2009 : Your Resolutions! - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-01-2009
  46
rising star
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 123
-Stop buying clothes. I think that with all the ones I've got, I can wear something that is me, that is nice and that suits me ; and if I buy enything more, I won't know what to do with that. My closet is full of clothes I love but never wear. I want to change it because (it's my second resolution !) I want to,

-Have a life that is more simple. I should stop living with this materialistic mind and learn to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

-Take care of the ones I love. I am not sure to succeed because I'm never satisfied and I make people I love suffer a lot. I'd love to change and to be nicer to them ... But I am not sure I really can.

  Reply With Quote
22-01-2009
  47
rising star
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 123
Oh, and last but not least,

-Stop expecting anything from others. I'm always disappointed. I should rather try to find everything in myself first.

  Reply With Quote
22-01-2009
  48
chat~
 
gius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennaliann View Post
Oh, and last but not least,

-Stop expecting anything from others. I'm always disappointed. I should rather try to find everything in myself first.
a very respectful resolution

__________________

  Reply With Quote
22-01-2009
  49
#Resist
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennaliann View Post
-Stop buying clothes. I think that with all the ones I've got, I can wear something that is me, that is nice and that suits me ; and if I buy enything more, I won't know what to do with that. My closet is full of clothes I love but never wear. I want to change it because (it's my second resolution !) I want to,

-Have a life that is more simple. I should stop living with this materialistic mind and learn to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

-Take care of the ones I love. I am not sure to succeed because I'm never satisfied and I make people I love suffer a lot. I'd love to change and to be nicer to them ... But I am not sure I really can.
Yes, you can

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
  Reply With Quote
23-01-2009
  50
backstage pass
 
roisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LA/LDN
Gender: femme
Posts: 560
A few resolutions that I will most likely break:

- update my blog frequently
- devote my time to learning french
- be nice to my brother
- stop buying stupid crap that I never wear

__________________
  Reply With Quote
 
23-01-2009
  51
rising star
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 123
Thank you all ! I love this thread. And, Roisin, if one day you're looking for a French penpal to improve your French, just send a message ;-)

  Reply With Quote
23-01-2009
  52
tfs star
 
Virginielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Orleans
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,697
^I feel like there are quite a few of us Resolvers dedicated to learning a new language (French, in many cases). I began my weekly classes at my city's French library last Saturday and am having a lovely time of it so far. I would encourage everyone else on here to step up for this resolution because it's a great one.

In addition to posting the resolutions (which I love reading), I think it might be nice to post notes on progress, as well. I'd love to know if everyone's been behaving themselves since New Year's..

  Reply With Quote
23-01-2009
  53
backstage pass
 
roisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LA/LDN
Gender: femme
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennaliann View Post
Thank you all ! I love this thread. And, Roisin, if one day you're looking for a French penpal to improve your French, just send a message ;-)
aww that is so sweet!! I'm starting my 2nd year of french in 3 weeks, so I will definitely keep that in mind!

__________________
  Reply With Quote
23-01-2009
  54
fashion elite
 
fashionmuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,906
My major one is to stop caring about so much about what other people think about what I wear. I'm still in high school meaning that I'm surrounded by Hollister/A&f/Aero/Uggs wearing girls so I will stick out if I wear the kind of clothes I do want to wear. I hate myself for not wearing most of my clothes at school because I'll stick out

__________________
fashion blog- http://www.look-closer.com
  Reply With Quote
23-01-2009
  55
scenester
 
Afanasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionmuse View Post
My major one is to stop caring about so much about what other people think about what I wear. I'm still in high school meaning that I'm surrounded by Hollister/A&f/Aero/Uggs wearing girls so I will stick out if I wear the kind of clothes I do want to wear. I hate myself for not wearing most of my clothes at school because I'll stick out

you should never be embarrassed about having better taste than others.

  Reply With Quote
23-01-2009
  56
fashion elite
 
fashionmuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,906
I tell myself that like everyday I just don't like attention on me so I hate sticking out. But I would never submit myself into buying the kinds of clothes they wear

__________________
fashion blog- http://www.look-closer.com
  Reply With Quote
24-01-2009
  57
scenester
 
Afanasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 59
Sometimes attention is good...it opens peoples' minds a little bit. Nobody will make fun of you for looking good.

  Reply With Quote
24-01-2009
  58
#Resist
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afanasi View Post
Sometimes attention is good...it opens peoples' minds a little bit. Nobody will make fun of you for looking good.
Oh, they might ... but I agree, being different is a public service.

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
  Reply With Quote
24-01-2009
  59
fashion insider
 
hautechild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York (sometimes London)
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,242
Good for you fashionmuse for not following the (badly dressed) crowd!

  Reply With Quote
26-01-2009
  60
rising star
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 123
This post in inspiring. I also think I shouldn't care of the opinion of the crowd ; actually I already wear everything I want but I can't help asking all my friends :"Is it ok with my clothes today ? Ain't I ridiculous ?"
I suppose everything depends from the place we live in. I am in an average town in France, and anyone who's not wearing black or grey is called eccentric.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, resolutions
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2017 All rights reserved.