2009 : Your Resolutions! - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2009
rising star

-Stop buying clothes. I think that with all the ones I've got, I can wear something that is me, that is nice and that suits me ; and if I buy enything more, I won't know what to do with that. My closet is full of clothes I love but never wear. I want to change it because (it's my second resolution !) I want to,

-Have a life that is more simple. I should stop living with this materialistic mind and learn to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

-Take care of the ones I love. I am not sure to succeed because I'm never satisfied and I make people I love suffer a lot. I'd love to change and to be nicer to them ... But I am not sure I really can.

22-01-2009
rising star

Oh, and last but not least,

-Stop expecting anything from others. I'm always disappointed. I should rather try to find everything in myself first.

22-01-2009
chat~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennaliann View Post
Oh, and last but not least,

-Stop expecting anything from others. I'm always disappointed. I should rather try to find everything in myself first.
a very respectful resolution

22-01-2009
#Resist

Quote:
-Stop buying clothes. I think that with all the ones I've got, I can wear something that is me, that is nice and that suits me ; and if I buy enything more, I won't know what to do with that. My closet is full of clothes I love but never wear. I want to change it because (it's my second resolution !) I want to,

-Have a life that is more simple. I should stop living with this materialistic mind and learn to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

-Take care of the ones I love. I am not sure to succeed because I'm never satisfied and I make people I love suffer a lot. I'd love to change and to be nicer to them ... But I am not sure I really can.
Yes, you can

23-01-2009
backstage pass

A few resolutions that I will most likely break:

- update my blog frequently
- devote my time to learning french
- be nice to my brother
- stop buying stupid crap that I never wear

23-01-2009
rising star

Thank you all ! I love this thread. And, Roisin, if one day you're looking for a French penpal to improve your French, just send a message ;-)

23-01-2009
tfs star

^I feel like there are quite a few of us Resolvers dedicated to learning a new language (French, in many cases). I began my weekly classes at my city's French library last Saturday and am having a lovely time of it so far. I would encourage everyone else on here to step up for this resolution because it's a great one.

In addition to posting the resolutions (which I love reading), I think it might be nice to post notes on progress, as well. I'd love to know if everyone's been behaving themselves since New Year's..

23-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Thank you all ! I love this thread. And, Roisin, if one day you're looking for a French penpal to improve your French, just send a message ;-)
aww that is so sweet!! I'm starting my 2nd year of french in 3 weeks, so I will definitely keep that in mind!

fashion elite

My major one is to stop caring about so much about what other people think about what I wear. I'm still in high school meaning that I'm surrounded by Hollister/A&f/Aero/Uggs wearing girls so I will stick out if I wear the kind of clothes I do want to wear. I hate myself for not wearing most of my clothes at school because I'll stick out

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionmuse View Post
My major one is to stop caring about so much about what other people think about what I wear. I'm still in high school meaning that I'm surrounded by Hollister/A&f/Aero/Uggs wearing girls so I will stick out if I wear the kind of clothes I do want to wear. I hate myself for not wearing most of my clothes at school because I'll stick out

you should never be embarrassed about having better taste than others.

23-01-2009
fashion elite

I tell myself that like everyday I just don't like attention on me so I hate sticking out. But I would never submit myself into buying the kinds of clothes they wear

scenester

Sometimes attention is good...it opens peoples' minds a little bit. Nobody will make fun of you for looking good.

24-01-2009
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afanasi View Post
Sometimes attention is good...it opens peoples' minds a little bit. Nobody will make fun of you for looking good.
Oh, they might ... but I agree, being different is a public service.

24-01-2009
fashion insider

Good for you fashionmuse for not following the (badly dressed) crowd!

26-01-2009
rising star

This post in inspiring. I also think I shouldn't care of the opinion of the crowd ; actually I already wear everything I want but I can't help asking all my friends :"Is it ok with my clothes today ? Ain't I ridiculous ?"
I suppose everything depends from the place we live in. I am in an average town in France, and anyone who's not wearing black or grey is called eccentric.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, resolutions