How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2005
rising star

Wallets
We all talk about our handbags and the ones we will be purchasing, but I don't see anything about wallets. I, myself, have a no brand wallet and would like to get a really nice one. I have been looking at Louis Vuitton Epi and Chanel, but that's as far as I get - looking. What wallet(s) does everyone carry in their bags. Also, are you happy with them.

Maxi

22-03-2005
fashion elite

I am currently carrying this Hermes Dogon
it's beautiful and indestructible, but insanely expensive and not entirely practical. it does double as a nice clutch though. but it's huge and forces me to carry huge bags.

22-03-2005
rising star

^^^That Hermes is beautiful! Does it hold a checkbook and register?

Maxi

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

I'm using an orange LV epi checkbook wallet right now. I love it... I'm prone to losing EVERYTHING and not closing or zipping up my wallets after I take something out, but this one has been so easy to use.

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

Maxi, Chanel has these wallets in slik with No5 and all of the typical Chanel trademarks thrown onto it, they are off the chains but as expensive as thier lambskin wallets.

I don't carry a wallet, I have a money clip which keeps everything I need in order and ULTRA slim, which is a big deal for me.

22-03-2005
rising star

meowmix, the orange epi is the same one I am debating on.

dioling, I bet the silk chanel is gorgeous, but I'd be afraid I'd ruin it fast. I need something that can really take a beating - that is why I never invested in an expensive wallet before, however, when I take a client out to lunch or dinner, I need something really nice.

Maxi

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

I think the epi is great... the change pouch is easy to close and so is the entire wallet so there's not much fuss. I always hated when I'd spend forever trying to get my bills and change in order when i'm using cash or even if i'm just pulling out a credit card. It's also very sturdy and hasn't gotten dirty even though I beat it up pretty badly.

22-03-2005
fashion elite

I am using an LV monogram wallet with a change pouch-which is a must for me- its is a
little bulky but its great!

22-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi
^^^That Hermes is beautiful! Does it hold a checkbook and register?

Maxi
it holds the kitchen sink, which is part of the problem. not really practical at all but it's beautiful. fashion over function. I used to have this wallet and it was great -- compact but roomy.

the LV Epi line is truly fantastic too. really pretty yet indestructuble. I've had this agenda for 10 years and it still looks brand new

22-03-2005
rising star

I think I'm going to defintiely get a LV epi wallet. I have an epi makeup bag and a backpack and just love them . They actually can take a beating and look just as good as the day I bought them.

Maxi

22-03-2005
rising star

One question for those of you who have LV wallets. Is it the Tresor Wallet that has room for checkbook and register?

Thanks,
Maxi

22-03-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
it's beautiful and indestructible, but insanely expensive and not entirely practical. it does double as a nice clutch though. but it's huge and forces me to carry huge bags.
oh my god... you have that!?!?!!
thats my dream wallet....
(funny.. not only do i have many dream bags.. i even have dream wallets on my list of to-purchase list...) i wont be able to afford it for a WHILE though..

anyways.
im using a mid sized black leather prada wallet.
simple black leather with silver hardware. (its not the ugly triangle prada logo crap )
its kinda old actually.. ive been carrying it since i was 16 or so, and im thinking about buying a new wallet... im leaning towards LV...

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
how much does it run for out of curiosity???

22-03-2005
blue

im debating between these...
this vernis wallet in peppermint or hot pink

or these epi / monogram glace?
the glace one is actually a mens wallet but i love the glace leather so much!

22-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssy4eva
how much does it run for out of curiosity???
I bought it about 4 years ago and it was $800+. when I told my husband he was like

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wallets