How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2004
seagreen serenades

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jan 17th, 2004 - 9:57 pm
purple opaques are also faves (havent found the perfect shade of purple yet but i'm working on it)
Oh I know the feeling all too well, but, I finally found the purple of my dreams last week

18-01-2004
tfs star

I couldn't find them too at first here in holland! So i bought some really pretty purple-coloured (ribbed) normal tights and cut the feet off and polished it with nailpolish so it wouldn't tear.. and now sudenly they are in all stores

19-01-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 17th, 2004 - 5:01 pm
Here are two sites I got from a mod page...
http://www.ezhosiery.com/
http://www.redhaze.co.uk/
cool!

Yay these are all great sites!

thanks guys

27-09-2004
windowshopping

I just bought some MOD Pink tights for 2.00 regular 12.00.
But now what do I wear with. Help Please!!!!!!!!!!

27-09-2004
V.I.P.

Anything you darn well like, really. All black, all white, black with pink, white with pink... I would let the tights be your highlight though. If you're brave and have decent legs, go for a mini, but keep your top covered up. And maybe some fun earrings to match. I personally am slightly in love with my collection of tights... Have tons of fun wearing them.
Oh- I nearly forgot tutus! A black one would look fantastic with your tights, if they're a brighter shade. I'd only attempt one if you're not too old though. And layering, too. What I sometimes like to do if, if you have black and white striped as well, is to have the pink under the other. I had better stop being so excited now.

27-09-2004
front row

Are they just standard opaque tights?

I have a pair of hot pink and they're fun to throw into an outfit to punch it up.

You could of course wear them with a basic black shift dress and black flats or black knee high boots, or with a denim mini, pointy flats and a cute 80s style sweater. Another idea I like is to wear them with really rugged winter boots (something along the lines of mukluks or those Steve Madden "iglou" boots from last winter), a tattered denim mini skirt and a preppy cable knit sweater or something like that.

28-09-2004
rising star

Follow the '60 mood, wear the tights with short dresses, plastic acessories and nice flat shoes, as Twiggy. Or wear the pink tights with a casual outfit like denim skirt, handmade pullover and thick scarf, a poncho and a pair of boots, like Uggs.

28-09-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Black fishnets over them would be really, really, really cool, especially with a little short black skirt and either black flats or little, flat-heeled black ankleboots.

front row

Try wearing the pinky's with green, I think that green and pink are great colors together

backstage pass

Tights And Stockings
I really love tights, stockings, etc and I was wondering where you guys find yours. I'm especially looking for unusual, interesting colors, but I don't know where to find the colors I want or what prices I should expect at various stores.

For example, I love this look, which relies on the unique color combination of the reddish orange stockings and scarf with the violet dress. Where could I find these stockings (and the scarf, come to think of it) and what prices should I expect? They're Anna Molinari a/w 04, I believe.

Another designer (the picture was posted somewhere on this site but I don't know where...) paired opaque teal stockings with black lacy stockings and it was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could find the picture...

So...please post sites that sell great leg coverings, stores that sell them, pictures of great usages, opinions...anything goes. I'm sure that you guys will come up with some great pictures.

03-10-2004
backstage pass

Shoot, I just found a similar thread here. It still isn't the same (especially because it doesn't answer my question about the Anna Molinari ones ), but it's helpful and has some pretty pictures. Let's add to the list of sources and pictures!

03-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

ok...i agree about wolford...best clours and feel so soft...but pricey...
look of london has great funky colours and textures
topshop has a slew of them

i will also add fogal...almost as pricey as wolford...but incredible colours...

capezio is great for black tights...about $20 but you can wear them for a whole season...very durable...and half the price of wolford or fogal...

banana republic actually has some great purple and textured tights right now...better in the stores than online...

03-10-2004
backstage pass

Thanks, softgrey! I'll check those out for sure.

03-10-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I get most of my tights at Target. Target has some extremely nifty colored fishnets this year! I also got some sweet striped sweater-tights with a vertical rib. The striped pattern is tan, brown, sage green, white, sky blue, and a very thin black stripe.

They have great black tights with patterns like a cable-knit and one with an argyle pattern.

Reanimated

If you're in the US, eloes, I'd check out your local 2nds stores (I don't know what else to call them- overstock stores maybe?) -stores like Odd Jobs, Big Lots, even TJ Max or Marshalls. In NYC, we have Dee and Dee which is the lower end of these kind of stores and they have tights form the 60s- 70s - 80s- the pakaging is so great and they are cheap! I have alot of differnt kinds- even a pair the color of a yellow highlighter Wolford does make great hosiery, but nylon is nylon and they get snags and runs before they live up to the 30 ++ bucks I spent on them.

PS- I think that the Molinari ones you posted are semi-sheer, so if they have a denier marked, go for #30 or lower

Calvin Klein makes incredibly soft, semi-sheer tights if you find them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
stockings, tights