The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #10 - Page 17 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

They closed down polyvore! I used their tools almost daily and now they are just a webshop and the outfit making tool is just gone! I had no idea this was happening! It is called ssense.com now...

It is as if tfs just suddently became a store, and deleted their forums in a day.

2 Weeks Ago
#Resist

^ Well, that's irritating!! ssense was already a thing ... wonder what happened.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Well, that's irritating!! ssense was already a thing ... wonder what happened.
I forgot polyvore was dead and have tried to go on their site to make a outfit two times in the last hour.

The withdrawal is going to hurt...

Polyvore did not sell clothes (just ads, I think), so I am not sure how they were competing with ssense.

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

^^Darn! That was such a handy tool. I had no clue that they had been bought (?) by ssense.

2 Weeks Ago
#Resist

Received my charcoal T today ... and the fabric does have some thickness to it, but not as much as I thought the Outnet's pix showed. I'm keeping it ...

Today I wore my Lanvin leopard pumps to work for a much-needed morale boost, and have a blister proving why I'm not supposed to do that It's sort of my fault, because I had the cobbler put in elastic at one side of the 2nd grosgrain strap that was too tight, probably because of my very high arch. And also the cobbler's fault, because in the right one, he left too much elastic on, and that's where I got the blister, in a very odd spot on my foot. Not quite sure what I'm going to do when it's time to put on shoes tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brunello charcoal T.JPG (102.9 KB, 4 views)

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Received my charcoal T today ... and the fabric does have some thickness to it, but not as much as I thought the Outnet's pix showed. I'm keeping it ...

Today I wore my Lanvin leopard pumps to work for a much-needed morale boost, and have a blister proving why I'm not supposed to do that It's sort of my fault, because I had the cobbler put in elastic at one side of the 2nd grosgrain strap that was too tight, probably because of my very high arch. And also the cobbler's fault, because in the right one, he left too much elastic on, and that's where I got the blister, in a very odd spot on my foot. Not quite sure what I'm going to do when it's time to put on shoes tomorrow
It is the weekend. Go barefoot

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

So I managed to get my hands on that Ganni dress I wanted. It is quite different to my usual darker-coloured wrap-dresses, and don't emphasize my waist as much as my other dresses - nice with something new. This will be my 4th piece this year.

Pic via samsarageilo.no
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowell2.jpg (94.2 KB, 5 views)

2 Weeks Ago
#Resist

^ Shopping victory!!! So glad you got what you wanted

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
So I managed to get my hands on that Ganni dress I wanted. It is quite different to my usual darker-coloured wrap-dresses, and don't emphasize my waist as much as my other dresses - nice with something new. This will be my 4th piece this year.

Pic via samsarageilo.no
Congrats!!

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

Thx, Ladies. I knew you'd understand

1 Week Ago
#Resist

We do indeed

How is everyone's spring shopping coming along?

Since I've already bought most of my pieces for the year, I'm planning to hold off for a few months and see how my wardrobe works out this summer. So far the weather has been flipping back and forth between cold and warm days (unusual for us at this time of year). I've still been wearing my new cashmere sweater several times recently.

I expect that if I continue to work from home two days a week, nothing can really go wrong with my wardrobe--except perhaps my loungewear, I might need to do something there as the weather gets warmer. I think in a few months I'll look for a new pair of pants.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

Hello ladies!

It's been a long time since I posted here!

I bought a pair of high heels, a classic one that can be worn to any occasions (it was on my wish list) and now I am thinking of buying another heels, the one I posted here (again. it's in my wish list) but bag comes first. I've said this that I wanted to buy a Strathberry Midi Tote Bag in black, but I found another bag ( https://eng.polene-paris.com/products/numero-1-noir ) that is cheaper and seems like quality wise, is on par with Strathberry. I like Strathberry better but Polene is cheaper and it's quite pretty actually.

Also, I found a new bag ( https://www.lanxn.com/shop/bags/gabr...-leather?v=742 ) that, quality wise, looks like better that Danse Lente Phoebe bag, though I like Phoebe's design better.

Decision.... decision.....

This is the shoes that I bought

Source: christinwu.com

Last edited by carine; 1 Week Ago at 09:32 PM.
1 Week Ago
#Resist

^ Nice shoes, carine ... the heel looks like it would probably be comfortable for walking. I love heels that turn out to have that feature!

I really like the Polene bag!! I vote for trying that one.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

fashionista-ta thank you! yes, it looks comfortable and it's pretty!

All right, Polene vs Strathberry = 1 vs 0. I don't want to regret this purchase... and I am in the middle of building my wardrobe.

Last edited by carine; 1 Week Ago at 10:57 PM.
1 Week Ago
#Resist

^ Always a good idea to have the possibility of returning it ... in my experience, if it's difficult to impossible to return, that's when you need to do it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe