How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-03-2005
  16
front row
 
PinkSunrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right Where I need to be/Victoria Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 226
cloud9, i would go with the vernis..in whichever color you prefer.

__________________
..In matters of grave importance, style is the vital thing..
It is not money that makes you well dressed..it is understanding
  Reply With Quote
 
22-03-2005
  17
trendsetter
 
LaceFab4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Buffalo
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
I bought it about 4 years ago and it was $800+. when I told my husband he was like
Haha!^ I told my brother that I spent $500 on a pair of Neel shoes and he just stared at me! Oh well!

__________________
Living is easy with eyes close, misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone, but it all works out, it doesn't matter much to me...- Strawberry Fields Forever
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  18
Frozen irony.
 
pucci_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,995
I love the glace leather as well, cloud9 is really beutiful!

And it stands out as well, would get it in dark cocolat.

Nice

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  19
blue
 
cloud9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
I love the glace leather as well, cloud9 is really beutiful!

And it stands out as well, would get it in dark cocolat.

Nice
AND its the cheapest of those three...

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  20
Frozen irony.
 
pucci_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,995
What about some croc wallets?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010482_croc3_1.jpg (69.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1010124_croc_new_2_2.jpg (78.2 KB, 9 views)

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  21
Frozen irony.
 
pucci_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,995
They are horrible arent they?

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  22
V.I.P.
 
Diorling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,725
^ Not really, that gave me an idea. My friend has a seafoam Dooney & Bourke Croc wallet, it is absolute heaven. It's cheap (compared to others you're considering) and absolutely gorgeous. $195.00

That's the wallet.


Thats the seafoam.


All the colors in the Nile are fantastic, it's the best collection Dooney & Bourke has.

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  23
Frozen irony.
 
pucci_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,995
^ That seafoam colour is gorgeus! The wallet is to die for! I want one NOW.

Do they ship to the U.K?

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  24
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
im debating between these...
this vernis wallet in peppermint or hot pink

or these epi / monogram glace?
the glace one is actually a mens wallet but i love the glace leather so much!


I have that glace one and the epi one (in mandarin though), they are both great, but I prefer the epi. No matter what you do though, do not get the vernis. Everyone I know who has a vernis wallet hates it. It apparently is very fragile, colors transfer onto it, and it gets scratched easy.

__________________
"She said I was having a nervous breakdown and should go to Atlantic City. I'm not that broken down yet!"
  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  25
blue
 
cloud9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
I have that glace one and the epi one (in mandarin though), they are both great, but I prefer the epi. No matter what you do though, do not get the vernis. Everyone I know who has a vernis wallet hates it. It apparently is very fragile, colors transfer onto it, and it gets scratched easy.
thanks for the advice
can you tell me why you prefer the epi one though?
is it the shape? or is it the material...???

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  26
tfs star
 
jayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: euro trash
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,632
Check out http://www.montblanc.com thats real good leather.

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  27
blue
 
cloud9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
^ Not really, that gave me an idea. My friend has a seafoam Dooney & Bourke Croc wallet, it is absolute heaven. It's cheap (compared to others you're considering) and absolutely gorgeous. $195.00
That's the wallet.
Thats the seafoam.

All the colors in the Nile are fantastic, it's the best collection Dooney & Bourke has.
oh wow. what a surprise...something nice from d&b
i dont liek the wallet, it looks bulky and im looking for a mid sized one so the one you posted is too big...
but i like that bag...!! their colors are gorgeous..
seafoam and grape are

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  28
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
thanks for the advice
can you tell me why you prefer the epi one though?
is it the shape? or is it the material...???
It is easier to use because the snap on the outside pops open easier than the ones on the inside of glace wallet (if the one you are looking at does not have the snaps, I still think the Epi is better because the snap gives security), and it is more durable. I also like the understated quality that Epi has, and the colors are fun.

__________________
"She said I was having a nervous breakdown and should go to Atlantic City. I'm not that broken down yet!"
  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  29
blue
 
cloud9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
It is easier to use because the snap on the outside pops open easier than the ones on the inside of glace wallet (if the one you are looking at does not have the snaps, I still think the Epi is better because the snap gives security), and it is more durable. I also like the understated quality that Epi has, and the colors are fun.
i see.. thanks!

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  30
rising star
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 176
I would love to find and buy a LV mashmallow vernis wallet, BUT, I know it would "never" take my abuse. It would have pen marks, etc, on it. I'm definitely leaning toward the LV epi in black, although I absolutely think orange is a hottest color out right now in the epi line.

Maxi

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wallets
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.