How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / More Accessories
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-12-2007
rising star

Love Wolford.. The only tights I have by them are the "Polar" tights in black (amazing in freezing weather).. Last time I was there I saw sheer dark tights with designs above the knee (hard to describe)..They were on clearance for $15 or so.. That was a while ago, but I hope they are still there.

I think I saw something in another thread about people finding Wolford tights for cheap at TJ Maxx?

31-12-2007
front row

Wolford IS so worth it! You're right gracelikerain - those Polar tights are AWESOME. So warm, so cozy...

I also have a pair of the opaque tights in black. The first day I wore them it was rainy and I had to wear my rainboots on my walk to work. The boots rubbed against my calves and pilled up the tights, so now I can only wear the tights with boots. They look great with boots (and not just rainboots, of course), luckily.

Silly me...

03-01-2008
?

What black Wolford tights would be good for Spring use? I want them to be opaque but, obviously, quite lightweight.

windowshopping

We bought some Wolford stockings for a fashion parade cos we were told they are very good quality, could last for years and years...
I didnt wear them personally but the service at the shop was the top. The lady was really nice although we just went in like a newbie

09-01-2008
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaMare View Post
What black Wolford tights would be good for Spring use? I want them to be opaque but, obviously, quite lightweight.
Velvet de Luxe 66 are really great.

18-01-2008
downtown girl uptown life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama View Post
Velvet de Luxe 66 are really great.
Love those!!! I wear 'em all the time.

24-01-2008
fashion icon

JetSetGo, i saw your louboutin posts and you totally sold the tights. i'm off to buy some tomorrow. wohoo :p

24-01-2008
fashion icon

*just checking... do the bottom of the tights wear out easily with lots of use... i read somewhere that with shoes you should wear like a protective sock over the top... is that true/necessary?

24-01-2008
downtown girl uptown life

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
*just checking... do the bottom of the tights wear out easily with lots of use... i read somewhere that with shoes you should wear like a protective sock over the top... is that true/necessary?
I'm not sure about that. I haven't had problems. I'm sure wearing a sock would prolong the life of them. If I wear boots or something, I may wear socks over, but obviously not with pumps or the like.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment.
Wolford is pricey, but they are definitely special.

15-02-2008
front row

I am so tempted to get some opaques...but how 'pull resistant' are they? I am the girl who gets runs in her stockings 10 minutes after she puts them on...so I'm kind of scared to outlay $80!

15-02-2008
V.I.P.

I bought a pair of black tights with a seem on and sat on a broken radio so they got killed...I don't think i'll ever buy expensive tights again

15-02-2008
?

I've been searching for the velvet de luxe 66 tights but all the stores I've gone to have only had the 50 version.
I've been to all the big department stores here, no luck.. ended up buying a trusted pair from American Apparel instead but I still really want to try Wolford.

scenester

I just recently bought a couple pairs of the Zac Posen for Wolford tights from Bloomingdale's NYC.... GREAT purchase! Such fun, comfy tights. but then again I would expect nothing less from my wolfords

My other favorites are the Floral Net and the Velvet de Luxe.

ALSO, I saw some colored Matte Opaques in the March issue of ELLE--really awesome colors like blue and fuschia--anyone seen these around/know where to find them??

front row

I honestly prefer Falke tights to Wolford. I have a few Wolfords, but I honestly don't think they're worth the money.

10-03-2008
trendsetter

does anyone know where i can get zac posen for wolford online?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wolford