How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Thanks, R&N. I think if you really love it, you can still 'own' it with no problem when it's no longer a red hot trend.
Ta-ta, I think so, too. I think it would go well with my other items, and probably that's the crucial point (as opposed to that neon orange denim jacket).

I'll wait a little longer. It's not May yet anyway ;-) I still try to keep myself under control.

Btw, I'm wearing my black Miu Miu heels in. I bought them last spring and practically never wore them because they didn't feel comfortable enough. Now I'm wearing them at home to stretch them into the right form. I think it's working... The shoe as such is gorgeous and has the right size, it's just so "stiff".

16-04-2012
trendsetter

I agrree with Ta-ta. That said, I do not find coral to be very classic, but if you love it it doesn't matter.

What miu-mius is it that you are talking about? Would love to see them!

Me: probably not going to stay withing my 10 items. Hoping for 15 instead, and then I'll try do to better for fall. Suddenly a lot of the things that has been on my list for ages has appeared, and since I also do have money ATM, it would be stupid not to get it. Latest news is that I finally ordered the perfect bag. Can't wait for it to arrive.

17-04-2012
backstage pass

I wanna see your bag betin! I know you were on a hunt for a while.

17-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldn View Post
I wanna see your bag betin! I know you were on a hunt for a while.
Should arrive any day know!

18-04-2012
backstage pass

@Betinapple: I think coral is my new red. I noticed that while I like wearing red, I got more compliments when wearing something in the coral / tomato spectrum. A slightly softer red. I think it compliments my skin. So I guess coral is a classic for me since I own a few coral items that have worked for years. So I'm not worried about the color, more about the lace But I have time and time will tell.

I'm sooooo curious to see your new bag!!! How is it? Can you describe it? Has it arrived yet? Where did you order? Awwww, the excitement :p

18-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedandNavy View Post
@Betinapple: I think coral is my new red. I noticed that while I like wearing red, I got more compliments when wearing something in the coral / tomato spectrum. A slightly softer red. I think it compliments my skin. So I guess coral is a classic for me since I own a few coral items that have worked for years. So I'm not worried about the color, more about the lace But I have time and time will tell.

I'm sooooo curious to see your new bag!!! How is it? Can you describe it? Has it arrived yet? Where did you order? Awwww, the excitement :p
Well - then I think you'll be good. To me lace is classic - and very classy

It's black structured bag with pale gold hardware. Classic yet with a retro touch. Perfect size and made to function as a work bag (has a build in space for a laptop, papers and everything else) so I can use it if I should have to carry books around again some day.

It's from a relatively unknown brand (to me, at least) called Milli Millu, but it is not on the website. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully it will arrive today, since I'm so excited I can barely wait.

18-04-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:

I'm sooooo curious to see your new bag!!! How is it? Can you describe it? Has it arrived yet? Where did you order? Awwww, the excitement
I wear both coral and red ... I've had a coral color scheme going for some years now--started it mid-2000s. I wore my coral denim jacket yesterday, and someone told me it was a very happy color I do like that it provides a little lift to the day.

I am going to return/exchange the black pants--wore them, and they just aren't flattering.

What is really disappointing about this is that before my two pairs of jeans wore out, every pair I had (4 total) was from the same label. So are these pants, and they don't fit well, which makes me fear the brand is not going to be a standby for me any longer. I looked at their website, and what they're producing has changed, so it appears that they've changed direction. This is the kind of change I'm not a fan of ...

19-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I wear both coral and red ... I've had a coral color scheme going for some years now--started it mid-2000s. I wore my coral denim jacket yesterday, and someone told me it was a very happy color I do like that it provides a little lift to the day.

I am going to return/exchange the black pants--wore them, and they just aren't flattering.

What is really disappointing about this is that before my two pairs of jeans wore out, every pair I had (4 total) was from the same label. So are these pants, and they don't fit well, which makes me fear the brand is not going to be a standby for me any longer. I looked at their website, and what they're producing has changed, so it appears that they've changed direction. This is the kind of change I'm not a fan of ...
Oh NO! I hate this kind of change, too... It happened to me with my jeans brand. I had two pair of CLOSED jeans that I absolutely loved. When I was in Munich last year (remember?) I was so happy that they had a CLOSED shop, so I went in an bought the exact model again (same style name, same size). I tried them on but somehow, in my enthusiasm, I ignored the fact that they seem to have changed the cut a bit. Back at home when I wore them I noticed that although the same style and size they are definitely NOT exactly the same as the other two. Not my perfect pair anymore... Ugh, I hate buying all kinds of pants, it's always sooo difficult for me.

Regarding coral: I'm not even sure whether the kind of color I'm talking about is actually coral I just call it like that. It's a slightly lighter red with a hint of pink. I have one doubt about my lace dress, still. Its material is 100% nylon. Is that usual for lace? It's a Diane vo Furstenberg so I assume it must be decent quality. But 100% nylon, can that be good?

Betti's bag: Wanna see it! I didn't know Milli Millu (sounds a lot like Miu Miu) but I looked at their page and they have some nice bags at decent prices! Seems like a good choice!

Last edited by RedandNavy; 19-04-2012 at 12:08 AM.

19-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Oh NO! I hate this kind of change, too... It happened to me with my jeans brand. I had two pair of CLOSED jeans that I absolutely loved. When I was in Munich last year (remember?) I was so happy that they had a CLOSED shop, so I went in an bought the exact model again (same style name, same size). I tried them on but somehow, in my enthusiasm, I ignored the fact that they seem to have changed the cut a bit. Back at home when I wore them I noticed that although the same style and size they are definitely NOT exactly the same as the other two. Not my perfect pair anymore... Ugh, I hate buying all kinds of pants, it's always sooo difficult for me.

Regarding coral: I'm not even sure whether the kind of color I'm talking about is actually coral I just call it like that. It's a slightly lighter red with a hint of pink. I have one doubt about my lace dress, still. Its material is 100% nylon. Is that usual for lace? It's a Diane vo Furstenberg so I assume it must be decent quality. But 100% nylon, can that be good?

Betti's bag: Wanna see it! I didn't know Milli Millu (sounds a lot like Miu Miu) but I looked at their page and they have some nice bags at decent prices! Seems like a good choice!
Maybe I'm just biased, but I would never by anything in 100% nylon. My body doesn't work with unnatural fabrics. Nylon to me just doesn't seem very exclusive, and it is not anything I would pay a lot of money for. But that's just my point of view. Couldn't imagine the dress looking cheap (certainly not when YOU are thinking of buying it ) and I guess nylon does not wear out as fast as silk and cotton.

It is the Copenhagen model, but in black (not featured on the site). I think I will be very happy about my choice. I'm just very impatient at the moment.

19-04-2012
backstage pass

Betinapple: That's funny that you liked their Copenhagen model. I was immediatly attracted to the Zurich model... they seem to have thought something when they gave those bags their names

You know, I have the same fears about the 100% nylon. Will I ever really like something that is 100% nylon?? Hmmm... not sure. I'll wait. You know, I'd really like to have another dress and a cardigan this season but somehow the cardigans and dresses don't want to show up Or if they do, they cost 1000 € - which definitely crosses my pain limit for pretty much any piece of clothing. I see tons of nice tops and shoes and could buy a whole new wardrobe with tees, short sleeved fun tops and sandals. But that wasn't really my plan.

19-04-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me too. They've been so good for so long that I couldn't believe they were letting me down so badly. I mean really--an unflattering pair of black pants?! That takes effort :p

Well, coral is the color of coral Which has a whole range to it. I have some that's more orange, and some that's more pink ...

I have my doubts about the nylon too. I think I'd want to see it in person ...

20-04-2012
trendsetter

Here she is, my gorgeous bag

There's seperated rooms for a laptop, papers, cell and all the other things I carry around. Each pocket is marked e.g. "My things", "My laptop". So cute.

20-04-2012
rising star

It's cute!!! Yet looks sturdy.

Would love to see the inside as well, if you don't mind....
Posted via Mobile Device

21-04-2012
backstage pass

Betinapple: That bag looks very classy and still very practical. Looks like a very good investment, congratulations!

I think I keep my hands off that dress (the coral lace dress) for now. The only place where I can find it in my size is the DvF online shop. I don't really trust all those online shops out there anymore. I want to stick to the few that have been good to me (mostly net-a-porter and maybe I might try slowfetch eh farfetch again). But with all those other stores you never really know whether the return policy really works. And I'm not really ready to take that risk with 100% nylon.

21-04-2012
trendsetter

@Floodette: thanks a lot! And yes, I think it will be able to live through a hard life of carrying all my stuff AND books when I have to carry those again.

It is kind of hard to photograph the inside of a bag, but you can see a picture here http://www.millimillu.com/shoulder-b...openhagen.html

@RedandNavy: thanks a lot! I think I will be very happy about it. I wore it yesterday and it worked perfectly even with a heavy load.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 45, french, piece, wardrobe