How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-03-2005
fashion insider

Are exotic skin wallets too flashy/tacky? I don't know if I should get a ostrich or croc wallet from Bottega, a lizard one from Barneys, the patent stripy Dior homme wallet, or a simple Comme des Garson...any suggestions, please?

24-03-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
Are exotic skin wallets too flashy/tacky? I don't know if I should get a ostrich or croc wallet from Bottega, a lizard one from Barneys, the patent stripy Dior homme wallet, or a simple Comme des Garson...any suggestions, please?
i'm wondering the same thing as well

24-03-2005
blue

i dont think its tacky.
what size are you considering though?
i like the idea of an ostrich wallet for guys.. seems cool
got pictures?

25-03-2005
windowshopping

i have a candy novacheck wallet... not exactly practical but cute! it's the first nice wallet i've ever had. i recently saw a glace wallet and it is gorgeous (especially considering i'm not a fan of lv)!

25-03-2005
front row

aquadisia, i love that wallet..its so cute, . When did you get it?

25-03-2005
V.I.P.

aquadisia, thats one of the few times where a Burberry Nova Check is used tastefully, I congratulate you.

25-03-2005
windowshopping

hehe thanks! i got it july 2004 at burberry lenox. actually, my bf got it for me as a i-am-gravely-sorry gift because he accidently reformatted my computer (lost 160 gigs of music, pictures, movies, etc )

26-03-2005
windowshopping

I agree about the LV Epi leather...I have a Red Epi Porte' Tresor and a black Pochette (which I've had for about 10 years) and they are so durable and still look like new.

I bought a copper Vernis wallet, and within 3 months it was peeling at the corners!! What a waste. Don't buy anything in the Vernis unless it is just going to be a VERY occasional usage item.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
^ Not really, that gave me an idea. My friend has a seafoam Dooney & Bourke Croc wallet, it is absolute heaven. It's cheap (compared to others you're considering) and absolutely gorgeous. $195.00

All the colors in the Nile are fantastic, it's the best collection Dooney & Bourke has.
i completely agree with you about the nile line... i was in dooney today and totally melting over that duffle you posted... it's HUGE! i'm hopefully going to be buying it soon, in black (i saw it and danced around with it and it's absoltuley gorgeous ) .... i'm thinking that it can be the bag i use to fill in the void until i get my crocodile dior detective bag... i might get the matching wallet that your friend has in black as well... but i'm not sure...

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
They are horrible arent they?
actually, i don't think so... i like those crocodile wallets you posted. the long one would be really nice in black or burgundy.

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
I bought it about 4 years ago and it was $800+. when I told my husband he was like
that's completely outlandish for a wallet ... even though i'm sure the quality craftsmanship and durability of hermès somehow makes it worth it... i'd really be scared to find out how much that wallet's going for now.

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

i've been wanting this dior wallet really badly, but i doubt i'll ever get it ...

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can get this dior wallet ... i love it so much

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
i completely agree with you about the nile line... i was in dooney today and totally melting over that duffle you posted... it's HUGE! i'm hopefully going to be buying it soon, in black (i saw it and danced around with it and it's absoltuley gorgeous ) .... i'm thinking that it can be the bag i use to fill in the void until i get my crocodile dior detective bag... i might get the matching wallet that your friend has in black as well... but i'm not sure...
Wow, today I saw the duffle at Macy's in black, I told my Mommy how much I wanted it so she was like how much is it and when the woman told her she looked at me as if I had two heads then came the lecture about how much I want something then when I get it I hate it and never use it...Bia

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

diorling

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wallets