How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-02-2012
rising star

Hello all,

I am so happy, as i am now doing bikram yoga almost everyday, i feel my body toned down and i can wear my old clothes again! Also bikram has greatly diminished my shopping appetite!!!

So pls allow me to jump back to the quality-over-quantity wagon and try to attain max 10 items until june ends.

1. I want a ruby ring « not sure if i will buy it this year as it's'not priority, but it's'been on my wishlist for ages. And i dont have ring with yellow gold anyway, so ruby + yellow gold sounds nice
2. Watch « bicolore chain « another item that has been on my wishlist for ages
3. White blouse « i dont have any!!!
4. Coloured blouse
5. Nude wedge « has ordered from my favourite shoe designer (local)
6. Navy strappy shoes « for work :-)

*cant think about anything else atm*

Apart from that, i need to stock on socks and yoga top (i consider this as basic since i use it everyday)
Posted via Mobile Device

08-02-2012
trendsetter

@Floodette: welcome back!

Went to check out a stam bag today. Was not impressed at all. Good for my economy, sad since I was really counting on it to be THE bag. However, even though I coould fit my belongings in it the kiss-lock opened all the time. So no bag for me ATM.

08-02-2012
backstage pass

I actually saw a bag recently that I'd really really love to have. It's more of a small bag for evenings and such though. I don't really own one for such occasions but I'll have to think whether I want to spend on something I don't need 100% even if I think it's one of a kind. Well, I have to hold myself back for the moment anyway, so maybe time will solve the problem by selling the bag out before I can put my hands on it. I really have learnt during the last year that "out of stock" isn't the same thing as "the end of the world".

Floodette: That sounds great with the bikram yoga! I totally think these kind of things can lessen shopping appetite!

Last edited by RedandNavy; 08-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.

08-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
I actually saw a bag recently that I'd really really love to have. It's more of a small bag for evenings and such though. I don't really own one for such occasions but I'll have to think whether I want to spend on something I don't need 100% even if I think it's one of a kind. Well, I have to hold myself back for the moment anyway, so maybe time will solve the problem by selling the bag out before I can put my hands on it. I really have learnt during the last year that "out of stock" isn't the same thing as "the end of the world".

Floodette: That sounds great with the bikram yoga! I totally think these kind of things can lessen shopping appetite!
That sounds very exciting! I want to seee! Maybe in a private message - promise I wont buy it I really know how you're feeling though. I think I would get more use out of a big bag, but since I can't find one I want I should might as well wait, since I don't need it NOW.

08-02-2012
Power to the 99%

adin.be
floodette, my aunt recently gave me a ruby necklace that is something I never would have bought for myself, but I've really been enjoying wearing it. Sometimes something completely different is nice for a change ...

I've gotten some things from Adin before, and so has a friend ... she was very pleased. Here's one of their ruby rings (Victorian) ...

RedandNavy, I have never spent more than $100 on an evening bag (unless you count the one I carry as a wallet, and then I have ) I haven't yet been able to justify the expenditure, given that often I carry my regular bags in the evening. I did see quite a lovely one from Nina Ricci ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adin ruby ring.jpg (28.4 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 08-02-2012 at 06:55 PM.

09-02-2012
rising star

Thanks for the warm welcome, redandnavy, betinnapple and ta-ta.

Ta-ta, the ring is very nice! Thank you also for the adin recommendation.

Redandnavy: what color of the evening bag that you eyed on? I found that i need two, one for silver jewellery and one for gold.

*it seems that i am obsessed with having silver and gold color for everything hahaha*
Posted via Mobile Device

14-02-2012
Rebaptising my badness

I got myself a sweet bargain yesterday. I wanted this cardigan for months, but I felt it wasn't worth the price (US$ 157), even though it's pretty much my style and in a colour I've been longing to introduce to my yearly wardrobe. Long story short, I got a 78% discount on it (50% from a season sale plus a discount from a loyalty programme) and it ended up costing me only US$ 35. If I'm not mistaken, this is my first wardrobe purchase this year.

(Image credit: Folic.com.br)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg casaco_heart_Folic.jpg (64.3 KB, 2 views)

15-02-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal To The Metal Natasha Bag in Black
Black Cashmere V-Neck or Scoop Neck Sweater
Black Ballet Flats (purchased)
Black Wedge Boots (or round toe wedge heels)
Joie Louvre Silk Blouse in Navy
a black or red pea coat
& another pair of dark denim skinny jeans (purchased)
I ordered another pair of my favourite ballet flats today, so I can cross them off of the list... I am also eyeing off this Jason Wu for Target US blouse, but I'm going to have to hunt it down on Ebay when it's not so darn expensive...

countryroad.com.au / target.com
Attached Images
File Type: png flats.png (25.7 KB, 224 views)
File Type: png target.png (173.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Belowen; 15-02-2012 at 04:18 AM.

15-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
I ordered another pair of my favourite ballet flats today, so I can cross them off of the list... I am also eyeing off this Jason Wu for Target US blouse, but I'm going to have to hunt it down on Ebay when it's not so darn expensive...

countryroad.com.au / target.com
The ballet flats look really good and lovely.

Also love the blouse! Very stunning and perfect colour.

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

Belowen, i have the same idea. waiting around a few months for the ebay hype for jason wu to die. i have my eye on the blue wheel dress that alexa chung wore in vogue. it was an online only item (same with the blue blouse you wanted i think)

i love the ballet flats as well.

18-02-2012
front row

Quote:
Super-cute blouse! I hope you get one for a great price....

23-02-2012
rising star

So it is confirmed that I've been good. I just came back from 10-day trip to London, Aberdeen and HongKong. Usually trips throw me into buying frenzy, but I think I behave quite nicely this time.

I did buy two sets of thermal clothes (hey, am a tropical girl!!) and some tshirts for yoga. I also get replacement for jeans (my old ones are already too big thanks to Bikram, and also the price is way cheaper for exact same models+brands+colors in London).

My frivolous spending (if I can say it) is one mason pearson brush, and a greatly discounted zara dress (hey, 10 gbp compared to 80 usd in my place!!!!) that I just can't resist! And one set of work clothes (blazer + pants) from maje that suits my new size.

I can cross out "watch" from my list for the time being, as I fall madly in love with a watch (it's iconic bangle from burberry btw, will try to find a pic later). It's silver not bicolore, but I love the simple shape so much. Besides I still have my black movado one.

So that's it forr me, no new bag, no new shoes. I think little by little I will be able to really curb my spending. My shopping list may seem a lot to you, but for me with my eenie meenie self control it's actually an achievement :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

23-02-2012
rising star

I hope u can see the pic. Image from 3rd st vintage828
Posted via Mobile Device

23-02-2012
front row

Between now and next autunm/winter I need:

Good pair of jeans (next to impossible, not looking forward to the search).
Leather sandals.
New trench coat (my old one pulls horribly at the shoulders).
Perfect all-year-round black pants, which will work both formally and casual.
A tiny yet beautiful necklace.

Doesn't sound like much, but it will break the bank no doubt.

23-02-2012
Power to the 99%

^ I too have noticed how one can spend quite a lot on just 4-5 items

That's great you found a watch you really love, floodette. A great item to spend $$$ on since you can get so much use from it ...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe