$25,000 to redecorate your life - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-02-2009
scenester

$25,000 to redecorate your life
The View and Kimberly Clark have been having this "Room a Day" contest for a while now... you can enter up until mid March, and if you win you get a check for $25,000 that you can use to redesign a room or whatever you want. Imagine how much you could do for your personal style with an extra 25 grand! I kind of can't even visualize it myself... but I so want someone I know to win so that I can hear all about it.

http://www.roomadaygiveaway.com/index.php

backstage pass

I guess I'll give it a shot.

Never hurts to try lol.

20-02-2009
fashion icon

I'd buy as many life-sized stuffed animals as I could afford. I use to see them in Harrods and Hamleys as a child and the appeal of them has never gone away So that I could turn my house into a stuffed-animal zoo!

20-02-2009
rock-chic

I would love a mix of 'loved' & 'lived' antiques (Jacobean, Georgian & Victorian), luxury fabrics from the Far East, maybe even a few antiquities plus contemporary pieces to pull the whole, mad, totally me thing together

backstage pass

$25,000 for one room? Jeebus.. I could gut and redo my bathroom (which is fully tiled and would ba again when I'm done) and still have enough left over to completely refurnish the rest of the appartment with that.

26-02-2009
scenester

I knooow, $25,000 is so much money! Basically the way I look at it is there's nothing to lose by entering. Plus you can play their instant win game which is, I have to admit, extremely fun and addictive even without the added incentive of winning free Kleenex and stuff.

tfs star

I'd enter something like that if I had a bedroom worth entering a contest for. It was previously used for a very small office. I'd probably use up all the money just to make the room larger and wouldn't get to get any furniture or anything. If I got to do something with a reasonable size bedroom now, I'd probably make it look like something out the 20s/30s.

28-02-2009
#Resist

I entered I guess for me it would be a new bathroom or redoing the one I have. I suppose it could be the kitchen ... if I got really gorgeous restored vintage appliances and an elaborate inlaid linoleum floor, I guess I could spend that much Could replace the cabinets, but there's really no reason to, and I don't like to rip things out for the sake of doing so--not very green to say the least :p

03-03-2009
scenester

Good luck to everyone who entered! Getting really close to the deadline for entering, too. According to the fine print you don't have to spend all the money on a room, they basically just give you a check for the money. They suggest you redesign a room -- I agree that I could make over my entire apartment with that kind of cash!

Fashionista-ta, I love the idea of a restored/vintage kitchen. I love old appliances. Mostly that kind of extra money would be such a help.. who doesn't need it right now, after all?

V.I.P.

too bad it's only for US citizens
hope someone who needs the money gets them and that they spend it well...

04-03-2009
windowshopping

Everyone should enter and good luck...why not?

04-03-2009
scenester

25 grand is like winning a toothache. You keep playing with it until it's gone.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudence Pureheart View Post
25 grand is like winning a toothache. You keep playing with it until it's gone.
LOL! That is awesome -- I've never heard of that before. Though... honestly, I think I'd prefer the $25,000 to the toothache.

Has anyone else done the instant win game? I keep hoping for some free kleenex or something but so far I haven't won... but I feel like right now even if I got free home products it'd be a big help, never mind even the big grand prize. Today's the last day to enter, for anyone who meant to enter and never did! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumaffair View Post
Good luck to everyone who entered! Getting really close to the deadline for entering, too. According to the fine print you don't have to spend all the money on a room, they basically just give you a check for the money. They suggest you redesign a room -- I agree that I could make over my entire apartment with that kind of cash!

Fashionista-ta, I love the idea of a restored/vintage kitchen. I love old appliances. Mostly that kind of extra money would be such a help.. who doesn't need it right now, after all?
Well, I guess I didn't win I love them too ... I want a vintage refrigerator especially. Red would be nice

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
$25, 000, life, redecorate