The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #10 - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
So, let me guess ... I must be the only one atm buying swimwear?
For next summer? Then you are only slightly ahead of Fashionista-ta, I believe

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

No, for this summer. Finally going on vacation to South Italy in 11 days and I refuse to admit that it's already autumn here where I live.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

^Autumn is my favourite season so I packed all my summer clothes away a while ago

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
So, let me guess ... I must be the only one atm buying swimwear?
Totally eyeing a swimsuit myself

2 Weeks Ago
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
For next summer? Then you are only slightly ahead of Fashionista-ta, I believe
I'm ahead of y'all only because I count all my pieces

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

Quote:
No, for this summer. Finally going on vacation to South Italy in 11 days and I refuse to admit that it's already autumn here where I live.
Don't even mention it, it feels like we never had any Summer here and the bare thought of not getting to experience Summer again before next year makes me utterly sad.. I usually love Fall, but this year I am just not ready.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I'm ahead of y'all only because I count all my pieces
Ah, well then I am probably set for 2020 I am going to try to limit myself to 4-5 pieces this fall and try to get back on track.

I was in town and I feel like I have struck gold because I found two trousers that fit perfectly today! I rarely find even one pair that fits...

The first a pair of black wool bootcut trousers from Filippa-K. I am having them hemmed to be ankle cropped. They will go with my work suit, but I can totally see myself wearing them casually as well.

I should be set trouser-wise, especially seeing as I am having my brown wool trousers (from 2014) fitted by a tailor

So that is 2 pieces down for fall. As for boots, I did look at the Isabel Marant Dawell boots. At first I thought they were hideous, but now I think they are hideous in a good way.

1-12-24442-F17-black_black_flat1.png F17304511-00001-4_grande.jpgfww.png

Filippa-k/Samsoe/IsabelMarant

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

Score! I'm looking for trousers like that for ages. Every pair I find is of some other color than black, doesn't contain enough wool or is too thin.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Score! I'm looking for trousers like that for ages. Every pair I find is of some other color than black, doesn't contain enough wool or is too thin.
I actually found out that it is not pure wool. Filippa-K does a suit range where everything matches perfectly, so I just assumed the trousers would be the same wool as the blazer. The quality of Filippa-K trousers is so great that I can live with that it is not a pure wool though.

Edit: On third thoughts, it might be wool, but I can't check because it is at the tailors. I just assumed they were the same trousers that I found in the online shop.

Edit#2: I can now see that I must have edited my last post in a hurry and removed the part where I write that the second pair of trousers were a cotton trouser from Samsøe. Which I am wearing right now

Last edited by eizhowa; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:43 AM.

2 Weeks Ago
#Resist

^ Seeing as how it's summer and all

This morning when I let the dogs out, I was amazed to feel an actual chill in the air.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

No chill where I live yesterday I was driving with my boyfriend and my back stuck to both the t-shirt and the seat...

Super weird question: do you all wear cropped trousers with ankle boots? Frankly I don't wear boots very often... mostly with jeans. But when I do go to Paris I will have a stricter dress code at the office and all my dress trousers are that baggy cropped cut and I feel like it might look funny. Everyone have probably been doing it for years but it just never occured to me

I'm also afraid I'll chill my ankles with my trousers but unfortunately it seems there are no skinny dress trousers for sale anywhere

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Barbaraa,I am not jealous at all about Paris...

One of the criterias for my new trousers was that they must go with my winter boots Obviously if there was a large gap between shoe and trouser-hem, it would not be very winter-appropriate... I will wear black tights underneat to prevent blinding anyone with my pale pale legs, in case my trousers were to rise up if I sat down etc.

I would probably change into ballet flats when I arrived at work though. High heeled boots are not very comfortable for long and flat boots do not flatter my legs the way ballet flats do, but that is personal preference My sister wears flat boots with boyfriend jeans and it looks good on her.

Last edited by eizhowa; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:00 AM.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

The thing is I haven't bought trousers in ages and I don't really feel like changing my trousers now to accomodate boot-wearing... I bought a pair of flat boots because I don't really see myself cruising across a city in heels. I also don't see myself carrying an extra pair of shoes tbh I will probably just go for it anyway

2 Weeks Ago
#Resist

^ I really think boots aren't necessary ... I live in tights in the winter, to me that's enough to keep the ankles warm unless you're really someplace cold. Oxfords are good for winter ... and ballet flats, in my world as well as eizhowa's So if the boots don't go with something, just wear different shoes

You can also buy extra-warm tights.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

^ The thing is, I'm used to 5ºC winters in here I rarely do wear boots, but when I went to Paris in the winter a couple of years ago it was muh colder than in here... I'm also uncapable of wearing tights under trousers as it feels as if my legs are slippery somehow

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe