from them...

20-02-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

i love, love, love, LOVE my post ball tiffany earrings to death.

23-02-2008
rising star

I love the SS mesh bracelet w/ diamonds that my husband gifted me last Christmas. So beautiful!

26-02-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd1187 View Post
Since I started designing jewelery, I've realized that any designer sterling silver jewelry is disgustingly overpriced - beyond that of any fashion designer.

This bracelet for example.

They use this type of chain on everything. $180 for a bracelet, $280 for a necklace. They sell the EXACT same chain in midtown manhattan for $14/foot =(

source: flickr.com
That's so true. If you are going to buy something that ridiculously overpriced make sure it's extremely beautiful or unique. I'd personally rather just buy gold.

03-03-2008
front row

i have the oval return to t&c choker. I have not seen anyone else but me wearing it here

03-03-2008
trendsetter

I have the return to tiffany oval tag bracelet with my name engraved on the back. I love it to bits.

windowshopping

I'm probably the only girl in the world who doesn't care for Tiffany & Co

03-03-2008
catch me if you can

I went to Tiffany's yesterday and was browsing at the rings. Their newest engagement ring, the Tiffany Novo was gorgeous, I was drooling all over!

front row

This is my Tiffany's Necklace the boyfriend got me for christmas. I'm in love with it. And he's already pretty much agreed to get me a one of their gold engagement rings. What a guy!!

Source: Tiffany & Co

05-02-2009
rising star

I have been given the choice to ANY engagement ring-

and I'm after the 2.2 carat platinum setting brilliant cut diamond ring (as I have always dreamed lol), just one big stone thats it from Tiffanys... is it worth it? of you think I should looking into another jeweler ??

06-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by orang3leaves View Post
I'm probably the only girl in the world who doesn't care for Tiffany & Co

Me neither. I have a few sterling bracelets that I got back in highschool and a cuff. But the prices are now astronomical! When I bought the 1837 cuff I think it was $350 usd; now it's $500

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jewelry, tiffany, watches