The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #10 - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2017
tfs star

^sounds like you have quite a few things wearing out ATM. Good thing that you can still use the blouse.

I hit the jackpot at my local thrift shop the other day. A pair of black Chelsea boots had been sitting in the window for a few days and they turned out to be my size. Unworn, classic, real leather boots. Great timing since I cannot wear anything heeled ATM if I have to walk too much, and I don't have any other flat fall shoes than sneakers.

pic via Vagabond.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vagabondamina.jpg (5.0 KB, 104 views)

06-11-2017
#Resist

^ How nice ... the universe looking out for you

Yes, it's a bit annoying right now as it's some of my favorites on their last legs And not so easy to replace. Luckily some newer purchases are working out nicely.

I'm going to try wearing my darker purple Lanvin blouse under the black lace-trim cardigan, and see how that works out ... it's sad that as these things wear out, I won't be able to replace them.

07-11-2017
V.I.P.

I finish studying after my final exams in december, Betina Great boots!

Ta-ta, are there no Lanvin pieces in luxury second hand shops from Elbaz-collections that could be an option once your items wear out?

V.I.P.

Very nice boots Betinapple, congrats!

It's very annoying when something works very well for you, dies and then no replacement found.

Tried some faux leather leisure pants, but they were 10 cm too short.
Chanel Cruise is almost in store now, going to try that jacket!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Very nice boots Betinapple, congrats!

It's very annoying when something works very well for you, dies and then no replacement found.

Tried some faux leather leisure pants, but they were 10 cm too short.
Chanel Cruise is almost in store now, going to try that jacket!
Meanwhile, I would probably chop off 10 cm to make them work for me

07-11-2017
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I finish studying after my final exams in december, Betina Great boots!

Ta-ta, are there no Lanvin pieces in luxury second hand shops from Elbaz-collections that could be an option once your items wear out?
Well, you may recall my experience with The RealReal ... the Lanvin shrug that apparently arrived moth-infested It was in that bag of items I just got rid of. I feel like I'm just going to have to deal and accept the end of an era ... finding good statement pieces seems to be the challenge right now.

Nymphaea, did they definitely make 'your' jacket in black?

08-11-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Nymphaea, did they definitely make 'your' jacket in black?
Yes, below the product number it states: black & white. Hurray! Second half of November it will be in store.

#Resist

^ Very good

3 Weeks Ago
front row

whoa, new thread already!

my Lanvin Happy hardware was disintegrate, dunno why. so glad that my cobbler can fix it (and for free!)

just finished vacationing (to australia) and now i am so so so tanned. i dont think it looks good with black clothing. what to do?

3 Weeks Ago
tfs star

Thx for the nice words on my boots!

@Floodette: if you are anything like me that tan will disappear within a few weeks - problem solved

Didn't buy anything last month and in general I am pretty content with my wardrobe ATM - no huge gaps (or upcoming replacements..). I did get a new wrap dress and a sweater though. I have been wearing my stripe turtleneck sweater pretty much non-stop since fall started, so it was good to get something to alternate with.

Also, I am keeping my eye out for a dress that has the same function as the Ganni dress I got Fall 2015. I wear that dress several times a week and have done so ever since I got it, it just works for any and all occasions; work, uni, parties, christenings, conferences, job interviews. I really want another dress like that and while I have other great dresses they are either too summer-y or not work appropriate. Unfortunately Ganni seems to have discontinued that style - now most of their dresses are wrap's or don't have a defined waistline.

Pics via hm.com, asos.com, ganni.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hmsweater.jpg (69.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ad90fc8a5f6ff4a821d9845c77860490.jpg (28.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg asosdress.jpg (45.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg hmdress.jpg (101.1 KB, 0 views)

3 Weeks Ago
#Resist

^ That's a big splash of color for you The sweater looks cozy, and I like the cuffed bell sleeves.

3 Weeks Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ That's a big splash of color for you The sweater looks cozy, and I like the cuffed bell sleeves.
Yes, look at me all colourful I am even wearing it with my green Ganni wrap dress. I was afraid the sleeves would be an issue, but since they are cuffed, its all good.

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

@floodette I don't mind a tan with black at all (not that I have ever had a tan whatsoever). What did you end up doing?

@Betina: I love jumpers in that style I did not end up making one for myself, because the same day I bought the knitting pattern, the woman in line in front of me in the store had the exact same jumper. I think everyone in Norway has knitted one by now... Love both of those dresses, and I hope you find a replacement model for the discontinued dress. It is so tiresome when a great model dissapears of the market.

V.I.P.

I really want to make an effort to try to limit myself to 4-5pps next year (as in 5 pieces x 4 seasons, realistically), so I have tried to make a rough plan of how my year in clothes might look like. I will probably need to buy quite a few items as soon as I get a job, but I have tried to really organize purchases in order of how soon I would need them. I will start saving up for a house as well, so I will have additional motivation to not shop unneccesarily.

If I am able to follow this plan, all my work basics will also be included.

I already own:
* Coats/jackets for winter
* White shirts
* Black trousers
* A black suit

I imagine that the items allocated for winter/spring will be bought pretty much as soon as I get a job.

Currently, I have it broken down like this:

Winter #1-#5 + Spring #1: 3 uniqlo merino wool turtlenecks & 3 crewnecks

uniqlo

Spring #2 Black work tote (already have my eyes on one)
Spring #3 Reading glasses
Spring #4 Black winter boots (possibly the IM dawell boots)
Spring #5 Watch (although this can be delayed)

(pictures are rough estimations of what I am thinking)

zalando/mytheresa/jomashop/eyebuydirect

The rest can be bought much later in the year;

Summer #1 Lightweight jacket/blazer
Summer #2 Black kitten heels
Summer #3 Blouse/shirt
Summer #4 Blouse/shirt
Summer #5 Black trousers/other replacement item

Italist/Filippa-k/yoox/barneys/johnlewis

Fall #1 Black skirt
Fall #2 Court shoes
Fall #3 (White cashmere turtleneck?)
Fall #4 (Black leather gloves?)
Fall #5 ???

Filippa-k/samsoe/LKbennet

Winter 2018/2019 #1-#5: ???

And for casualwear, all I know I want/need is a new pair of black jeans, and the Frame velvet blazer to match the trousers I already own That should leave approx. 4 slots open for various items I might stuble across, unless I want to start working my way into spring 2019... I have a pretty decent collection of clothes for each season by now, so in theory, this is doable. In theory)

If nothing else, it will be fun to compare what I bought during 2018 to what I planned

tfs star

@Eizhowa: I see that kind of jumper quite a lot as well. Knitting one myself would have been a never ending project, so I am happy I found an alternative. The material mix is quite good and I am wearing it a lot. Definetely one of my better high street purchases in a long time.

I really like your shopping plan for next year - looking forward to seeing how everything turns out. When I was still blogging I used to post my wishlist and then update on what I purchased, which was pretty interesting.

I know the feeling of having what you need - in theory - but I guess needs change, so some times you will have to add a few new pieces any way.

I don't stick very strictly to wish lists at this point since I do not have a lot of things I need, so I can be a bit more spontaneous (well me-spontaneous, which mean that I still do a lot of pondering before purchasing anything..). The only "need" item I have on my wishlist right now is sandals. I will probably be buying one, perhaps two pairs for SS18 as I have worn out most of the pairs I had.

Also just checked my wardrobe board, and so far I have bought 20 pieces this year, including everything. I think I might have found a Ganni dress that can fill the same need as my fave dress, so I might get that. Also I might get an occasion dress of some sorts as I have a few parties coming up, and since I stopped buying party dresses, I almost exclusively have every day dresses left. Also I am contemplating putting a pair of comfy/practical winter boots on my wishlist for Christmas or for the sales as I am stuck in sneakers ATM due to the issue I am having with my knee. All my boots are heeled, and wearing sneaks is starting to be a bit cold.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, #9, 45, french, piece, wardrobe